Modified GTE on eBay ... strange | FerrariChat

Modified GTE on eBay ... strange

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by Fiat Dino 206, Nov 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fiat Dino 206

Fiat Dino 206 Karting

Apr 19, 2004
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    David
    Somebody spent a ton on creating this incomplete "whatcha - ma - call - it" from a GTE.

I kinda, sort-of like it from some angles, but the drivetrain seems a strange selection to me.

Hey, I thought that Tom Shaughnessy was buying up all the old GTE's: wonder where he stands on this one?

Take a few "real" parts from some old Ferrari: engine, trans, rearend etc. and you would have a unique "bitsa" that probably would be worth 1/10th of what it cost to build ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4503807530&sspagename=ADME%3AX%3AON%3AUS%3A2

Best wishes

2. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I think Tom would probably stand on the hood of that one. Maybe the trunk.

3. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Talked to Tom, he only sees the value in the steering wheel and the guages.

4. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    WOW!
    I hope PSK does'nt see this one; he (among others) will have an apoplectic fit at what's been done to this, this, I don't know...... 250 GTE? Nice job on the 330 front end tho....... Even the chassis has been boogered by the extra crossmembers etc to install the MBZ?

5. T0nyGTSt

T0nyGTSt Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    I would be the last to say this but this 'car' should be parted out... by Hurricane Annie.

T.

6. davidgoerndt

davidgoerndt Formula 3

Oct 25, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    David Goerndt
    With no Ferrari engine and a modified chassis, does it even qualify as a Ferrari?

David Goerndt

7. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Its a "Merrari"

8. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    I love the car, I think it looks great but the beauty of a Ferrari is the motor without that its just a car and that car needs way too much work for the money they already want.

9. Kram

Kram Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2004
    Park bench, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mark
    “The last owner purchased this car back in Dec, of 1987 and kept records of all the expenses with dates and amount spent with a check number.*At least 36 checks were written amounting to 96,181.62 since 1987.*We have an idea that there were many other checks written for more money yet but we don’t have those in our possession.

Car is still not running of course........”

Should this thread be joined with the one about that Wayne guy who ripped off his customers? I can’t believe there are two service departments in California that can charge almost 100k and the car isn’t yet running “of course”.

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Seen it ... struggling to control heart rate ;)

She's gone :( ... saying that some bastard had already stolen the engine, etc. for probably another GTO replica (or to be fair to restore another Ferrari that somebody deemed more important).

Pete

11. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    Fiat Dino 206
    Karting

Writes:

"...Hey, I thought that Tom Shaughnessy was buying up all the old GTE's: wonder where he stands on this one?..."

Thanks for thinking I was buying them all, but I did bring 4765GT home today.
    Hasn't run in 10 years. Yes working on the weekend, It's great to be self-employed!!!!

My goal, I hope to have 5 before thanksgiving.

Tom Shaughnessy
    San Clemente CA
    250 GTE fall madness

12. Fiat Dino 206

Fiat Dino 206 Karting

Apr 19, 2004
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    David
    Nice to hear that you have 4765GT ... you have found homes for many of the "old forgotten" ones over the years! I'm sure that if there is a morsal of 4765GT left worth saving that you will have someone drooling over it before long.

Heck, if you get 5 of them in before Thanksgiving, I may drive the 3000 miles to drool on them myself!

Best wishes