Ferrari 456 cars for sale | Page 53 | FerrariChat

Ferrari 456 cars for sale

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by toggie, Oct 10, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
  2. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Well bought indeed.

3. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I'm not watching the 456 market like a hawk but I did read the comments on that one and the last few I've paid attention to it was shocking how much maintenance a few have had over the last 6-7 years.

Love the TdF.

ttforcefed likes this.
  4. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    While our cars have a bit of a reputation for maintenance, its pretty clear that deferring regular maintenance is a prescription for real issues and bills down the road.

5. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    So far my experience is that it is a fairly straightforward automobile to work on ... if you can turn a wrench you can own a 456!!!

6. franschman

franschman Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2017
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Bart
    Fully agree! Although it is all relatively straightforward, it is usually impossible to do any job quickly. There's often many steps to take, all in the right order, but if you take your time it's a great car to work on.

7. Davidspop

Davidspop Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lance Malcolm
    Agree... just replacing the speed sensor I had to remove a section of the exhaust system..but it was built to come apart like it needed to....

Now a real challenge is no wiring schematics for the early 456GT/GTA

8. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
    My car came with over 75k$ in receipts for work. Nothing major, just regular maint, some break downs and some “nice to replace since we can”. Some of it honestly looked like making busy work for some dealers. That said, I don’t think they are very difficult to work on compared to some cars. Replacement parts being the trick. Some more than others it seems.
    I saw that there are 3 black 456 for sale right now in the USA.

9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Cld you post that invoice? Id love to see it

10. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
    Oh it was over a course of many years, a stack that took a long time to compile.

11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Oh no worries then… I was excited to see a single invoice for 75,000 as its 2x my biggest one..,

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

12. Salami

Salami Karting

Oct 31, 2020
    Oregon
    No, not one trip thankfully, but One recent one was 23k$

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    from the dealer or an independent? if from inde that one wld be worth seeing.

14. niftyfivefifty

niftyfivefifty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2007
    PacNW
    Salami likes this.
  15. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    It wouldn't be kosher to reveal the gentleman's name but he may well rejoin this site now that he is the proud owner of my '03 456M GT. That's right. Beloved Bella is going to a new home. I know she will be loved as that has been the basis for the whole deal as I wasn't really looking to sell. But I got talked into it. I will stay active on the forum as I look for another adventure. But I do think someone should take over the maintenance and updating of the 456M register for US cars that I have assembled and managed. Unless of course, I end up in another 456M.
    All that having been said, to all the users of this forum, this is without peer, the best community of car enthusiasts, owners, and model aficionados I have ever encountered. You people are fantastic, supportive, knowledgeable, witty, and the best group ever!! Thanks. Seriously, you folks are a major benefit of ownership of these magnificent cars.

Pawilly, ColGraves and Mirek like this.
  16. puckybadger

puckybadger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 12, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    I'm in shock

17. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    As am I. I wasn't looking to sell but the gentleman knew exactly what he wanted and was able to be more than sufficiently convincing. I'll merely share that the 456M GT market, were it to take this deal into account, would be significantly more robust that it has been recently. Similar to recent trends with the 550. I'll be back. The hunt for a next adventure is already underway!

18. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Hopefully you still pop in time to time, legacy knowledge goes a long way.

It is interesting, I myself was in a position willing to pay significantly more than the market price for the right 456M and ended up doing just that. I may have overpaid (according to the market) but my spec is perfect and if I wrecked it I could not just go out and buy another one like this and assume it is all sorted, etc...I think when the dust settles and the junkers are off the market these will be more valued. 4 seats. V12. Small footprint.

19. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I shall still be here. The hunt is on for another adventure but this was a deal out of the blue (TdF blue that is....) and just felt right for all parties. Haven't fallen out of love with the 456 or even other front V12s (550/575). I really like this era of the V12.

20. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
  21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I am watching this one attentively!

22. Mirek

Mirek Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 20, 2019
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Mirek
    Same here ! I would have bought this had I not found a similar 2003 last year.

Car is awesome

23. puckybadger

puckybadger Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 12, 2016
    Milwaukee, WI USA
  24. Laserguru

Laserguru Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Happy servicing then. I apologize. I thought this might be your car.

25. michael1017

michael1017 Rookie

Nov 5, 2005
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Michael Hartung
    About an hour ago, 97’ 456 GT sold for $83,000. Noted rock pecks and rocker panel dents. Market headed upward.