360 climate control internals! | FerrariChat

360 climate control internals!

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by DDAVE, Apr 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DDAVE

DDAVE Rookie

Jun 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    David Vincec
    Hi all,

Lost climate control..

Dismantled unit to find that the 'stop' button has disintegrated internally. (See right switch, vs left - which is dirty but I think still works!

Now.. my question is - short of reconstruction (which I don't think I can do) or replacing (which I doubt I can do as I suspect these switches are not readily available) - how do I hard wire the switch to be 'not stopped'

I'm guessing that its either connection of all 3 circuits, or disconnection of all 3 - as I think that's what the switch does?

Many thanks for thoughts!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Try contacting StickyRx or one of the other de-stickying companies. They may have some spare buttons, although the problem may be with female, not the male part of the switch.

You may be able to follow the circuit board traces to see how it's wired up. The third contact may simply be for the light.

I know on the F355, the operation of the STOP button varies. Can you recall when the STOP light illuminates (pushed or unpushed). Is button down "system off"?

For comparison, here's a photo of the 355 circuit board:

https://www.dropbox.com/t/LmBdGDRRlqdB5cQa

3. DDAVE

DDAVE Rookie

Jun 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    David Vincec
    Hi,

Yes, I think button down is system off.

I've just managed to break the female component on the other switch when putting it back together- i reassembled with the other one, so now I'm after a whole switch! :s

In the interim- im guessing that if I bridge 1-3 that the system will work?

From what I can tell, the switch provides continuity on 1-3 when up, continuity across all 3 pins when down ?

(Its just occurred to me that I should test that with a multimeter on the good switch. I don't do things with electronics often!)

Qavion likes this.
  4. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #4 Qavion, Apr 8, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    It looks like power goes to the middle pin on the board....

EDIT: With the switch down, does the button force the middle contact of the switch to one side (away from the middle pin on the board)

As you say, easy to check with a multimeter.

5. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    If you can find a model code on the switch, you may be able to find it by itself. Virtually nothing electrical on a Ferrari is built exclusively for Ferrari.

6. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I have a bag full of stuff like that laying around here

Qavion likes this.
  7. DDAVE

DDAVE Rookie

Jun 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    David Vincec
    I might have broken the complete switch when I put it back together... but when it was up it had no continuity- when down it had continuity on 1 and 3 only.

These are the switch part numbers, but I couldn't come across them easily on the net!

Thanks for your thoughts!

8. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Sorry, no idea what is correct, especially if there are variations between cars. Although your photos are quite clear, I can't make sense of them. By the way, I've seen the same logo printed on other Ferrari parts before, but haven't been able to confirm the manufacturer.

Anyway, at least you have one offer of spare parts (see post #7).

9. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I have searched high and low and cannot find those new switches anywhere. Whatever out there used is all there is

10. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Here is the switch logo on another Ferrari part (F355 Hazard/Turn module) . Is/was SDC an Italian manufacturer?

EastMemphis likes this.
  11. EastMemphis

EastMemphis Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 25, 2019
    Memphis, TN
    Full Name:
    John
    DDAVE likes this.
  12. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Different button shape, but perhaps the internals are the same. But Robbie (SNM) said that he can't find any (new ones).

13. DDAVE

DDAVE Rookie

Jun 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    David Vincec
    Nevermind.. its probably a sacrilegious deed - but I've just clean swapped my f360 for an oddball pair- an Aston Martin db9 and an Audi R8.

I told him about the switch, I think he was going to send the unit off to a circuit refurb business hoping they might be able to find a suitable substitute component in thier parts bin.

Qavion likes this.