Anybody familiar with this 365GTC4 on ebay? | FerrariChat

Anybody familiar with this 365GTC4 on ebay?

Discussion in 'Vintage Ferrari Market' started by jm3, Jun 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
  2. 365boy

365boy Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Brighton, England
    Full Name:
    John Leaman
    Wrong tyres too...

3. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

#3 Bryan, Jun 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The original "mouse fur" dash and console have been refinished in a smooth material, but the description mentions a 'restoration' of some kind, so they are not trying to hide anything.

I do not think the black protective structure that wraps under the steering column is OEM.

Paint looks very good. C4s are known for robust paint.

While there are a number of C4s with wire Borranis, the most common OEM wheel is alloy. However, the Bill Harrah C4 that R&T tested in July 1972 had Borranis. It as also silver.

Quick is relative. OEM C4s will run 0-60 in 7.3 seconds (Road & Track), fast for 1972, but not today. The car will not go to redline in 5th gear. Top speed is about 150.

The choke cable has been removed, but that's not uncommon. I took mine off too.

C4s have been pretty much unchanged in value for the last 8 years. That's not too bad actually, given the depreciation that newer 2+2S suffer.

I would estimate $50kUS.

http://home.earthlink.net/~f365gtc4/365gtc4buyersguide.htm
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I looked at this car a couple of years ago. At the time, the dealer who then was selling it told me (without any real negotiation on my part) that I could have it for $35k. I passed.

PM me for details, if you are interested.

5. EnzoNZ

EnzoNZ F1 Rookie

Nov 9, 2001
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Andrew Wass
    Heritage Classics, Beverly Hills had this in FML in August last year - 62K miles and were asking $58.5k

Regards
    Andrew in NZ

6. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
  7. Old Guy

Old Guy Formula Junior
    Honorary

Dec 1, 2003
    No longer here
    I'm not sure I can add anything useful, but I owned this car in the 1980s. It was originallyl red with black, and had been sold in Palm Beach, Florida. It had been modified with a second air conditioning unit through the rear panel (the "package shelf") to cope with Florida weather. That particular modification was performed on several C4s in Florida, and it worked extremely well.

The engine was totally rebuilt shortly before I bought the car. The owner was obsessive, and much more was done that might ever have been necessary. He bought crates (literally) of mechanical spares, kept with the car. (Those in the Florida area may recall this as the "Osceola Farms car.") I bought it from Steve Barney at Foreign Cars Italia in North Carolina, trading him a 308 GTS. He kept the spares, as they were far, far more than an owner might ever use.

At the time I owned it it had a Becker Mexico radio (probably original) and was a well cared-for car.

I sold 15327 to a friend in California after a couple of years; he drove it a while, and sold it on. I'm glad to see it's still out there, even if suffering a bit from the years.

8. jm3

jm3 F1 Rookie

Oct 3, 2002
    United States
    Full Name:
    JM3
    Information is power, and you guys have really helped me get set up for negotiating.
    Wish me luck,
    Jay

9. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Wax,

What happened to Herman Munster?!?

Art S.