812 VS Rumors | Page 171 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Forgetting the Monza SP1 and Monza SP2? Both unassistaed and unfiltered NA V12 and came after 812sf and with a little more horsepower than any of them.

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  2. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I also remember this video of a FXX-K Evo mule, supposedly testing a turbocharged V12:

The guy filming and the one next to it think it's turbocharged. For those who don't understand Italian..."What the hell?! It has another engine...it's turbocharged, listen!"...to sum it up.

No engineering expert here, so I'll leave comments about the feasibility of this power train to more informed people.

JTSE30, of2worlds and crinoid like this.
  3. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    Yeah ok but not a legal road car in every country
    ( USA for example ) so doesn’t really count in my opinion. Yes I’m aware in some countries you can drive on road but come on even then realistically you have to wear a helmet and goggles so for all practical purposes a track car not really a road car. Last pure V12 true road Ferrari seeming more and more to have been the 812 Superfast.

4. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    In the beginning of the video you see the engine. That’s the only thing that they show in the video about the car. In my opinion there is the “change” for the 812 VS.

Solid State likes this.
  5. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    Congrats to those offered it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JagShergill and Art_collector like this.
  6. kenvw

kenvw Rookie

Jul 16, 2016
    Having five cars in the garage is trying to stop the flippers in the financial game. I am a real enthusiast and followed the Ferrari path to proper status while driving the cars as they should. I said I needed 3-4 oldies but much less expensive have my Pista, 812 Superfast with a GTS on order and then I would have made it. But they change the rules to the game every time I got close. To say I was screwed by the Pista buy is factual. I love the car so will keep it but it was not worth $500k with what Ferrari did with that model - no one questions that piece of work by Ferrari - Ferrari HQ is responsible for NAF and its workforce there plus the dealership network. I bought into the dream and made it happen but as I mentioned many times I was duped ultimately by Ferrarri HQ because they sell the exclusivity and Brand and therefore should tenaciously hold to ever car that gets sold and see if it follows the right path and gets credited to the rightful owner. My story was finally by my accidental questioning caught with no real prize but a Pista ( which I should have easy earned already but none of my other cars were originally put into my name. The cover up by an NAF ASM was applying. It was so called cleaned up by getting one of the last and pulling teeth Pista allocation with low builds on this car to only then be opened up by a flood gate of additional 2020 pista to drown in it’s raining spaghetti and meatballs aftermath to destroy another $200k bath because right after that they served tiramisu of an F8 Tributo which was sold with the marketing line “ it’s as fast and good as the Pista” same engine, same hp, same everything but $200k cheaper. There are more Pista’s for sale than another Ferrari! Oh, yeah the SuperduperFast 812 because that’s how fast they built them. The whole factory was only making Pista’s and 812 for 6 months so they could encourage the “Exclusivity”. It’s time Ferrari look at their customers and say who got screwed the worst by our Ferrari ownership story that we said you follow and we are their to tell you you deserve a versione speciale. Personally, I should have a visit from NAF president and explain to me how my buying experience with Ferrari via their dealership with its second time in a row screw up of ownership came at my expense. I more than did my part but worst of all was the multiple screw jobs and foul play from the very first car I bought till now. I know one thing for sure being married to an Italian wife that announcement shouldn’t come from behind Enzo Ferrari’s desk till they get their dealerships and NAF people in order. There was a day that USA was half their orders - keep this approach going and the Brand loses its appeal. I drove my Ferrari’s 98% of the time with a passenger and always bought the passenger display if it was available to have all those who love this car enjoy them. Piolotti school lines the pockets of Ferrari but I am the guy who put the love of Ferrari into every person who might one day be that next Ferrari buyer. I did it with my two sons and multiple nephews (and many acquaintances, some strangers who had to sign waivers, shipped my car to Cleveland for a birthday present for a 70 year old reverend as a present to use a 488 Spyder for a weekend - priceless) this is love for the brand and countless other ways - however Ferrari measures money which is fine but in that end they also did me wrong. I will keep what I have and will get the GTS, but Ferrari you ran this customer away by not watching what really made your brand great and moving forward. Oh, how did that guy in their own story magazine a couple years back get a La Ferrari? It wasn’t the Ferrari way if I remember correctly and that was a top of the food chain vehicle.....

