LFA Appreciation | Page 16 | FerrariChat

LFA Appreciation

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Sterling Sackey, Jan 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Hey Sterling, can you share what makes this particular LFA so special? I was told it was #326 & has a few options Toyota only granted to its owner.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer likes this.
  2. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    That. Is a ring edition

$75K option package
    CF exterior items including fixed rear wing, lip spoiler and canards
    Interior was more Alcantara oriented, CF in place of aluminum trim on the center tunnel
    Engine internal changes for like 10 more HP
    Different wheels with magnesium color
    Ex US std with CF door cards, had to be requested for US (points to Sterling for previously clarifying that)

They were supposed to be limited to 50 of the 500 total but that turned out to be BS

The win in the game is collectors love limited production so a limited sub model of this limited production car pushed prices of the ring cars crazy high (in my worthless opinion) to about double of the regular ones

3. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

That example is a particularly special Nurburgring owned by Craig Zinn, 1 of 3 LFAs total he owns (2 of them Nurburgrings) going off memory.

You can see a small Japanese flag emblem on the fenders, which is a one-off thing to my knowledge, and I have heard the car had some other special things done at supposedly ridiculous cost from Lexus.

LamboLover likes this.
  4. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

I don't believe the carbon door cards were even available at all in the US, unless one orders them as parts and installs them themselves (which has been done). The carbon door cards were likely not available here due to side impact regulations I would imagine, but I could be wrong.

5. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
  6. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Turn up the volume and enjoy.

Boomhauer and Pawilly like this.
  7. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

#384 Sterling Sackey, Mar 19, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
    Really great review of the LFA from someone who has a lot of experience with different supercars.

He finds it to be better in terms of build quality than a Carrera GT, and just short of that car in terms of driving experience (only due to his preference for the manual transmission in the CGT).

8. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Boomhauer, G. Pepper and BusDriver like this.
  9. BusDriver

BusDriver Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2004
    Northeast USA
    My experience matches on both fantastic cars. Build quality on the CGT is excellent (thankfully no nav or infotainment), but LFA is even better built despite its terrible mouse-pointer based navigation/infotainment system.
    With that said, there is no comparison in the driving experience...CGT is on another level and much more fun than the LFA.
    BTW, I find CGT colors (50 shades of silver) quite boring. LFA color choices (like the gorgeous pearl white above) are much more interesting.

Boomhauer and Sterling Sackey like this.
  10. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Boomhauer likes this.
  11. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Another great one

12. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

NürScud and Boomhauer like this.
  13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Must be the Pro Max car.

14. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

Behind the wheel:

Boomhauer, Thecadster and F2003-GA like this.
  15. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    What is up with the wheels they put on that one?

16. BGF1LMS

BGF1LMS Karting

Jul 23, 2019
    Simi Valley and Agoura Hills
    Full Name:
    Brennan
    I saw you were apart of the LFA drive last Saturday, thanks for coming out! I helped Hunter (LexusLFARegistry) host it, but due to a flat tire I couldn’t make it. Please post more pictures on here!

Sterling Sackey likes this.
  17. Sterling Sackey

Sponsor

No comment...

18. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    There's an ultra low mileage (72) that just sold on BAT for $808K

19. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
  20. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    Likely to continue sitting in a climate controlled indoor space instead of being enjoyed on the road.

21. The Red Baron

The Red Baron Formula 3

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Warren
    Wow getting up in price.
    Whats a Nurburring worth today.

22. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    I am hoping the car went to the Triple F folks in Ohio

They have been building a beyond world class collection and actually drive the cars

I could see a ring car being at $1.2 or better in this frothy market

23. sailfly

sailfly Karting

Dec 21, 2020
    Interestingly enough as I was reading up on the LFA I came across an article where the Chief Engineer recounted how benchmarking an F1 was partially responsible for their decision to switch from aluminum to carbon.
    https://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/07/the-making-of-the-lexus-lfa-supercar-who-what-where-and-most-of-all-why-an-inside-report-chapter-1-from-a-bar-to-bar-none/
    The level of detail in your description gives no doubt about your passion and admiration for the LFA. I just finished reading through this thread and your illustration has just stuck with me. It only makes me more convinced that this amazing car deserves a spot in my garage.