For Sale - 1965 275 GTS - Ferrari Classiche - Stunning and impeccable | Page 3 | FerrariChat

For Sale 1965 275 GTS - Ferrari Classiche - Stunning and impeccable

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Marco MC, Feb 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Creating drama around the car is more likely to damage it's reputation and subsequent value than anything else.

2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Vettel just sold a bunch of his collection in a matter of days ...through paying a proper broker ..just saying.

vraa likes this.
  3. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Remember when car ads said “Principals only”? There was a reason for that.

Buyers and sellers want to know that they are dealing with final decision makers. Auction houses are that. Advertising for a friend isn’t.

Matt

4. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    I agree. I wasted a fair amount of time researching a car advertised here, only to find out the poster was someone who knew someone that might want to sell the car. It may be worth defining if the poster is the owner, a dealer, a broker, or “other”.

5. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Or better yet: If it isn’t your car you can’t advertise it unless you put it in the dealer section.

Boomhauer, LARRYH, synchro and 7 others like this.
  6. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Is this true? Did I miss somewhere this was made clear? Staff knows the owner and can vouch?

I have to say, I dont understand not positng pictures. Who cares? Is the car never taken to a show? What is the fear? Pictures arent owed, but to be shocked that they're expected strikes me as unreasonable.

7. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

He is not an owner with whom I am familiar. I know plenty of guys who are high end owners, and could, if need be, vet the seller here and the owner, but didn't feel the need. It's a potential buyer's job to do that.

I can't vouch for the other guys here knowing the car, the owner or the seller. It hasn't come up in the mod section.

And yes, there are plenty of images on the internet of this car, a simple search of the serial number will turn them up, but those are not from the seller, and should not be used to represent the current condition of the car.

D

8. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    A car of this caliber should be sold using a reputable professional. The attempt to sell this car is akin to putting a $20,000,000 house on craigslist.

NuorderSG likes this.
  9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I disagree. FerrariChat is full of the top Ferrari historians in the world, FerrariChat is full of the top buyers in the world, it is an art to filter through those who aren’t and noise.

Jkuz, carguyjohn350, TTR and 2 others like this.
  10. efg2014

efg2014 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2014
    Northern California
    Rob, my apologies, wrong choice of words. Marco is helping a friend but it appears he isn't marketing the car correctly. What I should have said was that Marco needs guidance in marketing the car. Ferrarichat is the de-facto site for Ferrari enthusiasts as well as buyers and sellers. When I was looking for my F430, the owner had also advertised here and that gave me more confidence to approach him vs cars that were only advertised on the generic car sites.

rob lay likes this.
  11. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    wasted 4 minutes of my life reading this...
    and no GD pics...

12. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Cars of this caliber are not usually offered for sale by the owner.
    1. if the car has been restored, the restorer will know other potential owners and transactions are usually privately done
    2. Large sums of money like this are usually handled by brokers, and or banking surrogates, with authentication through Ferrari especially if its Classiche
    3. There is a network of brokers, dealers, and restoration that these cars are handled by. 275's are not uber rare, but also are highly collectible.
    4. the Chassis number will provide all the provenance and history needed to those who are in the market. Almost all have some from of filter to ensure the car represented is legal, authentic and the provenance is documented. that is where the value is.
    5. While there is undoubted wealth on Ferrari Chat - it would seem highly unlikely a sale would occur of this car through an ad posting.
    6. There are several highly respected broker/dealer who handle these cars every day that can provide a quick home ... at the right price. Tinzano Carugati comes to mind - based in Geneva.

bigsquat, technom3 and TTR like this.
  13. migg48

migg48 Karting

Jul 7, 2006
    Yours is the same color as the one I owned here in the states. I miss it.

14. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    How does posting pictures of a car invade anyone's privacy? Certainly one could remove the tags. Pure BS IMO and I agree the friend of a friend business is the same.

carguyjohn350 likes this.
  15. aatk

aatk Rookie

Nov 24, 2017
    Your idea of `helping` differs from mine by quite a margin.

16. Art H

Art H Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 15, 2014
    I think I know this car when I visited Monaco. Marco , is this Paolo’s car?

17. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marco MC- Glad you posted this car and agree with the need for discretion. Now, please send me a PM as we've been trying to reach you about your car's extended warranty...

willrace likes this.
  18. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
  19. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