Hamilton deserves more respect | FerrariChat

Hamilton deserves more respect

Discussion in 'F1' started by Natkingcolebasket69, Mar 28, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U saw the race and u all know it.
    Just cemented his legacy today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIkesh P, 4right, TopspeedPT and 12 others like this.
  2. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    He deserves a lot of respect for what he does on track, but not for his hypocrisy outside of it.

Whisky, bamaman, HotShoe and 14 others like this.
  3. Natkingcolebasket69

Not what my post is about lol

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    His 'hypocrisy' like wanting everyone everywhere to be treated equally ? or with dignity and respect ?

MFlanagan, AshAP, tres55 and 5 others like this.
  5. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    No, When the actions differ from the discourse. Like going to race in some countries where human rights are not respected.

6. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    No.

Bas likes this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

My only issues with him are : lack of humility and lying about his hair transplant

8. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    He was not lying about his hair.
    The Shampoo was terrible :p

furoni, Senna1994 and Jakuzzi like this.
  9. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    He would have more of my respect if he stuck to driving. Whenever he opens his mouth it's always about being a victim.

10. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    He did well today. Love him or hate him, He's there all the time. you have to respect the ability to be at the TOP for almost 10 years running... he and Mercedes have truly been amazing. There is no other way to look at it.

11. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Defending against Max is not easy. Respect was earned.

Max missed an opportunity with clear plan of attack to show he his the next step above LH. Possibly next race Max will show us. Today he failed and he had no traffic to blame etc. No weather, nothing he failed to make a pass when it was his to make, momentum etc.

LH has utterly shown under pressure he is capable. Vettel has failed his legacy is in question, and Max had it for the taking today.

Im still utterly shocked to see LH was winner. Under pressure its difficult to count LH out. Just ask Vettel. He cannot begin to come close to dealing with pressure. You think Max would have seen now how that works. His timing was one of impatience. He still has not fully matured.

He knows what to say but on track he failed under pressure today. That is as surprising as seeing LH win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    #12 Flavio_C, Mar 28, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2021
    Dude, I can't comment on P&R here because it's not allowed. But I can only say that you are being naive. Search Youtube {title removed by moderator}

amenasce and Jakuzzi like this.
  13. Natkingcolebasket69

I’m Vettel I try a few more races and I just quit and tell people look I just don’t have it anymore. I lost motivation, talent.whatever it is time for me to go.

14. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Personally, it's only what happens on the track that matters to me.

I have no interest in anything else; in fact, it bores me solid to hear people constantly refering to what drivers do off the track.

In life I am not interested in PR, sounbites, interviews, gossips, etc ... I abhor that.

To me Lewis Hamilton is an outstanding driver, the best of his generation, and by a long shot.

His origins, race, hairstyle, fashion sense, politics, social opinions, lifestyle, private life are of no interest to me.

I cannot see anyone capable of matching his racing records among the present F1 drivers (98 Poles, 96 GP wins).

Statistically Vettel, or Alonso are the nearest to his achievements, but they will never catch up.

AshAP, cairns, lorenzobandini and 3 others like this.
  15. Natkingcolebasket69

Well said. I think Verstappen is now as fast as Hamilton but I think under his helmet he hasn’t figured out how to be more calm.
    Like today I knew he was gonna attack and I thought he was gonna take both of them out for some reason.
    Im glad it didn’t happen.
    Hamilton won pretty much at every level, and even when his McLaren wasn’t too good he woke a few races. He lost to button, rosberg etc but overall he won the war.
    I hope we have 23 more great races and that vettel will wake up but I have lost faith for him. Can’t defend him anymore

cairns and william like this.
  16. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    And what would you know about being a "victim?"

cairns likes this.
  17. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Even if Max had properly executed a pass for the lead in that race with 10-lap younger tires, it wouldn't have necessarily shown/proven he is "the next step about LH."

william likes this.
  18. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    The more I think about today's race I think that Max was screwed by the stewards. Side by side exiting the turn, Lewis ran Max wide--he is a master at it, does it to his teammates as well. Max could either hold his line and have a collision, or go off track. That he gained an advantage/position was incidental, he didn't intentionally leave the track to gain an advantage. These guys were fighting for the win, let them fight fairly. Half the race no one was warned for having all four wheels off-course, then it was enforced mid race. Horribly inconsistent rulings by the stewards IMO. What a crock!

19. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    It is not about me.

20. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

The reference is LH for Max' generation. Max is ambitious to make his mark and be known as good or better than LH. The press of late has said Max is the best on the grid. Today we see that Max has not reached a level required for such press in this race.

Mystique was forced to face performance............

cairns and dpw98 like this.
  21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

29 laps of corner cutting.

Respect for what?

werewolf, stavura, furoni and 3 others like this.
  22. fer312t

fer312t Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2010
    #22 fer312t, Mar 28, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2021
    I don't care for videos made by racists

23. Natkingcolebasket69

Pretty sure Max did the same. I honestly don’t understand the hate. Hamilton’s defense in an inferior car today was a master class. At some point got stop finding excuses. Turkey, Austin a few year back, today, Brazil with Ocon. One can say none of those situations were Max’s fault but the truth is the champion has to avoid them and he doesn’t . I wish him well but the kid already has 120 races under his belt and people make him the next best thing... he will be world champion for sure he has the talent but after 126 races Senna was a 3X WDC just saying...
    Maybe this year is his year we shall see; it’s just ONE race but you can’t forget who Hamilton is. There lsnt a thing he hasn’t seen or done. He won in go kart, he won everywhere

AshAP, cairns, Terra and 1 other person like this.
  24. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Max will be thinking about this and I hope the old less mature Max comes through next race. Today he let Hammy know that he would settle for second. He missed his opportunity to win and show Hammy that he is about being first not the 1st loser. If MV went in too hot and had to blow the turn that's one thing. But if he thought Hammy was pushing him out and he reacted by going wide then he lost the mental game. He needed Hammy, who was just a bit behind, to avoid collision. MV had the corner and should have put his RF tire on the whiteline and played that game of chicken.

375+ likes this.
  25. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Lewis had been doing corner cutting LONG before Red Bull told Max it was ok, presumably after the FIA said they wouldn't take action, only when Max started doing it did suddenly the FIA get up from their chair.

Max didn't make a mistake today, Lewis did...Max didn't have the benefit of a rear gunner, Lewis did. Max had a poor strategy, Lewis had a great one (because Red Bull didn't have the rear gunner). Lewis did. The time Red Bull threw away on a poor strategy was significant. When Max passed Lewis, Lewis made sure he would have to go off track and likely get the FIA call to give the place up.

It is just 1 race. Max had it in the pocket but lost it due to reasons beyond his control. Max could've forced the overtake more and get the collision and hope he got off better...Maturity helped him out here and he's looking for a championship, not a race win.

PS I don't call a car that easily qualifies 2nd and 3rd as ''inferior''.