330 America at Kruse Auburn Auction | FerrariChat

330 America at Kruse Auburn Auction

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by El Wayne, Aug 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Does anyone know the s/n of this car?

2. djaffrey

djaffrey Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Don't know the Serial number but I'll bet you a £ for a $ (I'm a Brit by the way) that this car is owned by Mike Westrick whom I bought my 250 GTE from.

I think that because I know Mike had a 300 America which was Red over Tan with red trim (and I see red trim on the car in question). Mike also buys and sells at Kruse quite often. He's a gent by the way.

I could me wrong but it sure looks like it could be his car.

You can contact Westrick via www.exoticperformanceplus.com

Cheers,

Darren.

3. djaffrey

djaffrey Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    DJ
    ...because when I looked at the Kruse site I see at elast 5 or 6 of Mike's other cars up for sale.

Darren.

4. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Darren,

Did you buy the blue/tan 250? That is a lovely car. In the small world department, the guy from whom I bought my 330 wanted that blue car and if you got it you beat him to it. The 250 I'm helping my friend to search for was traded in on the 330 I now own. His father sold the 330 to my father, my father traded it off in 1970 on a 911S. I found it this spring which was not that difficult as I had the chassis number. Once I found Kerry's 330 Registry website I had the name of the then-owner who coincidentally wanted to buy the blue 250.

This might be a pretty good story.

5. djaffrey

djaffrey Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I most certainly did buy thet 250 GTE (#2895).

I bought it direct from EPP/Mike Westrick and then had it shipped to London where its is now getting a bit of a freshen up. It is a beautiful car mechanically, cosmetically it just need minor detailing. One of the better 250's I have seen actually. Drives really well.

Quite bizarreky I made a good "net" friend out of this car when I enquired on F-chat if anyone know anything about #2895 and low and behold a former owner wrote to me and gave me chapter and verse on the car. His name is Rich wallace and he lives in Chicago (I believe). He p/exed #2895 to Mike Westrick for a 355 Spyder.

So the really nice story here is I was buying from one guy (MW) and meanwhile had full information on thw car from thw owner before that (RW). Made me very confident about buying a car sught unseen over the Internet! My friends (and better half especially) thought I was crazy but you know if you do our research you can dig up some amazing stuff.

Small world eh...

Darren.

6. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Hi Darren, thanks. I also spoke to Mike Westrick about your GTE and was in contact with Rich Wallace at that time as well. Even though I decided not to purchase the car, I'm glad it has stayed within the F-Chat community.

As you suggest, I will check with Mike about the 330. Thanks again.

7. Erik330

Erik330 Formula Junior

May 8, 2004
    Ohio
    Darren,

Rich Wallace lives in Cincinnati, about an hour from where I live. We have corresponded, but I have yet to meet him. Smaller world every day, isn't it?

8. Higgins23

Higgins23 Karting

Jul 16, 2004
    Europe
    Does anyone know what the reserve or starting bid price on the 330 America will be ?

9. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    My ears were burning :)

I actually believe mike has 2 330 America's.. He has one that is restored and one he is working on - last time I talked with him...

Actually Darren - there were about 3 people (one of Erik's friends was one) - who contacted me about the car as well... Very good interest...

Darren - I have a beef to pick with you :) You have not posted pictures of you and the car - since you have had it! Common - I am wondering about the big grin on your face while standing next to her.

Also - did you get the Alternator "clip" thing resolved?

By the way - for those who read this thread - Darren, Erik and Wayne - are top of their class on helpfulness, knowledge, and enthusiasm - if you every have questions... All class guys!

PS. Just sold the house in Chicago - Wrigley Ville (2 blocks from Wrigley field - home of the cubs) - and you all just wait - since I sold the house - they will go to the world series - and I will miss out on all the fun..

10. djaffrey

djaffrey Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Rich,

No photos until she registered so you can see her in finest UK plates. Car is being MOT's now and then scheduled for DVLA licencing test (kind of administrative UK thing when you import a car). That will happen in a couple of week so won't be long.

Re the alternator the solenoid was fried but thats now rebuilt (cost not very much) and its in a superb shop callled MotoTechnique in the UK getting soem rewiring work done and a bit of detailing - nything much to speak of. US folks if you are interested take a look at :

http://www.mototechnique.com/index1.htm

When I took my car in there they had :

250 Cab Series 1
    275 GTB
    Miura
    F40

...got serious F-envy !

Rich - fear not when she is plated up I am posting that photo. Want to get it done in time for the Goodwood revival in frts week of Sept.

Darren.

11. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Darren - good to hear...

Actually I have heard of a few shops using Moto (including the one I use in Ohio) - I believe they are doing a lot of header rebuilds as well as Cats... I also think I have seen a few threads as of late talking about them... Sounds like a top notch place!!!

12. CarreraPanamericana

Feb 9, 2004
  13. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Does anyone know if this car sold at the auction and at what price? Kruse's auction results page shows a picture of the car, but with an incorrect caption, so I can't tell if the price belongs to the pictured car or the car described in the caption.

Jack