Merged Threads: Ebay 330 America - Former Vintage Race Car | FerrariChat

Merged Threads: Ebay 330 America - Former Vintage Race Car

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by rleander, Sep 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rleander

rleander Karting

Sep 23, 2002
    Winston-Salem NC
    Anybody know anything current about this car? Once owned by John Bond of Road and Track fame. The listing says it was a vintage race car returned to street form and "freshened." Little description of the current condition and no interior or engine compartment pictures . . . and the exterior picture might be prior to the conversion TO the race car. And the listing says it is an automatic. . . Anybody in Northwest familar with the car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6212&item=2489728899&rd=1

2. Fiat Dino 206

Fiat Dino 206 Karting

Apr 19, 2004
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    David
    I remember the car from some years back when it was for sale here in Mississippi ... here's some information on the car.

http://www.parrotbyte.com/330gtregistry/detail/sn_5109.html

I had to type the d***n thing in as I could not "copy and paste" it for some reason. hope it works!

Best wishes

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Won't be an automatic.

Note it is not a vintage race car ... but a car that was raced in vintage races. Big difference. By this I mean it only raced when it was already an old vintage car (1998) and was never raced when new and current ... thus the racing history is of no real importance.

Pete

4. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    eBay item 2489728899 (Ends Sep-20-04 10:22:35 PDT) - Ferrari : All Models

Anyone have an idea of a fair selling price?

I tend to think that the hard racing use would devalue it, but then being a complete car with full ownership history and the first owner being well known in automotive journalism could help on the up side.

5. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    The pictures look more like a 250GTE to me. Is this really a 330?
    Cheers
    Simon

6. sjvalin

sjvalin Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2004
    Nevada County, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Valin
    It's a 330 America, not a 330GT2+2.

330 America's are 250GTE's with the 209 engine from the forthcoming 330 installed.

7. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Thanks, kind of like a Series1 Series 1....

8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    True especially as it is just recent racing use not historically important stuff, but atleast you can be reasonably sure it has been well maintained mechanically ... after all you cannot race a motor that is not happy, etc.

Pete