:( My poor 575 :( Someone rescue her... | FerrariChat

:( My poor 575 :( Someone rescue her...

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by VOKS7780, Mar 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VOKS7780

VOKS7780 Karting

Apr 2, 2020
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    VIC OVASAPYAN
    So, I didn't even get a chance to enjoy this beauty and got hit and run on my second day driving her. Insurance claimed a total loss and she's at Copart now :(. My heart truly aches to loose her. She has a lot of good parts on her with original 19K miles and not sure if she's repairable or not but what a loss.

If anyone here ends up picking her up I have full records from day one in my possession that insurance didn't care to have. Everything is up to date from clutch, brakes, tires, spark plugs, motor mounts, fuel pumps with all brand new hoses, new diamond stitched leather headliner, new diamond stitched rear cargo shelf and so on. She had zero flaws.

Good luck and let me know if anyone has any questions.

https://www.autobidmaster.com/en/carfinder-online-auto-auctions/lot/35893901/COPART_2003_FERRARI_F575_MARAN_SALVAGE_CERTIFICATE_VAN_NUYS_CA/

Texas Forever likes this.
  2. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    WOW that is unfortunate.
    Back in the 1980's growing up in Iowa, my first motorcycle was a '79 Kawasaki KZ 750 and when it died I really enjoyed tearing it all the way down and learning how things worked.

In California so many of us are squeezed for space.....if I had more space I would buy your car just for the fun of tearing it apart, learning and then heck you could make a decent amount over time parting it out. Could be a lot of fun.....wish I had the space!

VOKS7780 likes this.
  3. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Vic- A crying shame. She was very nice, especially with the diamond stitch additions.

VOKS7780 likes this.
  4. rhern213

rhern213 Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2021
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Richel
    That's ****ty news mate, sorry to hear. I just got my 550 and can't imagine the crushing feeling I would get once I get to take it out for a spin if that happened so quickly.

Was it just too much damage to get the car straight again? Did you consider asking the insurance company to buy the car back? Since you know mechanically the car's in tip top shape, if it's just body and wheel alignment damage you could potentially own the car back at a great price that may be worth dealing with any re-sale discounts from the branded title down the road.

5. VOKS7780

VOKS7780 Karting

Apr 2, 2020
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    VIC OVASAPYAN
    I thought about it and honestly it will never be the same and also I don't have the necessary time but could be a good project for someone .

6. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    @fatbillybob I know you have mentioned doing track work frequently, are you running your 550. Couldn't this make a great track candidate with someone with enough intestinal fortitude and cash in the pocket?

It would be a dream but I'm unfortunately not in the wealthy enough or time enough category as regularly racing my Miata in the past was exciting enough from an economic investment.

7. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    So sorry for your loss. Day 2. Wow, just heartbreaking.

VOKS7780 likes this.
  8. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Wow... so sorry to hear Vic. I’m surprised there’s enough damage to total it, as it doesn’t seem that badly damaged. How did it happen? I’m assuming you’re ok, which is the most important part.

Here’s to hoping you can get back on that horse and get to enjoy owning a Maranello again soon.

Ruben

willrace likes this.
  9. SteveVT

SteveVT Karting

Nov 30, 2019
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    Steve
    So sorry to hear about your accident and the loss of your Maranello - makes me sick just thinking about it.

10. Boy Wonder

Boy Wonder Karting

May 23, 2014
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Fred Wolf
    My wife had an accident once, and the guy that hit her gave a classic line " It's only Tin , Honey", i would hope your insurance company will make you whole.
    When the dust settles, you can find another beauty , although , the supply seems to be drying up as i see it at the moment.

Make sure you insur Co , gives you " replacement value", including sales tax

sorry about your loss, of course

VOKS7780 likes this.
  11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Man that's bad luck! On day 2 as well....damage doesn't look bad at all, wonder what it'll go for.

VOKS7780 likes this.
  12. niftyfivefifty

niftyfivefifty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2007
    PacNW
    Wow, that is heartbreaking. If they totaled out I wonder if it has frame damage. Looks like a great candidate for a GTC tribute car.

@VOKS7780 I can't even imagine a loss like this. It definitely looks like it took the hit well, and nice that you walked away. It may be too soon to ask, but do you think you will look for another?

VOKS7780 likes this.
  13. franschman

franschman Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2017
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Bart
    I have almost finished my 456 so may be tempted. I wonder what it sells for.

VOKS7780 likes this.
  14. franschman

franschman Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2017
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Bart
    By the way, how/why did the odometer jump to 555.555 miles? Surely your car wasn't this high mileage? Must be some message?

15. Elsi

Elsi Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2010
    Zürich (Switzerland)
    Full Name:
    Markus
    Very sorry to hear! My condolences!

I know how you feel since several years back my mechanic crashed my 575M which was totalled too. But the story ended well for me since I got a 575M HGTC for my crashed car.

Markus

VOKS7780 likes this.
  16. 15765

15765 Formula Junior

May 14, 2012
    Las Vegas NV
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Too bad it is not a 550. I owned a Corvette Shop and spent 30 years repairing damaged cars, mostly Corvettes and this would make an easy repair. The only real damage I can see that would have a chance of being a problem is the possible damage to the A Post (door hinge post) and a used one along with a door should be easy to find. Unfortunately I am retired and currently involved in a Daytona rebuild.

Chuck King

Texas Forever and VOKS7780 like this.
  17. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Chuck- With serial number 15765, I bet. My old one was 14009.

18. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
    Wow that car does not look totaled at all.

19. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    The valuation of the car and the estimate to repair shown on the CoPart salvage site estimate the repair cost at ~70% of the value. Thats way within the "totaled" threshold for most insurance companies. Because the car's value on a salvage title, typical discounted 30% or so from clean title value would be the same as the estimated repair cost. Thus there is no residual value in the car. We, on this site, value the car and the brand as more than just the $$$, they do not.

VOKS7780 likes this.
  20. white out

white out Formula 3

Mar 3, 2010
    Definitely totalled because of parts cost, not severity of damage.

tres55 and VOKS7780 like this.
  21. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
    Right, but assuming it’s repaired it would be worth around 100k$ right? And if repaired instead of totaled then it wouldn’t have a salvage title. It will now for sure. Heck, could be a great candidate for a body swap. I’d like to see if a factory five Daytona body could fit on this chassis.

22. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    wtf, i was going to buy it back when you were done.....

shred any of that stuff with my name on it please..

cars get totaled for all sorts of reasons. parts NLA is my guess here.

looks like ferrparts (or another) is going to have a set of modulars, HGTC springs and a FHP rear bar available....

VOKS7780 likes this.
  23. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    That's a sad fate for that car - as noted it does not seem to be that severely damaged, even though I understand the rationale for totalling it. Since it is assumed to be virtually worthless now I think it would be a good candidate as parts stock for a 575 owner.

VOKS7780 likes this.
  24. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Sadly, once repaired, it isn't worth $100k. Cars with a rebuilt or salvage title are typically worth ~70% of a car with a clean title. So, market for this car repaired would be more in the $70-80k range. And thats about the estimated cost to repair.

Salami and Texas Forever like this.
  25. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Holy crap I hadn’t realized that was your old car.

VOKS7780 likes this.