EBAY DAYTONA | FerrariChat

EBAY DAYTONA

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by theboogers, Sep 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. theboogers

theboogers Rookie

Nov 14, 2003
    maryland
    Full Name:
    steve hannon
    anyone know about the history or info on ebay #2489325324 1970 daytona coupe for sale. thanks

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Here's some info from Manhiem Gold Book Aug 2004

1970 FERRARI DAYTONA 365GTB/4 BERLINETTA (1,284 mfd)1968-74

Dsp/HP
    4.4/352 V12

Fair ---Good--- Exc---- Show---- Loan
    90,000 110,000 130,000 166,300 H 94,500

3. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    I was offered this car recently. It was was taken in on trade by a dealer in Arizona and I believe he's looking to get around $125K-$130K for it. Up until recently, it was reportedly located in Japan.

4. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    This ebay car is the same Daytona that recently sold at the Russo and Steele auction for $127,600. It was discussed in a previous thread on Daytonas, see here:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26351&page=3&pp=20

You can see the 2 pics from the auction listing here:

http://www.russoandsteele.com/m_preview_2004_detail.asp?ID=5530

Doesnt appear to be a bad car, just a "driver". Im betting however that they want $130K+ for it if its for sale by the whomever purchased it at auction. Perhaps the auction sale fell through?

Pretty car though!

Terry

5. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    I was told it was a trade and the dealer was only trying to get rid of the car. Perhaps it didn't really sell in Monterey? Who knows? Anyway, I'm pretty sure the dealer was willing to let it go for $125K.

6. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002

Well shoot Wayne, if the mechanicals check out solid and the body is good.... thats not a terrible price. The car appears to really need minor cosmetics stuff like a real good engine bay detailing more than anything else. The sort of stuff you could do yourself over the coarse of a month or two at minimal cost. Go for it!

Im anxious to see you in a Daytona! Any chance you would make the Ferrari French Quarter Classic later this year?

Terry

7. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    I passed on this one because of the color, but I'm ready to make a move as soon as the right car comes along:

Black exterior/any interior or yellow/black, coupe or cut.

I would like to make it out to the FQC this year but, even if I have a car by that time, I doubt I'll be shipping it to New Orleans.

8. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002

Ship it? SHIP IT???? What kind of blasphemy is that??? Drive that bad boy! A cross country drive to New Orleans is what a Daytona was MADE for! Its too good an opportunity to pass on!

Terry

9. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    If only...:)

10. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
  11. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
  12. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Shipping? Shipping? What's the point wayne-saving natural resources? I just didnt know you were looking for a show car.....
    Malcolm

13. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Ha! If I had the free time to drive out to Louisiana, believe me I would. As it is, I've taken time off this year for Monterey will do it again for a longer trip to China. I'll be lucky if I can squeeze out another weekend come November to FLY out.

14. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    The Sheehan car, at least to me, has greater and more expensive interior needs. The seats are shot, the carpet is pretty weak looking and the dash has no mousehair at all. The Sheehan car also does not have the 9" rear wheels and the engine bay is equally shabby.

To me (and I have seen neither car in person so this is just a loose opinion) both cars are just "drivers", but the Sheehan car would ultimately require more immediate attention and that interior stuff is expensive.

I would guess the Sheehan car would bring $115K and the other maybe $125K, both prices reflecting the differences in condition for the interior. Then again.... who really knows what the market for these cars is? I dont!

Terry