San Sebastian in Spain | FerrariChat

San Sebastian in Spain

Discussion in 'Travel' started by LMPDesigner, Feb 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Anybody been there? Looks lovely.

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    You mean this one? As there are at least five San Sebastian that I know of in Spain...
    If so, and like many Frenchmen: yes, as it is very close to Bayonne and Biarritz, themselves very nice...
    You can't go wrong, but I would visit the three and spent a few days alternating between France and Spain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Sebasti%C3%A1n

Rgds

3. Max4HD

Max4HD Formula 3

Jun 20, 2006
    Florida
    Pre-pandemic, I’ve spent time in San Sebastián every year for the last twenty.

I stay at the Hotel Niza directly on La Concha beach. Get an ocean facing room.

Directly across from the hotel is La Perla Spa, a belle epoch health club that is simply fabulous.

A short walk will find you in the “old town” where the tapa bars are numerous and the offerings varied & affordable.

As soon as they let Americans back, I’m there!

Cheers

4. NYC Fred

NYC Fred F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 28, 2010
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Fred C
    Will be there for a few days Aug-Sept. this year.

Any other insights you'd care to share re the town and region would be appreciated.
    TY

5. lopena

lopena Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    If you have access to a car, and enjoy wine, take a day trip down to the Rioja region. Also pay a visit to the town of Pamplona. You can also visit the Guggenheim art museum designed by Frank Gehry in Bilboa.

If you’re a devote Catholic you might also take a drive to Lourdes.

The food in San Sebastian is some of the best anywhere...enjoy!

Alan
    N.J.