365boy.... is your Daytona for sale? | FerrariChat

365boy.... is your Daytona for sale?

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by Tspringer, Sep 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Anyone heard from John Leaman lately?

I saw what appears to be his Daytona on the 250SWB website for Paul Baber in the UK:

http://www.racecar.co.uk/250swb/index.htm

Are you selling your Daytona?!?!?!? Say its not so!

Terry

2. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    They have two (s/ns 16625 and 16711), but I doubt either is his. Both cars have different registration plates and are missing the large chrome Cavallino Rampante on the rear. 16625 also has a unique front bumper treatment.

3. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Just looked it up. John's car is 15837.

4. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002

Ahhhhh thanks.

I am surprised there are 3+ blue with tan rhd Daytonas out there! I do love that blue color. My car was originally Dino Blue and if/when it needs a paintjob at some point in the future... it will go back to that color!

Terry

5. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I recall reading somewhere that Col. Hoare (the original Ferrari importer into the UK) thought that all Ferraris should be blue. Maybe this is the explanation!

6. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Why do some Daytonas have a gated shifter while others do not (i.e., the three Daytonas for sale by Paul Baber)? Is it an RHD vs. LHD issue?

7. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    For some unknown reason, all of the RHD (UK) Daytonas that I have seen either had boots over the shift gate, or there was mention of someone removing the boot in the past.

I would also like to know why this is.

8. 365boy

365boy Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Brighton, England
    Full Name:
    John Leaman
    Relax guys. Mine's still in the garage here at home, and not going anywhere just yet....

Baber had 16711 for sale early last year too. I just missed it. It's a beauty. I'm not familiar with his other Blue Daytona, but it's been to HK and back according to his site. Both are at £95,000, which must make them the world's most expensive street Daytonas at the moment (= $160k +)

The other Blue RHD UK Daytona for sale at the moment (in Surrey) is the car that Ferrari UK has owned for the last few years. Lots of appearances in magazines / books etc in recent times - but the seats looked a little the worse for wear when I saw it at Brooklands in June. That's at £85,000.

A lot of the UK cars have boots, but mine doesn't (and I much prefer it without...).

Regards, John PS I'm still looking for a driver's door quarterlight latch if anyone has any leads...