NSX Project | FerrariChat

NSX Project

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by l'esecuzioneItaliana, Jan 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    I have a '91 NSX and I want to drop a Chevy big block with 720HP in it. Anyone want to help with the tedious, most respectively stupid project?

2. Tyson

Tyson Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2003
    Idaho
    What?!!??

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    uh....

umm...

..you will need a pantra drivetrain...

uhh...

go to www.nsxprime.com

bye!

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL...!

Tyson, you got my email last week, right...?

5. Steve Darrah

Steve Darrah Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Midlothian, Virginia
    Full Name:
    Stephen C. Darrah
    Forget the big block.Put your name in it.

6. Tyson

Tyson Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2003
    Idaho
    Yes I did thanks for your help.

7. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    I made a similar engine swap with my F40, best thing I ever did.

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Anything happen...? Were you able to expand off of it...?

9. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    The engine I want to put in it is a few litres bigger. 6.3 litres to be exact. I smell major work to be done.

10. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    You would be the only one on the planet with a NSX with that much NA power.. That is for sure... Good luck..

11. Skelter

Skelter Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    IMHO you would be ruining your NSX, aren't those engines really heavy? you would ruin the balance.

12. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Ya, I would, but I could do something about it...no...no I cant. But **** it, with that much power I wouldnt be able to drive it, it could be a show car. Its so ****ing old anyways, a '91, better than sitting in my garage most of the year.

13. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    How well is a 383 stroker going to fit in a NSX. Im not sur eon there engine bay size.

14. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I would slap on a mugen supercharger & a wide body kit

15. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    someone please tell me that is a photoshop.

8)

Ed

16. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I second what William H just said. :) Comptech Sport (www.comptechusa.com) makes a great package for supercharging the NSX plus a very good looking (IMHO) widebody kit as well. http://shop.innercite.com/comptech/nsx.html It would be MUCH easier to go that route and still retain the great handling characteristics that the NSX is known for. Jackson Racing (www.jacksonracing.com) may also make a supercharger system for the NSX, but I don't see anything on their website about it though. There are a few turbo'd NSX's out there as well & I think Bell Engineering (of Corky Bell fame: www.bellengineering.net) makes or made a twin turbo kit for it and there are a few vids of a black Bell TT'd NSX floating around the net (I think www.racingflix.com has a few).

17. spidr

spidr Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    MarkPDX Wheres the AWD decal?

18. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    i feel this has to be a troll, anyone with half a brian would steer clear of that engine swap. If you wanted to make it believable atleast say a 2 JZe or something much smaller and lighter with a turbo on it

19. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    383 is just a small block with a medium crank. SBC go from 253 all the way to 422.

a big block starts at 427 and goes upwards to 505 CID, and really stupid^^^^wild builders can get to 550 CID.

One thing you are going to have to do is to dry sump the BB just to get the engine low enough that you can see out of the rear of the car.

If you want the transmission to have any life whatsoever, you should look into Hewland and oil coolers.

20. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime
    I'll be more than glad to help :) Im sure you're not in Texas though :(
    All Aluminum Mouse sounds like fun ;)

21. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    l'esecuzioneItaliana,

Is it true your dad owns an Enzo?

22. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Everyone asks me that. Yes, yes it is. Im not kidding. He bought it from an old guy that lives in Montana. The guy put 58 miles on it and then his liscense was taken away because he was too old. He sold it to my dad for a little over a million dollars.

23. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    I want to put a 572cid big block in my NSX. Actully, my NSX has a Comptech supercharger and a carbon fiber airbox. Its getting some O.Z superlaggeras and maybe some cams or whatever. It WONT be getting a prison anus pipe, those are annoying. And as for the wide body, im not sure.

24. Chevarri

Chevarri Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2003
    In a rose bush.
    Full Name:
    J'aime

Im not sure if a 572 would fit with out some MASSIVE mods, a widebody might help to get you there. You could also run into some serious cooling probs as well. You can find ALL ALUMINUM BBCs for 10k plus, those come as a crate engines. Or if you really want to spend some dough. You can buy the EXTREMELY RARE and EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE (for a Chevy) All Alumnium FI ZL-1 454. I belive its 18k dollars. The ZL-1 is probably the most sought after motor right now for Chevy enthusiasts. Its drooltastic. The RAM-Jet 502 might be more towards your liking since its closer to a 572. However its not an all-aluminum motor which keeps the wieght down immensly. The 502 Ram-Jet is an iron block with aluminum heads. What type of tranny do you plan on using an Auto or Manual? If you stick with the NSX auto(actually most transmissions) it will need to be built up in order to handle all that power. Not to mention having a custom bell housing to mat it to as well. Besides actually trying to get it in, you will need a largecooling system.

If you would like learn a little more about it, or just to buy it, you can add it to your cart here.
    http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=159976&prmenbr=361

Heres a pic of said motor
    http://www.jegs.com/photos/80988961499.jpg

OR you can opt for a Ram-Jet 502 motor for 9k

http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=107141&prmenbr=361

25. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    I want to make a car. And start like the second American super car company, succeeded by the Stevemeister, Steve Saleen. And just use my NSX, since it is a '91 and has 100k. But it runs really good. By chance, would anyone have an airtunnel at their house?