For Sale - Ferrari FF CONVERTIBLE | Page 3 | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

This is a great idea for the FF, it looks fabulous. They should chop the tops off of all of them.

2. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    What? Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    Yes. Exactly...At this point you may as well be advertising this as well.

"UNIQUE ONE OFF FERRARI CONCEPT FOR SALE!!!!"

Image Unavailable, Please Login

armedferret likes this.
  4. Boots

Boots Formula 3

Jan 17, 2020
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jake
    So your customer wants to recover the lost money spent in engineering this project, by buying a Lusso (which is more significantly more expensive than an FF) and converting it? In an attempt to make money back? Sounds to me like the losses should simply be cut instead of doubling down. Don't get me wrong - I'm all for custom projects, but I think anyone who's had any experience in fabrication, metal work, paint, etc...knows that these projects lose money 99% of the time unless you own the shop. Just my two cents.

5. MarinoPerformanceMotors

BANNED

Apr 22, 2021
    West Palm Beach Florida
    Full Name:
    Marino Performance Motors
    Spread the cost of engineering across about a half dozen cars. He and the owner of the factory are going to keep one each for themselves and hope to sell a limited amount of cars above that to recover what they can.

6. mxstav@comcast.net

Nov 24, 2005
    Green Oaks, IL
    Full Name:
    Mark Stavropoulos
    I have purchased a car from Marino Motors. In 2012 I bought a TDF blue 360 Spider. I did it totally remotely, and had the car shipped to Chicago. Everything was completely above board and I had zero issues with the car. The cover was not with the car when it arrived, so they found a another spider cover and shipped it to me on their dime. Granted the cost of the cover is insignificant with respect to the cost of the vehicle. However, I am in Chicago, they are in FL and easily could have blown me off. They didn't. Marino Motors is top notch in my book.

7. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    All I can say is this has become an interesting thread. Oh, and cutting that back roof off of an FF sure as heck can't hurt the looks!! I look forward to seeing the final product.

8. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    THIS does NOT get deleted/blocked by the moderators?! YET, I have made simple comments in some sale threads, and those have been deleted? Where is the consistency????
    Please screengrab this, as I assume THIS will also be deleted. :) ;)

100% Correct!

9. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Again, THIS does not get deleted?

10. john a barnes

john a barnes Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2018
    muskego wi
    Full Name:
    John a Barnes
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Agreed- it’s one thing to criticize but to bully and attack is another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    FChatters, just an FYI that I bought my F430 Spider from Jeff at Marino Perf Motors last year and they were nothing but a joy to work with. 43 cars I've bought in the last 20 years and they were by far the easiest to do business with. I would buy another from them in a heartbeat (in fact, would you please get a damn FF in stock that's not white and not a $300k convertible???).. :cool:

13. MarinoPerformanceMotors

BANNED

Apr 22, 2021
    West Palm Beach Florida
    Full Name:
    Marino Performance Motors
    We have a new ad now because we just received new actual pics of the car. Starting a fresh new post. Will no longer update this thread

harrisonwebb likes this.
  14. davidrosenbloom

Feb 6, 2023
    Full Name:
    david rosenbloom
    dude, there is no top at all. It comes with a tarp.

15. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    That's interesting for sure!

16. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    Would be interesting to know how much weight was added in structural support to compensate for the roof being removed. Had to have lost a significant amount of structure rigidity.

17. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Don’t think the car ever happened. It was a concept and they were selling future cars to be built. OP is banned now and not sure they ever delivered a completed car.

18. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #68 msdesignltd, Feb 14, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
    Just an addendum...I am not taking anyone's side..Just my thoughts.

Unless this car has extensive A pillar reinforcement..including but not limited to removing the current A pillars and replacincing with what would become the only rollover protection available....I would say stay clear.
    Just look at the angle and legnth of the windshield pillar...Crazy to think it could even support its own weight.
    A coupe that is not designed to have its roof removed is Unsafe at any speed with the top cut off.
    In the case of a longer wheelbase car..I would have rear hydraulic extendable roll hoops as well.
    Otherwise its just a Blvd cruiser.

Ask Me how I know?

Image Unavailable, Please Login