Audrain Automobile Museum? | FerrariChat

Audrain Automobile Museum?

Discussion in 'New England' started by Nospinzone, Feb 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I get these emails from the museum somehow. I’ve never been there. They are offering memberships. We go to Newport usually twice a year and stay at the Castle Hill Inn, but we also do day trip drives to Newport for lunch or dinner. Last year was a wash.

We’ve already cancelled our two international trips for 2021. This year we're going the Dinah Shore route and plan to “see the USA in our Chevrolet”, or similar. :) (I'm booking the FCA Broadmoor Experience in Colorado.)

Is anyone a member or has anyone been to the museum? From the website it looks interesting. Is it worth the Bellevue membership at $750-$1250? (not sure why the price range)

2. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
    I am a member but at the Audrain level ($100-375). Don't need the frills and extras. I go to the cars & coffees which often have a huge turnout though Covid-19 restrictions have shrunk them. Fun nonetheless in fantastic settings. I swing by now and then to see what cars on exhibit - they rotate portions of the collection through during the year. The exhibit space is small, roughly 10-15 at a time, and the collection is huge and may be still growing. I attended their first Concours last year, arrived late and missed some cars, but the effort seemed a good start. Their communications seem focused on making the Concours a must-visit on the international car show circuit ala Cavallino, Amelia, Pebble Beach, etc.

Nospinzone likes this.
  3. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    Every time we go to Newport I drive by there and think I should check it out.

Nospinzone likes this.
  4. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I've been to the museum and enjoyed it but is relatively small. If you are in the area also check out www.newportcarmuseum.org which is just down the road from Newport in Portsmouth.

Nospinzone likes this.
  5. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Wow, I didn't even know about that place.

6. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    Actually, that is the one I was referring to.

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I hope you're getting a nav system in your new F8! :D

stretchgeneral likes this.
  8. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
    That's a great museum too. Fun driving machines for kids and adults. Nice people. I am storing my Ferrari with them

9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The Newport Car Museum is definitely on my list. Now we just need a nice spring day! :)