Doctor Please | FerrariChat

Doctor Please

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 96impalaSS, Feb 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Allright so i have a bad back. Always have and the Corps just made it worse. Anyways I think i sprained a back muscle again. Happens every once in a while. I've spent most of the day out in the hot tub but theres only so long you can sit in there and i was wondering if anybody had any recomidations for some OTC pain relievers. Besides Motrin, or Aleve, Profin. Those never seam to help at all.

2. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    What you need is an anti-inflamatory, and what you've taken already is the strongest that you are going to find OTC. I would go see a DO, as they are more likely to treat the cause of the pain as opposed to masking it, as many MD's seem to want to do (in my experience anyway). They can recommend some stretching exercises that may help a great deal. Have him give you some things to do at home or prescribe phys therapy. Good luck, I know how bad that hurts.

3. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    thanks for the advice.

4. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I was in a wreck about 2 years ago and it messed up my neck. About once a month I will start having pain for a few days, I usually take vioxx and skelaxin, helps pretty well. The dr. said its not bad enough to have surgery so I'm sorta stuck with this problem now. :(

5. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I use "DAYPRO"........the chemical name which is "oxaprozin"....it's an anti-inflammatory which works wonders on my arthritis in my back.

Talk to your doctor....it's one of the best.

6. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks to all you guys helping me with my problem. I love this Site.

7. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

FYI. This is what hooked Rush Limbaugh.

8. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    isnt that oxycontin, or is that different

9. Bryan

Bryan Formula 3

No, you are right. I just don't know my oxy's from a hole in the ground.

10. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    The Corps screwed with my back, too. Welcome to the club! :)

The best thing to do is proper stretching. Every day. Take some Yoga lessons and then do the Yoga excercises each morning.

Also, if you lie on your back, with your arms and legs together, and totally relax, it helps to relax strained back muscles.

Now, stretching isn't nearly as fun as drugs, but drugs are a total quick fix and while they make you feel better when they are in your blood, the pain comes right back afterwards. Stretching now, and every morning, will help you in the long run.

Trust me - I was on Tylenol 3, Vicodin, Percodan, Percoset, Morphine, etc etc. It all makes you feel great, but the pain comes right back.

11. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    You need an inversion table from the back store.

12. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Being a Hardwood flooring installer/sander my back acts up all the time as well. I get my wife to message my back :) No, really she does and I also put Aspercream on it. It is a topical Aspren which helps. But I've got to agree with everyone else here, stretching does wonders.