1/4 mile Mondial t | FerrariChat

1/4 mile Mondial t

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Michael B, Jun 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hey guys,

I was out with the Mondial t the other morning & tried a run with my G-tech Pro machine.

Here are a few documentation photos:

Notes: 1989 Mondial t 3.4 liter coupe. Smooth soft non-abusive launch (1600 rpm), slow sure shifts - with a short shift into 3rd (6400 rpm), full street equipment, including spouse in passenger seat, 1/3 tank gas.

Also... Just incase: The G-tech machine is accurate when used as directed. I have had the G-tech Pro at the drag strip in several Porsche's and get repeatable results within one tenth of a second & 1-2 MPH of the time slip on every run. Additionally, the horsepower readings report within 5 HP of actual Dyno Jet chassis dyno readings that I have run. So please... Lets not go off on the G-tech machine. Its a nice testing tool for little money - when used correctly.

Oh, one more note. 0-60 = 5.7 seconds - for those who may want to know.

Its not a bad running Mondial t. Sure I could have gotten a little bit more out of it, but this run was just for fun, not for money! I was pretty happy with the time & MPH. (13.9 sec / 107.1 MPH)

2. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Pretty cool.

How much do they cost and where can you get them?

Got a web site?

Robb Williamson

3. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com

See my evaluation here:

http://www.jimmy540i.com/gtech.htm

4. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I like your info Jimmy, and it looks to support the G-tech specs.

A few things I do want everyone to keep in mind without turning this into a "G-tech" thread:

Remember that the G-tech ET will differ slightly (as you note) from the drag strip - THAT IS BECAUSE - The G-tech starts counting the moment that the car starts to move. Whereas the DRAG STRIP starts counting the moment you break the light beam & start the clock (could be that 1/10 of a second or more you note).

Also remember that the G-tech gives ACTUAL MPH at the end of an exact 1/4 mile. The DRAG STRIP gives an AVERAGED speed between two light beams @ the end of a 1/4 mile. That often is the MPH difference you have noted.

It seems that those two simple facts are often forgotten when talk goes to G-tech specs. However, I think your write up shows well for the G-tech.

Again, not wanting to turn this into a G-tech thread. I was just having fun with my Ferrari is all.

BTW - You can find these G-tech machines at www.gtechpro.com. Mine is an old version. The new version is pretty cool.

5. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Very Cool.

I will have to get a G-tech. Thanks for the info and review.

Michael, Is your T stock or have you done anything to its performance? Sounds like a very fast "comfortable" car. Is it a daily driver?

Robb Williamson

6. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Rob,

My Mondial is almost 100% stock, it just has a Borla muffler upgrade. I do drive it often, almost daily. Its pretty comfortable & reasonably quick.

I dont try to think of it as a drag car, but I was happy with the result. It does so many things "right" as it is. Neat car.