F8 Limited Run | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F8 Limited Run

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Chizz, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    This scarcity is clearly a US issue, plenty of F8 coupe and spider used in UK. Coupe well under list, spider slightly. Ditto 812 GTS very sticky at dealers. UK is a large F market as you know, 4th largest in the world. Market generally is strong for second hand super cars.

Chizz and GT2goneF like this.
  2. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I don't think they are having problems selling this model. I think it is quite the opposite. The demand is high and COVID has nailed their streamlined assembly line. Not sure why inventory is high on preowned. Maye people want their own spec, don't like what is available or don't want to pay more for a preowned. Who knows.

3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Easy: because market price has not decreased enough to meet market demand!

I've posted this elsewhere, but our sales crew here has not gotten the same two year limitation on production. They think it will be a longer run than '20 to '22. Order books are open.

4. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I do not see Maranello putting out both, the V6 Turbo Toaster and the F8, at the same time. It just does not make sense.

ryalex likes this.
  5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Well they will be . They will still be making F8's well at least the spider well into the introduction of the LB

6. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Well they nuked the 812 by revealing both the GTS and SF90 way early, so stranger things have happened. Lusso V12 production didn't even make it until the Purosangue launch. Romas are just hitting showrooms, but feel like they have been out a long time.

Frankly for every really exciting model Ferrari has coming, there are two that are already yesterday's news. There are too many exotic cars these days, and social media and YouTube have made exotic cars *feel* so common that it becomes this conveyor belt dumping more and more cars on us. By passing on the GTS I may have gotten myself off of the exclusive model customer track for a few years.

They told me a few weeks ago the new V6TT is supposed to be at a 'more affordable' price point, we shall see if they can really keep it at or around $200k.

Chizz, jm2, rossodino and 1 other person like this.
  7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I am with you on that!!! On all...

ryalex likes this.
  8. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Wait... no way... That I do not believe. With all the technology and time invested and they will put it at the same price tag as the Roma... Not so sure about that. That sounds to me as the Porsche Taycan competitive price tag against Tesla. When the Taycan came out, it was several tens of thousands more than the Tesla.

Chizz likes this.
  9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    The Roma is the affordable Ferrari now. The LB will be between the Pista and F8 pricing.

Chizz and Senna1994 like this.
  10. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    #60 ryalex, Apr 5, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    More for a V6TT than a V8TT?! Ugh...

I already have the Alfa V6TT and it is a fun, torquey setup but the sound is meh. F8 sound also didn't scratch my itch.

I'm stuck... I like sound. And if I was cooler with muffled turbo sound I would probably be looking for a 720S/765LT!

Can't they get an F8 to sound like an F40?!

11. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Yep....... The Roma and Portofino M will also become V6 TT with electric. Next models. The Portofino M was forced on the Portofino same way as the F8 was to the 488 GTB.

The SF90 IMO is the real successor to the F8. and pushed up the price by a lot. In doing that they introduce the V6 TT electric as a new category.

I get the sound thing buy hey I love my sound on the stock exhaust of my 488 GTB.

GT2goneF, AD211 and Senna1994 like this.
  12. SJU

SJU Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Sal J
    F8 orders very easy to obtain in the USA for the past several months. There is a concerted push to drive up demand (i.e. the F8 demo drive events crossing US stores)

ryalex likes this.
  13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    From both a price, performance and production number standpoint, the SF90 cannot be considered the F8 successor. The gap is simply too big and it is not even the same platform. The SF90 is even placed higher on the ladder than the V12, which used to be the top model.

The LB V6 will be priced in the F8 range and performance will be in the same ballpark.

Those who buy the F8 successor will have to get used to the idea that they are no lo ger in the V8 camp.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

GT2goneF likes this.
  14. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    And that’s where they have lost me. I’m not paying $400,000 and up for a V6 that’s why I don’t like the Ford GT. Gorgeous car but stupid engine.

GT2goneF likes this.
  15. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    This to me implies that the F8's and Spiders will retain a hefty resale price-eventually.

Drson, Chizz and Il Co-Pilota like this.
  16. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Was easy here also but not many if any spots left to get one. Our dealer was smart . Because their allocated numbers were reduced they used several spots as their own cars and pull on massive amounts of extras................... Now its a want one guess what you have over 200 K extras to pay for also.

17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

IIRC the early F40's didn't even have catalytic converters .

GT2goneF and ryalex like this.
  18. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    maybe on a 25 year curve. the base 488 will end up as the stepchild of the line. The Speciale/Aperta will be the most desired over time.

GT2goneF likes this.
  19. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    One thing 100% certain is that if you want a V8 TT without any electrics the F8 is the very LAST opportunity and then its see you latter. NEVER to be seen again. A part of Ferrari history.

I have never bought or will ever buy a second hand car.

xBox and GT2goneF like this.
  20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Roma is the "affordable", the V6 Turbo Toaster the "mid range"? and F8 the upper range of rear mid engine (or now vs for good).

21. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    You can. Just get an updated exhaust.

ryalex likes this.
  22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    As long as you are willing to wait.

23. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I agree with you.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  24. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Yeah. Beautiful indeed. So underpowered and then they put ECOBoost on the engine cover, big enough that you can't miss it. Embarrassing!

I am with you. I am keeping my F8. Can't go to V6 just as much as I can't do EV.

Drson and Chizz like this.
  25. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    I think so too.