For Sale - 1965 275 GTS - Ferrari Classiche - Stunning and impeccable | Page 2 | FerrariChat

For Sale 1965 275 GTS - Ferrari Classiche - Stunning and impeccable

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Marco MC, Feb 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marco MC

Marco MC Rookie

Dec 2, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Thank you, absent, I appreciate your words. Maybe my reaction to the FChat scrutiny was unfriendly defensive. But I still don't understand why some long-term FChatter (maybe a Staff Member) did not send me a PM. He could then explain to everyone else that the OP of this thread is a respected collector and he and his threads deserve trust and credit. By doing so all suspicion of scam will disappear. Once more, please comply with my desire of discretion not posting pics of this car. Thanks

2. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    I just wanna see pictures of such a Ferrari... I am not in the market at that level, but I like to dream ..... and drool..... :)

tomberlin and 96redLT4 like this.
  3. read33

read33 Karting

Mar 23, 2017
    Long Island
  4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Marco: Don't take it personally but we've been taken before...

I hope your friend finds a great new owner.

5. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    OP values his own time but not the time of prospective buyers, even though the car isn't his? Whatever...

6. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Marco,

Anytime a 3rd party individual puts themselves in the middle 'selling for a friend type thing' it's legally a buffer to prevent the owner from being sued for misrepresentation and why I avoid brokers here at all costs.

Most people here know this and run from deals like this.

I'd suggest you call Gooding & Co auction house and let them sell it for your friend.

Best,
    Chip

carguyjohn350 and 96redLT4 like this.
  7. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I forgot how to PM....Help....

Thanks,
    Jack
    NY

8. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I think the TOU should be changed to prohibit ‘“selling for a friend” ads. If somebody wants to sell something on Fchat they should just pay the subscriber fee, become a member and sell it themselves. Or at the very least if someone wants to advertise a car or other item for a friend or other third party they should pay the commercial rate.

@rob lay @Booker

Q_res, cairns, carguyjohn350 and 2 others like this.
  9. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    ???
    Last time I checked all auction houses (including G. & Co.) are “3rd party” and act as “brokers”...

10. Daniel12343

Daniel12343 Rookie

May 22, 2020
    I do believe the OP is wasting all of our time as well as insulting us by thinking we are not good enough to grace the photos of his friends Ferrari. I understand discretion is a good thing when it comes to car sales of this caliber, as mine unfortunately, if ever leaves the garage, but this is just something on another level. This posting should be removed.

cgt000 likes this.
  11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I agree, I think many of the friend stories are B.S., they are getting some beyond friends benefits if not an all out broker.

12. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Yea, I figured someone smart-ass would say that...

You know as well as everyone else very reputable auction houses like Sotheby's and Gooding who base their entire reputation on the line are not the same as a person/broker who is basically there as a buffer.

bologna and carguyjohn350 like this.
  13. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    This isn’t the thread to discuss this further but suffice to say their is unsavoriness from both the big auction houses, AND the buffers. Good and bad from both

curtisc63 likes this.
  14. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    Legality wise there is no difference in a court of law between the 'selling for a friend' and big reputable auction house, even if it's Gooding they can not be sued for miss representing the car just like the 'selling for a friend' person. But, who are you going to trust more?

15. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    So I'm not getting any pictures to drool over? Just wanted to clarify..... :)

tomberlin, Boomhauer, ChipG and 5 others like this.
  16. INRange

INRange F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    Apparently......... you must be worthy to actually see them or be a friend of the actual owner.

Boomhauer, cairns and Texas Forever like this.
  17. Bthesixthree

Bthesixthree Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 18, 2013
    CA
    Full Name:
    B
    Not hard to find pics of it online from last it sold 10+ years. Beautiful car

FerRrari and mkraft3003 like this.
  18. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    catani67, Cqd24 and vraa like this.
  19. krazykarguy

krazykarguy Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2014
    Fort Mill, SC
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Seeing that the car was restored at RPM in Vermont, I can vouch for the exceptional quality of the work done on the car - without ever having seen it in person. I've been to the shop several times, Peter's work is top notch and done to a historically correct standard.

Texas Forever likes this.
  20. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    wow what a great ad, no pics, no info..

21. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009
    Agree 100% A buyer should be able to communicate directly to a seller, be it a person or a dealer. This friend of a friend business is for the birds.

cairns, ChipG, mmatting and 3 others like this.
  22. donkost

donkost Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2016
    Blandon, PA
  23. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I remember Gentry selling a jet "for a friend"......

:D

24. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #49 TTR, Mar 3, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    While I'm not a dealer pre se, I am helping couple of clients & friends by representing car's they'd like to sell, but whom for variety of reasons, including health or privacy related, do not wish to deal with the enquiries by potential tire kickers or lowball offers, etc.

I, for one, also completely understand OPs approach/attempt/discretion to help protect identity and privacy of, not only the car, but her current and future owners. Over the past 3-4 decades, I have bought & sold several rare or otherwise unusual cars without of any publicly shared pictures or other identifying details and even couple of cars I'm currently helping with fall into similar category.

If some here wish to "drool" or be entertained by pictures of cars, there should be plenty other forum sections and threads within them dedicated to such activities.
    This section, if I'm not mistaken, is for offering or enquiring about cars for sale.
    I would also like to assume anyone seriously interested in acquisition of OPs offering is capable & intelligent enough to follow what appears to be quite simple instructions how to proceed.

bigsquat likes this.
  25. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    Sometimes people may not be "actively" on the hunt for a particular vehicle and see some great pictures in a forum like this and "pull the trigger"... but hey to each their own... I have several cars in my garage and a few are for sale at any time and I know I don't appreciate "tire kickers" myself. I just approach it differently.