stupid me...kids trashed my car! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

stupid me...kids trashed my car!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by RickDay246, Nov 30, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Ooooooooooooooooh, okay...! That makes sense, 'cause it DOES have badges on it...! Thanks, Dave...! :)

2. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Well you could put on the 41 pounds, but 2 more inches i dont know....wait im thinking elevator shoes.

Carbon hope all is well.

Dave

3. rascalif

rascalif Karting

Dec 20, 2003
    Southern California
    The only place I leave my Ferrari parked outside for extended periods of time is at our local church. Even with the top down, no incidents in the past two years. Anywhere else is a gamble not worth taking.

4. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    That takes me back 20 years are so, parked my X1/9 at church. Came back 40 minutes later. Window smashed, stereo gone. Thought about it some,they knew how long approximately i was going to be inside for.

5. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Not so much liberals as bureaucrats (although sometimes it's hard to tell the difference). Spank your kid these days and you're like to have a visit from a social worker and a cop.

There's a dilemma here: Who is the final authority on how a child is raised, the parent or the state?

Children are the future citizens, so the state does appear to have an interest in how the kid is raised. So the system feels the need to intervene in a parent's authority to raise their kid. But note that the system takes no responsibility for the result. (In some jurisdiction, the bureaucracy passes laws making the parent responsible for damage done by the child ... but still restricts the parent's authority to discipline a kid.)

Where authority and responsiblity are disconnected, no good results occur.

6. ScreaminRevs

ScreaminRevs Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2004
    Chicago
    What happens if you park your exotic...sit and wait a few parking rows away, then when mischief comes up, take the law into your own hands? Is this entrapment of our "sainted" youth or simply protection of our personal property?

7. dontmindme

dontmindme Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Wichita Falls Tx
    Full Name:
    Robert
    as a liberal youth raised in a liberal environment, having played many a video game, i'd just like to say that i'd sooner take physical harm myself(of degrees varying by how much i like the car) than let ANY wonderful car, my own or not, be vandalized. the ability of anyone to damage, steal, or even cause to be very dirty something that belongs to someone else is entirely beyond my understanding. people really don't seem to respect other peoples stuff though, and that bothers me.. i was one time sitting IN MY CAR(Porsche 944, no Ferrari... yet) when someone parked next to me, opened their door into me without so much as flinching, and continued to hold their door against mine while getting something out of their car.. blarghl!

8. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Well, I bought my car with key cuts down both sides of the car. Right down into the primer, couple places it ends in the metal. I read this cr@p and I almost feel like leaving it that way. Its just so sad that our country has turned out like this.
    I always think of crimes today and wonder how they would have been dealt with 100 years ago. Seems like ever since we got women to start reporting rape, they really started becoming dead. And it always seems to be the guy they just let out of the slammer. You all know full well no one messes with the mafia, they go right to the bottom of the river with cement feet. Maybe as a society, we have become so castrated we dont know how to deal with this stuff.
    I can imagine kids caught being destructive 100 years ago being horsewhipped, of put in stocks for three days. Or maybe being forced to work at a place that fixes that cr@p for a year. I have even imagined a secret "posse" of right thinking men, who wouldnt be to afraid of taking certain individuals out for a ride and without really hurting them in any way, scare them so God awful bad they are afraid to ever leave thier house again. Like maybe a 100 mile drive into the country, and left in blocks for 3 days. Can you imagine what 3 days outside in one of those awful things would be like? Especially if you didnt know the people who put you there cuz they were masked?
    I came to that thought when the daughter of an aquaintance I know was beat up by her boyfriend. No one from her family, her friends, nobody ever went after the punk. No body should ever touch anyones stuff, and it all relates to respect, and a lot of respect comes from fear that you might pi$$ people off and they will hurt you. Or the "posse" will.

9. Dr.Bleed

Dr.Bleed Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nathan E. K.
    What a bunch of punks. I dont care if it's an old rusted out Gremlin, I have little tolerance for people who destroy other peoples property, especially when it comes to cars. Sorry to here that happened :mad: .

10. Dr.Bleed

Dr.Bleed Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nathan E. K.
    Actually being a child of both perspectives, lower middle class, and later upper middle class, children of conservatives are just as likely, if not more likely to vandalize property simply because they havent had to learn, or have failed to have been taught respect for other peoples things. (Not trying to start another one of these meaningless debates involving 2 terms most people use way too loosely, so dont get me wrong.)

11. trevi

trevi F1 Rookie
    Owner

May 19, 2003
    Switzerland
    i can't buy nothing with the respect italian thieves may have for my ferrari, but if somebody spills on it, i can clean it.

12. millemiglia

millemiglia Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    Sad story...but you had the top up, right?
    So it could have been worse...

I'm glad there were no permanent damage to the car.

/Peter

13. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, thanks, Dave... i hope all is well with you, too... Dude, if i put on 41 MORE pounds, i won't fit in the Sebring...! :)

14. ENZOFORZA

ENZOFORZA Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    DUXBURY, MA
    Full Name:
    JAKE
    nno U put on 41 lbs and Ill take you for a blast in the 355. Ill have to have helper springs installed and set the tire pressure to 90 PSI to keep from bottoming when running over cigarette butts. We will also have to stay away from any steep hills unless we have a running start.

15. 1975gt4don

1975gt4don Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Peoples Rep of CA
    Full Name:
    Smog Exempt
    Encinitas I would have figured should have been safe IMO. Pretty tranquil part of SD IMO and I am a native. As far as my experience goes here in potential trouble spots in SD I would stay completely away from anywhere south of I-8 with the rare exception of the gaslamp quarter during the day, although I haven't done this yet, I would bet this would be safe in a guarded lot like Seaport Village.

Other trouble spots: OB, PB, South Mission Beach south of the coaster(well documented heavy gang hangout with several shootings over the years), Oceanside by the beach especially. Never had any problems in LJ, Del Mar, Rancho Santa Fe, etc.

It pays to keep an eye out on the TYPES of clientele an establishment or an area of town usually keeps. If you see alot of Laker Fans, Raider Fans, SF 49er fans wearing their team jersey, ESPECIALLY if it isn't football season or baseball season, if you guys catch my drift here. Profiling? Perhaps, but who cares. I could give a flying F. Trash exists in all walks of life, but I have a special place in my heart over the guys wearing sports jerseys. I GET ESPECIALLY FRIGGING PI$$ED when I see graffitti in my neighborhood. SD is becoming another L.A. Youths are taught to write, etch, paint or do whatever they can to get their gang name or mumbo jumbo painted upon anything with a blank space on it. It is glorified in hip hop/rap music as well, beaten down their throats so to speak.

Youths have a penchant for destruction. For everything CONstructive, their is a DEstructive part: computers for example and most recently even cellphones---virus writers attempting to destroy things of importance, data, whatever you have.

Caltrans workers spending COUNTLESS hours and paint every morning patrolling every major bridge overpass, signs, looking for fresh graffitti to paint over.

It boggles my mind everytime I hear of another virus being unleashed. I mean, WTF? Don't these frigging pimple faced pocket protector geeks have lives? Maybe not.

It hasn't gotten better.