7. nicokin89

nicokin89 Rookie

Feb 18, 2021
    Full Name:
    Nicolas t
    I was just wondering, If you are part of the corse clienti and owner of a 599XX Evo , does it make you automatically TOP client ? And automatically should receive the 812 Aperta ? What do you think ? thank you

8. fredeejjejh

fredeejjejh Rookie

Oct 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    qiheng qian "Fred"
    Hi guys, after going to my local dealer in Shanghai today to check out the 812 gts, my dealer said that five cars can get you to the VS(probably cali Ts or romas will do, but policies may differ with regions ). (Planning on ordering later this year or early next ) yay:)

9. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Without predicting they will, an argument to support something like this is that they used the TDF to preview something that would feature significantly in the next gen cars (812, Lusso) - the rear wheel steering. It seems likely the next car will have some form of hybrid assistance, with rumours of smaller capacity etc. I remember an interview with Michael Leiters where he said something along the lines of the V12 cannot benefit from normal hybridisation in the same way as the V8. Maybe they have come up with a novel solution? If there is assistance on the VS, cue about twenty value threads on the SF and GTS being the last n/a V12s from Ferrari! Quite funny really.

Caeruleus11, JTSE30 and gzachary like this.
  10. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    This makes sense and the patent timing fits. The VS probably in development from 2019?

JagShergill likes this.
  11. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Ahaha it's perfect jag :D

of2worlds likes this.
  12. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I think we have to be a bit careful with this - different regions, different criteria because different stages of market development. It surely depends on how many people near you have five vehicles? At which point, which five vehicles, when you bought them, what kind of customer you are to your dealership and how much you support the brand also counts. None of us has any way of knowing how we compare really. Best thing is to buy cars that you want to drive, if you love V12s you’ll buy a number of them and then I guess you might begin to look like a guy who should have a V12 VS. The problem for customers that figure they buy x to get y is that you can never know what x really turns out to be. You really need to want x even if y doesn’t materialise. I would guess that Ferrari dealers hate telling customers who think they should have a VS car they can’t. Partly because these are often pretty close relationships but also because cars on order get cancelled because the customer feels unhappy. Smart move for the e-mail to come from Ferrari (FNE or FNA) rather than the dealer.

of2worlds and Ltfor3 like this.
  13. fredeejjejh

fredeejjejh Rookie

Oct 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    qiheng qian "Fred"
    I agree, Its going to be my first ferrari anyways, still have a long way to go. But I do know of a guy who have a 348, a Laferrari and pistas or sth who may get the VS.

14. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Cheers buddy - you get the vid ?

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  15. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    now that’s v interesting to read

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    bon!! :)

17. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    From what a gathered of speaking with multiple dealers, teh relationship you have with the dealer counts for a lot.
    Ferrari has their list, but the delaer plays a very big role in allocation.
    And yes a lot of the times it doesn't matter if you owned 5 cars or 50. Some dealers want certain customers to have certain cars.
    Buying a used 458 doesn't get you a VS, but buying 20 cars also doesn't so it seems.

18. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Ferrari is not a governement agency therefore all of this remains really opaque and is probably the sum of multiple factors, nobody really know I think, for sure there are some general rules like ownership history and involvment in Corsa Clienti, but at the end allocations are Ferrari's own "Tambouille" (Tambouille = French slang for a receipe that is not very clear and known only by the cook-wannabe)

JagShergill, of2worlds and Ltfor3 like this.
  19. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Next Icona will be NOT hybrid, but...

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.
  20. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    V6

21. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    But then there is this 812 video with better sound in the beginning. Definitely n/a.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds likes this.
  22. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Whatever anyone says about Ferrari and their marketing, it is still pretty incredible that they can have people desperate to receive an email telling them they are allowed to spend upwards of half-a-million dollars on a car they haven't even seen, let alone driven!

23. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Are you referring the next hybrid model, correct?

Exactly. They're masters, certainly not rookies.

24. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    I thought it was V8TT and was a tribute to the F40?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk