What is Phoenix Like? | FerrariChat

What is Phoenix Like?

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by 3POINT8, Mar 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    Hi - we are thinking of going to Phoenix for a week next month. What's it like there as far as restrictions? Do you have to wear masks in public or just inside? Is it enforced? Are most things open? I've read all the requirements but I was wondering what it's like there from someone who is there?

2. TomAZ

TomAZ Karting

Jun 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Thomas Ellis
    Totally open inside and out. Masks required inside but definitely slack compared to other states. Restaurants back to full capacity and pretty much business as usual!

Come on down

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

VAF84 likes this.
  3. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    awesome thanks!

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I'm visiting my family in a few weeks after my sister gets her 2nd shot. This is really good to know!

5. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Great question and great answer! We're planning some vacation time this summer and trying to find the least restricted areas to go. Scottsdale and surrounding areas was one on the list.

Hard to know where to go because everyone has the "written rules" posted online and in the news, but can't tell where the people don't really follow them. I can tell you things are pretty lax in the southwest Louisiana area including Baton Rouge (IDK about NOLA though).

6. TomAZ

TomAZ Karting

Jun 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Thomas Ellis
    My son just got back from the gym and he said no mask required. It’s now optional and up to the business if they enforce or not!

Hallelujah

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

7. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Going into a restaurant you basically wear it to your table and take it off. Everything’s open and pretty busy.

8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Do they have fewer tables?

9. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
  10. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    They were doing that, but I think that’s all over with. Our mask order just expired as well, so it’s up to the business wether or not they require them.

11. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I’d recommend making reservations for everything. Everything is busy from restaurants to Top Golf. At least in Scottsdale...

VAF84 likes this.
  12. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    Thanks again

13. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Someone needs to go down to Bourbon Street and give us a report. :)

14. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    I just got back from PHX/Scotts. I only saw masks on employees of stores and restaurants, for the most part people were 50/50 on wearing masks.

15. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    Great thanks

16. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    The Gov eliminated all mask mandates and other covid restrictions by local governments (except in gov buildings) on March 25.

So mask rules, etc are up to the business now, in their sole discretion.

We are going to Scottsdale for 3 weeks later this month. Looking forward to getting back to many of my fav restaurants.

17. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Yea the Virus doesn’t do so well past 125 degrees.

the only place I’ve seen where the rocks burn

bring water.

TestShoot likes this.
  18. Extreme1

Extreme1 Formula 3

Jun 27, 2017
    Santa Clarita, CA
    If you get to Scottsdale, go see the Harley Davidson dealership. It’s three stories, the bikes and clothes are on the main floor, a movie theater on the bottom floor and a wedding chapel, tattoo parlor and arcade upstairs. It’s spectacular.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    That just sounds gross

20. CSX55

CSX55 Rookie

Mar 30, 2021
    Tucson, AZ
    Hopefully I'm not too late on this - but out of curiosity, why limit yourself to Phoenix? There are some interesting things to do there but it's still just a glorified concrete island in the middle of the desert. If you want to see some of the more unique (and largely outdoor) aspects of AZ, that are all within half a day's driving distance of Phoenix/Sky Harbor Airport, I might recommend the following:

Hiking in Sedona, AZ - https://www.themandagies.com/best-hikes-in-sedona-arizona/

Food and drink anywhere in downtown Flagstaff, AZ - https://www.flagstaff.com/downtown

(as an aside, the drive up 89A between Sedona and Flagstaff is quite fun)

Photo op at Horsehoe Bend in Page, AZ (follow it with a pint at the Dam Bar) - https://horseshoebend.com/

A drive out to the Painted Desert - https://www.visitarizona.com/places/parks-monuments/the-painted-desert/

The Desert Museum, Air and Space Museum, Titan Missile Silo, or just a drive up twisty Mt. Lemmon in Tucson - https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g60950-Activities-Tucson_Arizona.html

And of course, there's the Grand Canyon - https://www.nps.gov/grca/index.htm

Signed, a southern AZ native

3POINT8, TheMayor, WilyB and 2 others like this.
  21. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino

Shhh! We want to keep the tourists confined!

22. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    don't worry about it, they will step outside in to extreme heat and UV rays and head back to their hotel bars and pools :p

23. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #23 TheMayor, Apr 20, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    I lived in AZ over 14 years. I grew up in Phoenix and my family still lives there. One thing about AZ is that everyone thinks is its just one big desert. Its not. I've never seen another state with as wide a variety of climates and scenery in a short drive than the state of AZ. Its simply beautiful, including the desert.

Attached Files:

24. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    great recommendations! thanks

25. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    wowwwww stunning!

TomAZ likes this.