FoW Ownership Change? | FerrariChat

FoW Ownership Change?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by StanT, Jan 31, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. StanT

StanT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2007
    Vienna, VA
    I got this email Friday from Ferrari S.p.A. Any more info out there?
    Notice they misspelled Towlern Place.

Dear Customer,

We would like to inform you that the Official Ferrari Dealer in Washington DC, has recently undergone a change in the ownership structure, starting from January 8, 2021.

In this content, we would like to remind you the channels available to you for contacting the dealership:

• Address: 45235 Towlem Place, Sterling, VA, 20166
    • Phone: (703) 478-3606
    • Email: [email protected]

From a data protection standpoint, please be informed that Ferrari will continue to manage your personal data in compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).

In this respect, we would like to bring to your attention Ferrari S.p.A. Privacy Notice – Sales and the Ferrari S.p.A. Privacy Notice – After-Sales in attachment to this communication.

DOWNLOAD SALES PRIVACY

DOWNLOAD AFTER SALES PRIVACY

You can contact us at [email protected] for any privacy-related query.

For any information, technical assistance, information about events or more generally for any query about the world of Ferrari, we invite you to contact your closest Official Dealer and Service - that you can find on our website: www.ferrari.com - or our Ferrari customer care at the email address: [email protected]

Best regards,

Enrico Galliera
    SVP for Commercial & Marketing
    Ferrari S.p.A.

2. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    #2 E60 M5, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    Here is the official email I received

To our Valued Customers,

First and foremost, as we start the new year together, I wish to personally thank each and every one of you, not only for being a client of our dealership, but especially for all of the ways you have engaged and supported me and our entire team throughout the years. As our client, you are one of our most treasured assets and, personally, I am grateful for the opportunity to continue to serve you.

Building on the impact our clients have contributed to our employees, business and future opportunities, I also am grateful to have you as part of our company’s next generation. As you may have already heard, Bill Story and his partners sold the entire dealership group on January 8th of this year to my new partner, Ron Burkle. While there might be many questions you each might have over time, the single most important message which makes this an important milestone for all of us relates to what Ron brings to the foundation. Simply put, I could not have asked for a better partner in this venture. Not only because of his stellar reputation and experience in the luxury retail space; even more important, because of the personal character and integrity he brings to our partnership, which defines our commitment as a company to everyone who is part of our extended family.

For my part, I am humbled to serve as CEO and as a Partner. I commit to do everything within my power to not only serve each and every client, but lead with integrity, and, above all always to deliver what I say I will. That is my commitment, and not one I take lightly.

I know a lot of you may have questions, or concerns, especially with a brand as special as Ferrari. While we did make a managerial change in our Washington, DC and San Diego locations; we are fortunate to have Tim Rogers, Franklyn Freeman and Anthony King remain with the company as we move together into the coming years.

We will also be creating a customer advisory board of directors at each store that will help us discern with insight not only what we are doing right, but also areas we can improve. We will seek to be known not only as connected to the communities we serve, but also for humility. As well as, listening with our minds open and eager to hear, always realizing that the most valuable data and input is that which comes directly from our customers (past, present and future). If you have any interest in being a part of this group, please let us know, as I believe this will be a fundamental key to our emerging success.

I also would like to extend an open invitation to personally meet, call, and most importantly, listen to each one of you as your time permits. Please email my assistant Michelle Moreno, [email protected] she we would be delighted to schedule time on my calendar.

In closing, thank you again for all your support of our business and this incredible brand. I am truly excited to begin this journey, and for being given the opportunity to serve each one of you.

From my family to yours,

Christopher Berlin
    Dealer Principal

Image Unavailable, Please Login

T (714) 662-7600
    E [email protected]

This email was sent to:
    Ferrari of Rancho Mirage 71441 Highway 111 Rancho Mirage, CA 92270

[DOC_1019_NO]

[​IMG]

3. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    Nice email. I liked the place a lot more when Greg Miller worked there.

