Monyoya drives Silverstone- in a Mini------------------ | FerrariChat

Monyoya drives Silverstone- in a Mini------------------

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by tonyh, Oct 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Interesting article.

I guess it dispells all the conflicting numbers as to how fast he went round the oval that one time.

2. ferrarigr

ferrarigr Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Athens,Greece
    Full Name:
    Yiannis GR
    I'm so happy for him that he finaly can drive a car...Was about time.

3. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    That is all Silverstone and Montoya are good for, racing Mini's on an old obsolete track!

4. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Funny quote ...

"I was doing about 220 ks at the time. What's that in miles per hour?" I wasn't at that moment up to mental calculation, not with my brain pre-occupied with attempts to persuade the contents of my stomach to remain where they had been when we began the drive."

257 mph seems excessive to me - I thought the Champ cars topped out at 230-235mph?

5. LopeAlong

LopeAlong Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    West of St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yeah, but that was probably also in kph and he was confused. The quote not mentioned in this but picked up by a few other rags was, "That's not my problem." This when asked about the demise of Silverstone. Gee, how many times have we heard this flippant remark in his "natural born to car control" career. As much as I try to cut the guy some slack.....
    Jim

6. Goggles Pisano

Goggles Pisano Karting

May 22, 2002
    Bernie, is that you?!

7. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    At their peak a champ car would average 235 or better around the whole track. During the time the JPM was in champ car, I believe Gil DeFerran avaraged a 241 or so around one of the tracks so 257 down a straight is possible before slowing for the corners.