European Concours d'Elegance 2004 | Page 14 | FerrariChat

European Concours d'Elegance 2004

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Bugattiart, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scuderia CC

Scuderia CC Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    @Tina : Superb drawing Tina, the charm and the grace of a woman associated with the beauty with Ferrari 250 GTO, it is a pretty combination, cheer!

@Carsten : Thank you for all these superb pics, that beautiful cars at the time of this European Concours !!!!

Best regards... CU later.

2. TinaDK

TinaDK F1 World Champ

Jun 23, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Tina Poulsen
    Thanks to all of you for the nice words about my drawing :)
    And noow back to the cars ;) *blushing*

3. Frank B.

Frank B. Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    Steinhagen (Germany)
    Full Name:
    Frank B.
    Hi Tina
    sorry, not right back to the cars.
    I want to say/wright one or two words to your work.
    It`s realy a fantastic work. Black and white, a car and a woman, nice round lines.
    Big or not that`s not the question, the proportion that`s it !!!!

Hi Carsten
    I like the picture of Robin very very much. It was a realy surprise for me to get this. Also in the way you told me you want not to do a copy ( that I have understood realy ).
    I`m realy proud of it, for sure.
    May be some day I tell you to do an original for me.
    To your words to the Concourse:
    You are right in every way, it was an great Event with beautifull cars and a lot kind people we have met in Düsseldorf.
    We, Anja and myself, were only an Saturday at the Concourse,but how great it was for you and Tina to see this beautiful cars arriving that are you showing with your words and pictures.

Hi Wolfgang
    thanks to you
    for the nice Car and thanks for telling me for the meeting in Düsseldorf.
    Because: No F.-car = no F.-chat = no F.-friends
    #thanks so lot#
    Nice day/evening
    see you

Frank B.

4. TinaDK

TinaDK F1 World Champ

Jun 23, 2004
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Tina Poulsen
    Hi Frank :)

Thanks for the kind words about my drawings :) No your'e absolutely right... it's the proportions thats important.... But I think Wolfgang and Carsten was just kidding ( at least I hope so) :D :D

Yes it was a great event in D-Dorf for sure :) I hope there will be lot's of this kind of experiences many times in the future :)

hehe can't wait to go to Modena Days :D

5. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Hello Frank and Anja; :)
    Thanks for your compliments dear friend, you and Anja were part of our weekend, and deserve your part of the honour and credit for the incredible nice weekend we all shared in Düsseldorf!!!
    I'm very happy that you liked my surprise, and it realy makes me smile and makes the work worth every minute! Usually I refuse to do a work like that, but in this case it was something different, since you are now the happy owner of the car that I had already done for Wolfgang with his license plates. Since you brought "Robin" and Anja with you to D-dorf to meet with us, I realy felt like doing the "Special one of a kind print" for you as a surprise!
    I would feel very honoured to do another drawing of your wonderful car sometime in the future.......anytime!!! :)
    I truly hope to meet the both of you again at some future event, and we will keep in touch with you for sure!!!

Best regards and see you both soon....

Your friend

Carsten

6. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Hi Christophe, :)
    Thanks dear friend, I realy hope to meet you in person some day, perhaps at some Bugatti or Ferrari event near France!!! :):):)

CU

Carsten

7. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Hello All, :)

Just a link to Classic-driver.de, and their report from the concours in Düsseldorf !!! We met with Norman Wagner, a true gentleman, from this online Magazine at Wolfgangs hotel on Saturday during the concours!!!!
    Here's the link: http://www.classicdriver.de/de/magazine/3700.asp?id=2385

Best

Carsten

8. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi Carsten,
    thanks for the link!
    Have you seen it??????
    On one of the big pics (4-5 from top) are you and I;)

9. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Thanks Wolfgang, I did not notice until you told me :) ....But yep... that's us taking pics of the 1960....(a good year ;)) 250 GT SWB Competizione!!!

10. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    that's funny! :)

nice link with nice pictures!!

11. Scuderia CC

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Maybe, who knows... wait & see :):)

CU later.

12. Scuderia CC

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
  13. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    @Christophe,
    Yes the Bugatti type 35B belongs to Nick Mason, but I'm affraid not so for the Zagato Monza.... :)

14. Scuderia CC

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    I some share that its Type 35 B was never used in race, I do not have too many details on his history, do you have read information on top?

Best regards.

15. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Information on top???? I'm not sure I follow you on this Christophe.....please explain to me what you mean??? :)

Best regards

Carsten

16. Scuderia CC

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Sorry my english is not good :)

I seek to know if it is true that it never took part in a race, in knowing more about its history in fact!

Best regards.

17. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    You don't need to excuse your English, that's allright!!! Okay, I'm not sure about this, but I know that Mason had this car for some years now, and that the car runs on methanol fuel. Mason uses the car a lot for historic grand prix's like in Monaco! In fact I'm not even sure of the Chassis number on this car! It's a beautiful and 100% perfect and original car that's for sure, but I am affraid I cannot help you on the informations you seek.....sorry for this dear friend! :)

Best regards

Carsten

18. Scuderia CC

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
  19. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    @Christophe,
    Thanks for the nice link Christophe!!! I wish I had been to Goodwood also, but unforunately we can't afford to go to all the shows we like, so we have to choose for the ones to attend, and then save the money for these!!!
    Do you know if the RETROMOBILE is going to be held in Paris in February next year???? I have seen a poster in Düsseldorf saying: RETROMOBILE- Düsseldorf-7-8 July 2005 or something very close to this and it got me confused????

Your friend

Carsten

20. Scuderia CC

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    @Carsten

The next year there will be two Rétromobile, the first in February in Paris like each years and the deuxieème which will be European in July 2005 :

The first living room of old cars and collection, leader in his sector, RETROMOBILE Paris, will celebrate its 30 years in February 2005. For the first time, the living room is Europeanized while settling apart from the territory, in Düsseldorf in July 2005, the exhibition site of Düsseldorf-Stockum. Very many cars of collection come from the whole world will be exposed there.

Representatives of RETROMOBILE SA (subsidiary company of French organizer COMEXPO Paris) and of DÜSSELDORF MASS have just signed a contract of co-operation by which Messe Düsseldorf GMBH becomes the official partner of RETROMOBILE Paris.

Wilhelm Niedergöker, manager of Mass Düsseldorf GMBH, indicated at the time of the signature of the contract in Paris: "RETROMOBILE Paris is one of the most important living rooms of old vehicles and collection in the world. With RETROMOBILE Düsseldorf, we create in our turn a punt forms gravitational for the amateurs of old cars and collection in Germany and in the close countries ".
    Olivier Budin, President of RETROMOBILE SA, noted as for him that this agreement constitutes "a prestigious stage for the international radiation of RETROMOBILE".

The last edition of RETROMOBILE Paris was held from the 13 to February 22, 2004 and joined together nearly 300 exhibitors out of 20 000 m² and more than 100 000 collectors and impassioned.

Moreover fuller information relating to RETROMOBILE Düsseldorf will be communicated in May 2004.

Contacts Presses Comexpo Paris:
    Brigitte Motola-Guillet - 01 49 09 61 28 - [email protected]
    Corinne Isambert-Allard - 01 49 09 61 21 - [email protected]

Contact Presses Düsseldorf Mass:
    Thomas Kötter - 00 49 211 45 60 589 - [email protected]

21. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Thank you so much for this information Christophe :) Now I understand the posters we saw at the European concours in Düsseldorf!!!
    Tina and I have been talking about joining Tina's parents for their trip to Paris in February for the RETROMOBILE! Tina's father is very much into pre-war MG's,(He is the founder of the Danish MG CAR CLUB) and each year they go to the RETROMOBILE and have done so for many years now! This year we could not join them, due to bad health, but we are seriously planning to do so for February 2005! It could be nice if we could arrange to meet you there Christophe!!! I will let you know more when we get closer to the RETROMOBILE and when we know more about our situation!!!
    Thank you very much again Christophe....you're the man :) !!!

Best regards

Your friend

Carsten

22. Scuderia CC

Nov 1, 2003
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    @Carsten

If I am available to this period I would be delighted by being able met you, you and Tina. For the moment it is too early to know if that will be possible, we will see well.

I hope that at the time of European Concours your drawings met a sharp success and that that brings the many ones of orders to you.

Best regards

Christophe

23. stradale88

stradale88 Karting

Apr 5, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Roland
    There's also a book on Mason's racing cars, including the Type 35B. It's called Into The Red and it's written by Nick Mason and Mark Hales. I can recommend this book. It also features a cd with recorded sounds of the cars. It is absolutely amazing. Unfortunately I don't have the book so I can't scan the pages on the 35B for you, but if you ever come across it in a bookstore then, as of now, you're alarmed. I think it's worthwhile to buy it as it describes very clearly what the cars are like to drive.

Cheers,

Roland

EDIT: I do have the cd tracks in MP3 format, so if anyone's interested we might be able to set something up (like file transfer via MSN). Patience is a good thing though, I'm not online on MSN much... ;)

24. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Hi Roland, :)
    Thanks for the info on Mason's book, I will watch out for it when I walk by the bookdealer :)!!!
    I use also MSN, so perhaps we can arrange some transfer someday,.......and I am a VERY patient man, so I think it could work somehow with the mp3 files!!! We'll see!!! :)

Best regards

Carsten

25. Bugattiart

Bugattiart F1 Veteran

Mar 8, 2004
    Denmark/USA/UK
    Full Name:
    Carsten Christiansen
    Hi Christopehe, :)
    Yes, we will see when we get nearer to February! I'll let you know our plans in due time before the RETROMOBILE 2005!!! :)

Yours

Carsten