FORMULA 1 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX...2021...RACE...... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄ | Page 19 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX...2021...RACE...... ▄▀▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by jgonzalesm6, Jun 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Ever been part time of a team? If you see it that way, an attempt at an explanation would not be worth my time.

However, it’s despicable in that the person who made him breakfast that morning is revered less than a celebrity who had nothing to do with his win. Your hero decided to share the champagne because he obviously determined he values the worth of perceived stardom more than that of team members who contributed to his victory.

I’m more than somewhat embarrassed your infatuation required me to provide you with an explanation.

So be it. I guess that separates true F1 fans from those who so desperately want to be.

kes7u, fil, furoni and 3 others like this.
  2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Save the poetic speech man, nobody cares about Hamilton's actions that day but you. As you see I didn't even know what the fuss was all about. If you think that Hamilton thanks Bieber more than his team, then that says more about you.

fer312t likes this.
  3. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    For me the class of the day was Perez...he was very happy with his win...at the same time acknowledging that the gods of fate helped him get there, acknowledging that it should have been Max except for the tire failure. And I think if Hamilton hadn't blown the first turn, he would probably have kept the lead and won. Perez drove a great race...delivering everything the team asked of him, and then some. I was starting to doubt him, but he was perfect today.

stavura, Nortonious, Picchu88 and 3 others like this.
  4. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Did Lewis berate his team on the radio in Monaco when he thought they made a mistake, and time after time before that?

Did Lewis' team berate him on the radio today when he obviously made a very embarrassing mistake?

The man has no character. He's not a good human being.

Jakuzzi, kes7u, fil and 3 others like this.
  5. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Actions speak louder than words. Check the photo again, says everything really. I don’t want to tarnish your Hamilton memorabilia but YOU asked for an explanation ;).

fil, jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Right, that’s why I joked it was Perez’s fault but two things don’t pass the smell test:

1/ the brakes were already smoking profusely on the grid

2/ if the switch can be accidentally tripped by executing a move to avoid Perez, this would be happening all race long and the team would have relocated the switch

Isobel, fil, jgonzalesm6 and 2 others like this.
  7. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Ok, let's have some fun. Put your money where your mouth is and provide proof of how many times Hamilton shared champagne with Bieber vs his team. And how many times Hamilton thanked Bieber vs his team.

8. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah he questioned his team on the radio . I think he should have said more, he didn't say enough. I would have no problem if the team did the same to Hamilton today, I think they should have.

9. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #459 Mark(study), Jun 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
    Okay back to racing, with two road courses done, and proving they favor Red Bull how many more tracks favor the Red Bull vs MB in the next few months? What tracks favor Ferrari’s strengths?

Are we headed back to fast tracks and boring races with MB out front?

10. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I would LOVE to see the chart of that! lol

Lol. Please provide proof of their ineptness.

Lance didn't pit yet.

Uhhh... >

:rolleyes:

The whole team doesn't even have 50 points yet!

Right?
    :p

Brake Magic basically alters Brake Balance and Hybrid Regen so as to quickly recharge the battery fully and manage brake temps.

+1 I don't buy it that this switch gets knocked by accident. Lets take a look at the wheels here: Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    The Brake Magic Switch is almost certainly one of the 2 black push buttons on the back of the wheel. There is no chance, none, that these get his by accident at any point (like you said, we'd see this happen a bit more often!). The other paddles on the back are obviously shifters and 2 clutch paddles.

The brake magic switch may be used in conjunction with the Strat mode rotary, which would make an ''accidental knock'' even more unlikely. Take into account that Mercedes has been using the same layout for the steering wheel since 2014 with very minor changes only! And this is the first time it happened? ********.

What happened here is that Lewis forgot to toggle the switch off, overheated his brakes, and got cuddled by the team for his mistake. Compare that to Bottas stopping on his markers and getting publicly blamed by his team for the wheel nut stripping off. Lol.

fil, stavura, Isobel and 12 others like this.
  12. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Power tracks....it's either or with MB and RedBull.

Tracks like Monaco, Singapore(Cancelled this year) COULD favor Ferrari where horsepower doesn't rule but downforce does.

Mark(study) and ingegnere like this.
  13. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Mercedes could make the switch with a protective latch cover so it doesn't get accidentally switched....like on a fighter jet stick for missiles.

fil and ingegnere like this.
  15. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    No buttons on that wheel are put in such a way that they'll get pushed accidentally. That's why we never see it happen...

Isobel, ebobh15, stavura and 6 others like this.
  16. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    Stroll was ahead because he never stopped

500tr, fil, stavura and 6 others like this.
  17. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    A Master Class, Bas. Thank you.

Jakuzzi, Isobel, Nortonious and 3 others like this.
  18. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  19. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Someone here is just upset that his least favourite F1 driver almost won the race.

It must suck going through life with so much hate.

Jakuzzi, 500tr, fer312t and 3 others like this.
  20. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Shades of self-righteousness.

Isobel and william like this.
  21. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    This section of fchat really reminds me of elementary school boys. Sad but I see why people leave here.

On a side note hamilton didn't need to win. 2nd would do great in this spot but he went for it. If that was leclerc some of you would be rubbing his ankles.

Happy for this new podium but that Max blowout took out the real winner. Ah well thats racing!

william, Patrick Dixon and Senna1994 like this.
  22. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Nope he hates him and his opinion is all that matters. That is how it works!!!

Him and that other trademark member...forgot his name.

william likes this.
  23. 32 Ford

32 Ford Karting

Jan 31, 2021
    vancouver
    Full Name:
    Mike McGowan
    First and only time I will have read F1 thread. quite disappointing .Was looking for some interesting conversation about racing.

fer312t likes this.
  24. Giallo 550

Giallo 550 Formula 3

May 25, 2019
    NY
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yeah, not trying to be snarky. I didn't know it was Bieber until William said it.

ebobh15 and Isobel like this.
  25. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    No no we are to caught up in who we don't like personally and therefore they are useless humans.

Sorry!

In all seriousness if you can ignore the childish behavior it has some good stuff.

william likes this.