Would you give a fellow F-chatter a ride in your car? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Would you give a fellow F-chatter a ride in your car?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by F1Ace, Sep 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Would you give a ride?

1. Yes

2. No

3. What? I do not understand the question...

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I will always welcome an FChatter and others to drive my 308. I enjoy giving kids a ride in it, especially young teens that may not have a clue in life of what they will become, in hopes that a ride in such a car will motivate them to do good in school, stay away from drugs and work on having goals.

Darth tossed me the keys to his 550 a few weeks ago. What a rush! It would have been nice to get out of third gear though! I can only wish he will enjoy the favor repayment in driving my '77 308 (ZZZZZZzzzzzz) when he visits my neck of the woods.

2. Gatarz

Gatarz Rookie

Sep 11, 2004
    I would be glad to give you all rides in my car! Unfortunately, I am currently driving a Porsche C4 Cab!

Do not despair, however. The lease on the Porsche is up in two weeks, and I'm planning on spending the winter sourcing my next car - a Ferrari.

Now, I'm not too sure if I will be giving out free rides in the F car. Possibly. I'll keep you posted.

3. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle

i better be driving it carbon

4. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Whenever I have my Ferrari and I am at a track day, or even at a gas station or something when i have a moment to spare, anyone who asks will get a ride or sit in the drivers seat. If i see a kid looking at my Ferrari, ill ask him if he wants to take a ride or sit in the seat. Ill always be willing to go out of my way for people who love Ferraris becasue I will remember how I am now and how getting a ride or a sit or just seeing one and talking to the owner is the best thing in the world.

Anyone who want a ride in some Ferrari in about 15-20 years, let me know!

5. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex

Remeber to stop in Westminster, CO. Ill be watchin out the window for you!

6. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    You do know that by answering yes, it gives us proof that you would volunteer to give a fellow F-Chatter a ride in your car! Just print out the page and there it is!

Thanks!

7. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    When we have a party or a small event; We all throw our keys in a pot and go driving. LOL.

We are all little kids at heart and we want to play with the other guys GI Joes too!!!!

8. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    That sounds like a really good idea. Is that perhaps the best way to get multiple rides? Just hang around trackside at these events, gushing over the cars until you get into that passenger seat?

Wes

9. millemiglia

millemiglia Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    Would I offer a ride? Yes!
    Would I let them drive? Hell No!

The only one, besides me, who have driven my 348 after I purchased it is my wife.

/Peter

10. millemiglia

millemiglia Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    I thought a key party was when the women picked a car key randomly and followed the owner home...
    But maybe that was in California in the 70's...

/Peter

11. Forzaholics Anonymous

Forzaholics Anonymous Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mike B
    I've even let my attorney and two watchmakers drive it. All three are consumate gearheads who've had Porsches and Lotuses etc and knew how to handle it.

I am however having second thoughts about giving rides until i can be sure that my #@$%@#$% passenger side door will no longer keep popping open in the MIDDLE OF A GODDAM OFFRAMP! :(

12. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    I give rides to any and all f-chatters - and non f-chatters for that matter.

word to the wise - don't let Darth550 ride in your car - he can spot a door ding, leather scuff or carpet pull from 75 yards!

13. solly

solly Formula 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Dr. Steven S.
    I have never been at a track event (except Lime Rock which prohibits noise, passengers, speeding, booze and fun in general) where any driver in my group turned down a request, often from total strangers for a track ride. I have given many myself. But best to ask beforehand in case any new rules apply for that day. Different clubs have different rules. FCA is usually cool about it, PDA, FOC and Trackmasters (open track drivers, not students) are definitely cool about it. But I've even given rides at Lime Rock.

Do you want to cruise around at 70 mph at 4000 RPM or have your head blasted off at 150 mph at redline and see what these cars can really do?

14. toddjw73

toddjw73 F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2004
    Nor-Cal
    Full Name:
    Todd Westbrook

15. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Fchatters are so freakin cool. :D

Ski Guy 348, would you still let me check out your 348 sometime in Gville?

16. James Lightning

James Lightning Karting

Jul 18, 2004
    Canton, Ga & WPB, FL
    Full Name:
    Parker Beach
    Anybody in the West Palm Beach, Fl area willing to give a 16 year old a ride in their F-car

17. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    :(

DL

18. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    That's what this is all about !! SHARING with or no members. I don't remember many laps during open events when I went out alone. Most of the time, I don't even know who went in the LM.
    Give a chance to all to experience what we love so much
    Roland
    F40LM

19. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    Hey! Over here!! Yoo-hoo...PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME!!!!!

You sir, are a true gentleman.

Perchance, could you tell me if you will be attending to one of these "tracks" again this year? Do you put your car away for the winter, or is your weather suitable for year-round use?

Best!
    Wes

20. andymo1972

andymo1972 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2004
    Ft Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy L
    Well said Roland. Although some people in John's F40 didn't "love" the experience so much last time at PPIR. Good thing he has you to detail his car after events. I also give rides to just about anyone who asks, at track events or otherwise.

James Lightning - If I get up that way (I'm in Ft Lauderdale), I'd be more than happy to give you a ride in my 360 sometime.

Andy

21. solly

solly Formula 3

Jun 2, 2001
    Westchester NY
    Full Name:
    Dr. Steven S.
    Ill be at Pocono this Tuesday, October 4th. Any fellow F-chatters who would like to take a few track laps are welcome to come. Just PM me by Sunday night so I can add you to the guest list. I will also be at Watkins Glen Wed. and Thursday, October 4th and 5th. Same offer applies.

I will have either my 360 Challenge (white, #36) or my street car (360 spider, yellow). Both are a blast on the track.

22. Gimme Fuel

Gimme Fuel F1 Veteran

Mar 15, 2003
    In my 348
    Full Name:
    Paul (Norway)
    Wolfgang was so kind to take me for a ride in his Beastarossa on the Autobahn in 250-260 Km/H.....maaaan, there are certain things in life you'll never forget:D
    He have promised me another ride next year (Wolfgang, I hope you read this LOL:D)

23. Ski Guy 348

Ski Guy 348 Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Jay M.
    RedlineG60.... Sure!! It has been a busy summer, however, I am back in G'Ville for the fall/winter. Send me a PM with your number. I should have time this weekend.

-Jay