1969 Ferrari "Daytona" 365 GTB/4 EBAY add | FerrariChat

1969 Ferrari "Daytona" 365 GTB/4 EBAY add

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by neverscared, Oct 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. neverscared

neverscared Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
  2. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Is it my imagination, or does the stamping (i.e., the lettering) on the telaio plate look odd?

3. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    It looks good. But, if it was stored on jack-stands like stated in the desciption, the shocks and/or springs are likely shot and will need rebuilding or replacing.

4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    ???
    Are they seious with these pictures? where is this, Compton?

5. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    And why would that be Frank? Storing a car on jack stands is the proper thing to do when not driving it.

6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    This one is two cars before the first production Spyder. Should have a wood steering wheel. The dash pad and leather look like they have been redone...
    ch

7. 365boy

365boy Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Brighton, England
    Full Name:
    John Leaman
    Yes - the dash (specifically the glove box) looks wrong - and that fire extinguisher is a little worrying...

8. sjvalin

sjvalin Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2004
    Nevada County, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Valin
    He also has it advertised on craigslist:

http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/car/44766129.html

craigslist seems like an odd place to try to sell a daytona. He has no service records with the car. If you bought it from a long term owner that supposedly had it regularly serviced, seems like you should have the records, too. He told me via email that we was looking for $150K.

Here's another daytona on craigslist:
    http://www.craigslist.org/pen/car/44777922.html
    The car is in Burlingame, CA. The seller did not provide a serial number. Anyone familiar with this car?

9. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Jim, you have a lot more experience than me with this, but I have always been told that putting a car up on jacks for a long time over extends the shocks and whatnot. The story (myth?) that I have been told is that it is best to jack up just enough to take some pressure off the tires, but leave them still on the ground. You then should bounce the car evey now and then to exercise the shocks. Is this an old wives tale?

Dale

10. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Peek into the pits on the night before a race. I believe this is what you will see. In the air. Wheels and tires off.

11. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Can I? Pretty please? With a cherry on top?

WOW! That last shot from the rear is worth the price of admission. If you ever display this car, this how you should do it. You can really see how this car is nothing but an engine wrapped with a few pieces of beautiful, but flimsy, metal.

Thanks for sharing.

Dale