Hamilton deserves more respect | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Yeah when you have more races, its possible to have a winner sooner before the remaining ones. But that's neither here nor there.

2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    But if the level of competition is greater that is unexpected !!

3. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    It has happened in the past also, with more races a top driver will add on more points, increesing the points gap.

4. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Mercedes certainly.

Hamilton just got the rub of the green. Bottas for 5 seasons keeps that going

5. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Maybe his hyprocrisy of saying that, then having no problem racing in Saudi Arabia with nary a word to say. /shrug

If he was *REALLY* about human rights and what-not, he'd tell SA to stuff it and give up the paycheck, protest the race, etc. Use his so-called platform to bring real atrocities to light.

But of course he doesn't, because he knows it would be career suicide and he needs that limelight.

jcurry and Bas like this.
  6. AshmanE

AshmanE Rookie

Mar 30, 2014
    St. Louis, MO, USA
    Full Name:
    Ashley E.
    Straight up honest, I often wonder if Hamilton would be considered that great if he was driving for Williams. I have to admit I don't know a lot about his pre-
    F1 performance and I don't think I've never seen how he works in a truly bad car, but my suspicions are that he'd be considered "really good" but probably not "great".

In my opinion, the real "great" drivers are the ones who manage to consistently turn in above average performances in below average equipment.

Everyone concentrates on the drivers, but F1 is a team sport. The driver doesn't win driver's championships without the team and the team doesn't win team championships without the drivers. You could be the world's best driver, but if you're driving for an underfunded team you aren't likely to win much. Likewise, you can certainly be less than "the world's best driver", and if you're driving for the world's best team, you're going to win more than most.

7. Borrow’d Mine

Borrow’d Mine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2019
    Florida
    All good points Spirot. Can’t disagree and not a LH hater. I just believe there are others who are equal in equal equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

That’s fair but not that many!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. By jove, I think you've gawt'it!!!

A good grasp on what the sport of F1 is, and should be.

Not some "show", orchestrated for the benefit of sponsors, and "entertainment" of supposed auto racing fans.

10. Natkingcolebasket69

cairns, ktu, Boomhauer and 1 other person like this.
  11. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

If Verstappen starts winning regularly, and Red Bull dominates for few years, many will be hating them.

cairns, ktu, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  12. Natkingcolebasket69

Yes but based on what I understood from some of ur post u believe that regulation will be such that such domination like the one of Mercedes won’t exist anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yes, I believe that. The budget cap will limit development. It will be more difficult for a team to stay ahead for a long period.
    Time will tell, as some teams are probably better at spending their resources than others.
    To be honest, I wonder how the budget cap will be enforced.

In the case of Red Bull and Vestappen, we have a team with very good engineering, and a very fast driver. That tandem must be considered favourite for 2021, at least.

14. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    The difficulty in policing " F! budget caps" is immense.

For the creative amongst them, there are lots of different series of racing cars supported or owned by a top F! team (s) so the ability to use R&D from these lesser teams is equally immense and beyond the cap.

eq Formulae E cars and the current Mercedes involvement, even Toto is turning up at the events - its so obvious!

william likes this.
  15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    The 10 F1 teams have headquarters, or workshop facilities located in different countries (USA, Britain, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, France, etc ...).
    That means different currencies, tax systems, labour costs, and energy prices to consider.
    Watching how the FIA is going to make sure no team goes over budget will be interesting.

16. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The budget is the budget. You make it work no matter where you are in the world.

17. william and TonyL are discussing policing the cap, not how to make the budget work.

All those factors plus make it much more difficult to enforce than if all teams operated out of the same nation. ;)

cairns and william like this.
  18. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    +1 All ingredients that have to go into the pot, my point is that the more forward thinking teams like Mercedes who are involved in lots of different series can benefit from R&D collectively yet still be under the F! cap.

cairns, william and 375+ like this.
  19. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    But, wouldn't it be more likely that F1 technology would benefit the other efforts, rather than advanced technology going up to F1?

20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

The budget cap ruling will open the door to yet another pandora box, IMO.
    Be prepared for some "creative" accounting here and there ...
    That should be entertaining to watch.

cairns and 375+ like this.
  21. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Verstappen is not WDC material. You've stated that many times.

Are you now changing your tune ?

stavura, Bas, fil and 1 other person like this.
  22. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

+1

Mercedes Trucks division has been very useful for its Turbo development

23. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

That statement will make Max look even better when he beats Lewis

:D

stavura, Bas and jpalmito like this.
  24. Alas, if Lewis retires after this season, MV won't have the opportunity, eh? Oh well...... :oops:

25. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Could be - but in my opinion the technology will go upwards as Formulae E is morphed into F!, what you see today is a gradual erosion of F1 as we know it. Those that can master the aerodynamics of Form. E cars will prove the most successful over the next 10+ years. Mercedes have a clear lead and incentive to bypass budget caps so the technology will flow from lesser series to F1.
    Best
    Tony