Hit the road Alexander !!! One man, one Ferrari, 6 gears ! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Hit the road Alexander !!! One man, one Ferrari, 6 gears !

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Yquem, Aug 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Sunday 1st of August...
    noon...
    Now it's time for the real work... a nice long drive to Luxemburg... I pick up my friend and of we go... :D I'M DRIVING! :D

2. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Going over a nice bridge... twice, in a very small town in Luxemburg...
    The car covered about 450km at this point...

3. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Some pitstops... and me... happily driving an F355 Spider... enjoying every second and feeling great! :D

4. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Another nice country road...

Taking a pitstop and pic at the exact same location as 12 months ago... with the castle of Vianden on the background... (see one of my profilepics for the pic of last year ;):))

5. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Descending the beautiful main street of Vianden (Lux) very slowly... and parking the car beside the river to have some dinner...

6. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    The Spider getting thirsty again...
    Some more pics in the wonderful country of Luxemburg...

7. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    And returning to Belgium in the sunset at a nice speed again ;)... Having another pitstop on the E411...

Just before it got darker... we saw a Renault Espace Van, a family with some kids in the back... We all had to slow down 'cause they was some roadwork going on, and we all had to move in one lane... so we got a bit stuck behind them... The kids and their parents loved it to have a Ferrari behind him and one of the kids began taking pics while the others gave us a thumbs up. Really nice! It was getting darker so after a while I popped up the headlights and they loved even more to see that happen! I'ld love to see those pics but when we had multiple lanes again and I drove beside them... they gave me a signal that they would love to see the car accelerating... so... I DID, OF COURSE! :D:D:D After a while I slowed down to the mawimum speed limit and a bit later they caught up with us again... the looks on their faces were great... Another thumbs up... It's great to drive a Ferrari! On the next exit they left the highway and we waved goodbye...
    We continued our way home... the first 26 hours are already passed... but were unforgettable again...
    A third stop at the gasstation brought my gasbill for today up to about 180 euro's :D Life can be beautiful :D At 00.30 I parked the beauty from Maranello in my garage again... I stayed with it untill 1.30 this time... Goodnight sweet Spider... 4,5 hours later, on mondaymorning 6am, we would be on the road again...

More pics will follow later...

8. mac355gts

mac355gts Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    London/Kent U.K
    Full Name:
    Alan
    What a fantastic post !, reminds me as a lucky owner why we have this passion.
    It is all too easy to forget when confronted with speed cameras,rising fuel prices and big bills.
    Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences

9. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Thank you for reading it :D I'm glad you liked it...
    I just tried to express what I feel when I see, hear, ride in or drive a Ferrari.
    Must be great to own such a work of art! One day!

The rest of the story and some more pics have yet to come...

BTW... very nice car you've got there! Congrats! :D

Greets, Alexander

10. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Cool, Sounds and looks like you're having a great time and sharing the fun as much as possible. Good on you!

11. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Thanks Vincent :D Of course it's nothing compared to your Lone Player Run thread. I must say I really enjoyed reading about that trip! Great reading and very nice pics! Amazing story! Of course I love your car too! It looks great!

I have to admit your thread inspired me for writing down my own experiences with "my" temporary F355 this year... :D ;) I "only" covered about 1100km (700miles) with it in three days this year, but for a "non-owner-yet" like me, that's already amazing! Since 1999 I drove this Spider once a year in July or August and it always was great! The total distance I've drove it during the past years is about 4500km (2800miles). The total mileage of this 1996 rental Spider is about 112.000km (70.000miles).

Greets, Alexander

12. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent

Alexander,

Looks like you drive a 355 more than a lot of OWNERS out there. LOL that's awesome and I'm glad you're sharing this with us, I for one enjoy the passion that comes from the driving, though I am guilty of occasionally sitting in the garage enjoying a peek. Ferraris are wonderful and a lot of fun and they make most people smile as you've found out. Hopefully someday you'll be lucky enough to break down in the middle of nowhere and have some wonderful people take you in and make you feel part of the community. LOL again. These cars make for great stories and wide grins.

Now let's see some more pics!!!!

13. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    It are wonderful cars indeed! :D

About the break down... we DID have some problems with the clutch at the end, so the car had to be towed away... Guess that's part of a Ferrari sometimes too :rolleyes::);) However, here in Belgium you won't find many wonderful people then :( When I had to stop the car, I only got a lot of laughs from people driving by... :( I didn't care about it that much, but still... not very nice!

I'm affraid more pics and the rest of the story won't be here untill next monday... :( I probably won't have the time to scan and resize the rest of the pics in the next few days so... Be patient... :);)

14. Dino 208gt4

Dino 208gt4 F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2003
    European Union
    Full Name:
    Roel
    Ofcouse Vincet has won "the post of the month" but I think Alex is a good second !!! Thanx for sharing this nice experience and those wonderfull pics.
    Can't wait till monday for more pics......

Cheers!!!!

15. SpaceBoy

SpaceBoy Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    Lausanne, Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Didier D.
    Goed gedaan mannekes..hehe..would also like to hear those V8's in the konijnepijp in Antwerp..

Didier.

16. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Thanks for the compliments Roel and Didiër... :D

17. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Ok, I had a bit of bad luck the last few days :(...but here I am with some more pics...

Mondaymorning 2nd of August...
    6am...

Time to wake up for a early morning drive... :D

A pic in front of a billboard advertising for the oncoming Formula One GP of Belgium in Francorchamps... by a certain brand of cigarettes...

And Belgium starts to wake up... a lot of traffic, people going to work on the A12 in the direction of Brussels... Sleepy and surprised faces... suddenly waking up when the Spider with open roof comes by... :D
    Funny to see! :D

18. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Taking a break from work on mondayafternoon... :);)
    Taking a few collegeauges for a ride... then park for a few pics before going back to work a bit more...
    Damn', this is a nice car!

19. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Mondayevening... 8pm...
    I'm leaving work early and head to the center of Brussels to meet up with Bert and Joren... The same period of the pics Joren posted in the beginning of this thread... Meeting place... the Royal Palace of King Albert from Belgium in the center of Brussels...
    We talk a bit about the cars... and it's time to drive again! Taking some nice tunnels, letting the F355 sing and making another pitstop at the Africa museum in Tervuren just outside Brussels...

20. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Then heading back to Brussels center for a drink at the Zavel in Brussels...
    We park the cars in front of the terrace and enjoy the warm evening admiring the view and having a talk...

Belgium = beer (Leffe), choclates (Godiva) and enjoying life ;) The Italian touch is contributed by the Ferrari... and the Vespa... :) A nice evening in the capital of Belgium.

Sorry for the bad quality of the pics...

21. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Coming home late at night after a long drive through the night... :D

22. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Theusdaymorning... the last day...
    I'm already in the garage before the sun comes out to admire the car a bit more... :)

23. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    A photoshoot with my cars ;)... the front of the 300.000km Fiat still looking good at that moment...

Exactly 4 days later... after the accident I had on saturday that's a completely different story :( The whole front is damaged now...

24. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    A nice pic in the neighbourhood of my house ;)

25. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Visiting my father in the hospital in the city of Sint-Niklaas... this is the view from outside his room... Search the Ferrari, it's parked there somewhere :)