348/355 & Service Costs | Page 3 | FerrariChat

348/355 & Service Costs

Discussion in '348/355' started by ibesuc, Sep 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    My god some of those prices are seriously expensive! How do they justify those prices?

We don’t pay anywhere near those price for the same work, so what’s driving the difference?

2. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That's correct, my point was that if money is an issue then stay far away from Ferrari.

KevZep likes this.
  3. KevZep

KevZep Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Kevin Bennett
    If you have performed an engine out service on a Ferrari, you'd see..........40hrs labour on a 348 for example.

4. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Two annuals and a engine out on my 358 and an annual on my 355.

Indies and main dealers in the uk do these on a fixed price basis. Annuals are similar cost to US; but engine outs are considerably cheaper; check out published prices on most all uk indie sites or ask any uk owner. It’s a well known quirk and just seems odd to me! But there you go!!!

5. KevZep

KevZep Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Kevin Bennett
    Oh I see what you're saying now, I missed your initial angle there.
    In that case it does seem a little odd. If you go to the Ferrari dealership here in Auckland, New Zealand, they reckon you'll get the engine out done on a 348 for a little under $5,000NZ, which is about 3,000 Euros....
    But yeah I am lucky to have the facilities and ability to do all that myself....

6. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    not too much more than here! Off course by the time you do all the “whilst your there” items and “wouldn’t that look nice if...”

I do a fair amount of tinkering but just don’t have the space to do an engine out unfortunately. In the uk there is also a big sensitivity around “service history”, rightly or wrongly and all the ins and outs of that!

Just now waiting to get let out and the weather to change to put some miles on the cars !!!

7. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I suspect there are a few thousand threads on this subject out here if one were to search.

8. KevZep

KevZep Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2020
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Kevin Bennett
    We have beautiful weather, I am up at 5am about to go out for a run with the "Old 911" Club, a friend of mine sold his 911 but wants to catch up with some of his old friends so we are taking my 348, should be a hoot!! Rouge Ferrari!!

I weighed that issue up too, the service history, but I think the car stands on its own merits, and in the case of mine, somehow the service records went missing!! So I was starting from scratch anyway.

A348W likes this.
  9. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This is an understatement ,:D