Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    I think a lack of competitiveness is much, much worse for the series than all the doom scenarios of loss of V-whatever engines. If F1 wants to survive as a sport, it needs to restore competitiveness. A budget cap is imo an absolute necessity to achieve that, especially since there are more and more races added to the calendar every year.

2. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Boomhauer likes this.
  3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    sammysaber, stavura, furoni and 6 others like this.
  4. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    The haters don't get tired, neither will I ! Lol

Terra, fer312t, william and 1 other person like this.
  5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Hahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sammysaber, Bas and jpalmito like this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Guess Riciardio thinks it’s the car too;)

7. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Richest Athlete in the world with the best doctors and health advisors around him and he still got Covid 19

FAIL.

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Right?

Seems most of the debate about Lewlew these days is whether he's as good as Schumacher/Senna or not, and all others he gets compared to either are or have been compared to Schumacher/Senna. It's a big stretch to imply people here think he's far worse than that.

All (most) are saying here is that the car certainly helped in him achieving what he has, but that many others given the same car advantage for such a long period of time will likely have racked up just as many championships. Russell showed what can be done with that car, a car he didn't even fit in.

The other part of the debate is whether Lewis is a complete and utter...biological female lady part, and I've yet to see any evidence to the contrary.

Steve355F1 and sammysaber like this.
  9. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Mighty classy of you.

10. WTF does that mean? Ponderous.

Edit: 'Sorry Terra, I hadn't gotten to your post yet. That is my intimation, precisely.

surfwolf likes this.
  11. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Bottom line is, crapilton is a very good driver, but very far from a genius behind the wheel, the way he was so easily beaten by several team mates tells the story. He is far less talented than Mika hakkinen, and Mika got 2 world championships fighting the very best. He will be remenbered by most (except his die hard fanboys) as a talented driver who lucked into an unbeatable car for almost a decade...that's all...and it's already more than he deserves...

Steve355F1, sammysaber, fil and 2 others like this.
  12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Though I do think he's very good, I don't think he's as good as say Alonso, Schumacher, Senna et all. Verstappen doesn't have any titles yet but I also reckon he's the better driver. Will he make more mistakes in his (first) title challenge? Maybe, but that stands to reason. Lewis with similar F1 experience at the time made plenty mistakes...and he already had a title.

I think in the current field there are several drivers who would've won Hamilton's titles as convincingly as Lewis won them.

Steve355F1, sammysaber and fil like this.
  13. RobertJRB

RobertJRB Karting

Feb 8, 2012
    Would you be really honest about a direct colleague when asked in an interview or would you be political correct and polite?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met FerrariChat

14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

Don’t waste your time, our friend ktu is absolutely tireless on the subject lewis..:)

15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Wait, so when a direct colleague of Schumacher said Schumi was one of the best, you think they were being political correct and polite?

16. Natkingcolebasket69

That’s wrong though because he beat more teammates than he lost to them. That’s the truth though.
    I love Mika but he was a joke in the wet, Hamilton is actually decent in the wet. Again not a fan of Hamilton but why the hate? U know he beat button overall, beat rosberg overall, beat Bottas and kovalainen, tied Alonso... I mean I’m not making it up lol

ktu, Boomhauer and Terra like this.
  17. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    It is also harder to catch up because you don't have the funds to do development.

So, we really don't know which way the cookie will crumble.

18. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Would you be able to accept other opinions exist or would they actually mean to say you're right and they are just being politically correct stating the opposite :)?

ktu, RobertJRB and lorenzobandini like this.
  19. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    #194 Flavio_C, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2021
    Waiting the dictators to ban you :p

20. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I think you should inform yourself, URGENTLY.

21. And so are those that oppose. So exactly what is the point of that statement?
    (Actually, you confirm my point in your statement: "Don’t waste your time,......." ;)

ktu likes this.
  22. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

It confirms the fact that I am right and the others are wrong. Just out of curiosity, are you a psychoanalyst?;)

lorenzobandini likes this.
  23. #198 lorenzobandini, Apr 15, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    Not generally, and not in this case. I was jes' curious if you were implying that it was just Ktu. I know the "Lewis is an Idiot" thread (or whatever it is/was) is rather long winded by anti-Hamilton folks.....

No psychoanalyzing here either (just observation), but, I find good portions of anti-[insert name] on these boards rather immature coming from what I'm presuming are above 13 year olds. The drivers are all Super Licensed, and however they got to F1, they got there, so I respect each and every one. 'May not like this or that, but 'still have respect. ;)

ktu and william like this.
  24. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    @Flavio_C, my patience with you hurling insults at the moderators is at an end. 3 month ban. Next time might be permanent.

Regards,
    Andrew.

25. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Several P&R posts have been deleted. Please let's keep it on F1, gents.

All the best,
    Andrew.