Help Identifying Car | FerrariChat

Help Identifying Car

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by spicedriver, Apr 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
  2. sca037

sca037 Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2009
    Northville, MI
    Full Name:
    Brian
    If that picture isn't stretched, the car seems too long to be a Civic.

Maybe one of the 1990's Chrysler "LH" Platform variants (LHS/Concorde), Dodge Intrepid or Eagle Vision???

Eagle Vision;
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    The car looks to have been lowered, which would make it look longer. The Civic has rather unique headlights (96 -2000) that angle down on the sides. Most cars' headlights angle up on the sides. And the logo in front looks more like an "H". I think it's this one. Similar color as well.

VAF84 likes this.
  4. CSX55

CSX55 Rookie

Mar 30, 2021
    Tucson, AZ
    Agree 100% on this. The stretched look in the photos is likely due to the car being in motion at the time the photograph was taken. The headlights are a dead give-away, the C-pillar matches up as well.

5. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Thanks for chiming in. The car was stationary at the time of the screen grab. But it was from a security video camera high up at some distance, that has been electronically zoomed in. The pic does look stretched for some reason. Probably some idiosyncrasy of the camera design.

Here is a comparison of an unmolested Civic LX to the burglar car which looks to be lowered, and has aftermarket tint.

6. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Definitely a Honda Civic.

7. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    What did he do?

8. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    The latest craze - stealing cats. They use a sawzall, and have it off in 2 minutes. There must have been 100 cats stolen from this area recently. I startled the guy so I didn't lose mine, but that's exactly what he was going to do.

9. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Oh man would have been nice to grab him.

10. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    Yeah. Our brilliant leaders have decided it's best to let the criminals out of prison, so they don't catch the COVID. It would be nice to grab them too.