Name the top three F1 drivers you enjoying watching | FerrariChat

Name the top three F1 drivers you enjoying watching

Discussion in 'F1' started by asianbond, Jun 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Michael Schumacher
    Juan Pablo Montoya
    Takuma Sato

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Alonso
    Montoya
    Fisichella

Although I'm struggling with this answer. Of course I enjoy watching Michael and Rubens. It's just that they're on all the time anyway. Whereas the other drivers you have to pay attention to see them. More of a comment about the lack of imagination on the TV directors than on the drivers.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I like the way Alonso keeps on going no matter WHAT breaks off the car! LOL

4. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    Current Drivers:

Michael Schumacher
    Takuma Sato
    Juan Pablo Montoya

Past Drivers:

Senna
    Giles Villenueve
    Mansell

5. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    Michael Schumacher
    Takuma Sato
    Jenson Button

6. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Michael Schumacher {Wow}
    Zsolt & Christian {I could do so much better! :}

7. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I have to agree but I would add Fernando Allonso also

8. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Alonso
    Sato
    Montoya

You can't pass in the pits and be enjoyable to watch ;)

9. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Alonso, Sato and Montoya also.

But I should add Kimi just for the engine blow-up body language.

10. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Current
    1. Michael Schumacher - The greatest, fasted and talented racing driver in F1 ever!
    2. Rubens Barrichello - A great racer that is only second to the greatest of all time (MS)!
    3. Kimi Raikkonen - The future of F1 is in good hands! I am sure he will be behind the wheel of a Ferrari within 3 or 4 years.

All Time
    1. Michael Schumacher - The greatest, fasted and talented racing driver in F1 ever!
    2. Niki Lauda - The man may have some peronal faults off the race track but on the track he was intelligent and very talented.
    3. Mika Hakkinen - I would have loved to see him driving a Ferrari. A great driver that drove for the wrong teams.

11. asianbond

asianbond Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Forgot to mention, you should include the reasons why:

Michael Schumacher- great driver with intangible talent (left foot braking) and almost never makes mistakes, he wins when he is suppose to, a very cool highly competitive driver

Juan Pablo Montoya-has the raw talent to get the car around the track very fast, not afraid to challenge the establishment on and off the track, I like his underdog spoiler role, it's always fun to root for the underdog in sports, if he ever becomes the champion he will make sure the whole world knows about it, unlike quiet Mike.

Takuma Sato-could be the next possible up and comer, it appears he has the talent to drive a car competitively fast, also like the fact that he's not afraid to challenge the almighty Ferrari boys or any driver for that matter, well worth watching.

12. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Michael Schumacher- If skill was a person he is thee

Mark Webber- Besides being a fellow country-man, he is a dynamic driver who is making the best out of what he has got. He might not finish races too often, but i love seeing him mix it up with the big boys. Watch this space.

Christian Klien- While most of the cars on the grid seem to think that following the black stuff around is the way to race, Christian seems to think otherwise. Someone buy him some off-road tires, that's where he seems to like it most. He is my champ cause he dosnt follow the rules and tries to go off road at the most crucial of times.

13. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    JPM, MW, MS.

14. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    M.Schumacher
    G. Fisichella
    R. Schumacher

15. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Sato - He is always trying hard and working the car.
    Weber - His fight back after the horrible start from 2nd on the grid was great to watch.
    Kimi - Real pace and again car language is full on.
    Button - Fast and tidy driver, who is atleast trying.

Worst to watch:

MS - Currently his car is so good that he is not even trying and thus on rails and boring.
    RB - Always boring (except Silverstone last year ... mechanics must have threatened to bang him or something ;)), never pushes over his limit and thus very unexciting to watch.
    DC - Never achieves thus very frustrating to watch as just when you think he might actually do something he fails ... ;)
    RS - Just drives around ... hasn't made a pass since he was dating his now wife :D.
    Fizi - Lucky to have made it to F1 and now just drives around in circles.
    Frentzen - As above.

Pete's talking about interesting to watch NOT necessarily successful drivers

16. abarre

abarre Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    I miss Mika Hakkinen, Gerhard Berger and Jean Alesi. Not a huge fan of any of the current drivers. I do respect the heck out of Michael Schumacher though...

17. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    Schumi
    Alonso
    Kimi

18. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    M. Schumacher
    F. Alonso
    M. Webber - Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi.

Cheers
    Kevin

19. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Assuming that stands for Fisichella: I never cared much for him, but since he joined Sauber I pay more attention: Peter Sauber had the highest praise for him and was over the moon to have gotten him. At the same time Massa came out of a one year school at Ferrari. So comparing these two is exciting to me. Probably less to Massa who still looks like an idiot whereas Fisico consistently delivers the points.

If you want to quote Lauda, then yes, Fisico is just driving in circles, like everybody else. But he is doing it fast and clean collecting valuable points and leaving his team mate in the dust.

20. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    - How many years has Fisichella been in F1?
    - Other than a couple of fluke wins for Jordan what has he achieved?
    - Yes he is reasonably fast, but he lacks that star quality that lifts him above the drivers that make it to F1 and well that is it.
    - Comparing him to Massa is well flattering to Fisi. You know my views on Massa and all I can say is Massa must have the blindest supporter who just wants to burn money ;)

Pete's opinion

21. zff

zff Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I'm going to miss those fiesty battles between JPM and Kimi when JPM jumps into a McLaren next year.

22. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Fisi seems pretty damn fast to me. Certainly a driver that should be in a top team. He has *never* been outqualified over the course of a season by a teammate.

[The numbers refer to the amount of times the driver outqualified their teammate.]
    96:
    Fisichella - 6
    Lamy - 2
    97:
    Fisichella - 10
    R. Schumacher - 7
    98:
    Fisichella - 9
    Wurz - 7
    99:
    Fisichella - 13
    Wurz - 3
    00:
    Fisichella - 13
    Wurz - 4
    01:
    Fisichella - 13
    Button - 4
    02:
    Fisichella - 12
    Sato - 4
    03:
    Fisichella - 13
    Firman - 1
    04:
    Fisichella - 5
    Massa - 4

This is a very impressive record against drivers who are currently in fast cars (R. Schumacher, Button & Sato). I can't understand why he is languishing around in a Sauber. I'd love to see a Webber and Fisichella team next year (although I do think Webber is faster).

23. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    I think he really wants to drive for Ferrari and he is vocal about it. And since Sauber is a Ferrari... he may think this is either the next best thing or stepping-stone to one of them red ones!

24. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    I suppose, I just don't think it'll happen...

25. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yes it is thus why is he so hopeless in races. I have an answer for this. Many drivers are fast but NOT racers. RB is a driver I would describe like that. Thus they can bang in fast laps like anybody but come to a race they cannot race like the best ... Racing is not just banging in fast laps (although with the stupid refuelling and other lame rules, passing is becoming a lost art), but pushing other drivers, looking for weaknesses in your oponent, looking after your car and maintaining motivation right until the finish.

Fisi, I believe (like RB) goes to sleep and like Irvine waits for the race to come to him ... this ofcourse hardly ever happens and YOU have to work your but off to make the race come to you. MS does this in every race ... he definitely does not just go round and round and round waiting for some miracle to happen and for him to end up in front, he actively looks for the win all the time.

Pete's opinion