LARRYH and Ricambi America like this.
  4. StanT

StanT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2007
    Vienna, VA
    I liked it a LOT more when Allie Ash and his team owned and ran it. They supported FCA-MAR with track events, open houses, and monthly newsletters. Allie even drove his F40 on a couple of our road rallies. And don't forget their Ferrari Challenge Teams. They were car guys, and Ferraris were a lot more than just commodities to them.

rampante550, becker, LARRYH and 8 others like this.
  5. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    With the new ownership we have been discussing renewed support for the Challenge team. Right now they outsource it but they are still sponsoring us and providing logistical support.

Texas Forever and E60 M5 like this.
  6. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I would like to see heavy support for hosting Ferrari Club of America events, social gatherings, and a Challenge team come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StanT and E60 M5 like this.
  7. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I've only bought four and sold two there so I guess I didn't rate to get the memo :)

Bisonte, sherrillt and E60 M5 like this.
  8. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Yeah, it was a totally different, and more of a family shop back in those day. I really do miss those guys. Treated everyone great, took time with dreaming kids and adults alike.

Adamas and E60 M5 like this.
  9. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    No one knows what the future will bring, but the last couple years have been better than the past personally. James is great in service and Jonathan has been great in sales. The games will always be there and I've bought new/used Ferraris from other dealers in the past so they seem to exist everywhere. Lamborghini/Mclaren/Rolls has also changed ownership so we'll see how they change, because they have sucked for years...

LARRYH, Piper and Gh21631 like this.
  10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I agree, good group over there.

LARRYH and carz80am like this.
  11. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    They are owned by BMW of Sterling, Mr. Mooreheads group now.

12. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Nope, they are owned by a national firm - https://www.lithia.com. Moorehead sold as he ran it into the ground.

ROMO, Pis7a2020 and E60 M5 like this.
  13. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Unfortunately, he seems to have a knack for doing that, oh well.

Gh21631 and Pis7a2020 like this.
  14. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    The entire team there is great, has been for a while. They've had a number of great service advisors over the years, Terry, Glen, Greg, but they never seemed to last until James. But that sales team has been really stable for a long time. Everyone likes Jonathan. I've always dealt with Franklyn and like him as well.

ROMO and rampante550 like this.
  15. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Dealt with James for the first time and he’s outstanding.

16. FerrariCognoscenti

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Not sure what’s going on at Ferrari of Washington. Took my Ferrari in for service and spent an hour browsing the showroom while I waited, contemplating a upgrade to an unspoken for F8 on the showroom and not a single salesman came up to assist me. I was there for one hour. I was the only customer in the entire showroom. There were at least five salesman all in their offices and Ibwas ignored. Not going to go knock on a door of their office to beckon one for assistance. I’d get treated better at Hyundai of Washington. Just not okay in this league. Won’t be going back to Ferrari of Washington, I’ll continue to buy my F cars from Ferrari of Central NJ despite living 10 minutes away from FoW.

James in service is excellent, but the sales department, not so much.

E60 M5 likes this.
  17. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    I’m kind of bummed that Laetitia is no longer there. I think she was the glue between owners and FoW. I wonder who is going to be spearheading the events now.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

LARRYH and E60 M5 like this.
  18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Good question, they may lean on Franklin until they find someone.

Piper, Pis7a2020 and E60 M5 like this.
  19. daoman

daoman Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 21, 2008
    Washington DC area
    Alex Portillo has replaced Laetitia.

20. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    Yes, Franklyn is a good guy.

Gh21631 and Piper like this.
  21. Piper

Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Sad. They weren't like that a couple years ago. I was there often for a decade and never was left alone, but haven't been around much last year or two.

Sent from my SM-N960U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I'm not making excuses for that but I think they have so many people that just show up to check the cars out and not buy anything that they've become accustomed to people just walking around in the showroom.

SVLT, carz80am, E60 M5 and 1 other person like this.
  23. Pis7a2020

Pis7a2020 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2019
    Agreed

24. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Is it really that difficult to at least just ask, "do you need anything?". After all it is a sales position and I understand people just coming to droll over cars, but the same guy walking around for an hour??!!! Come on.

LARRYH, Adamas, Gh21631 and 1 other person like this.
  25. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Its not and I agree with you.

DennisForza and E60 M5 like this.