Interior shop recs for Raleigh/Triangle area | FerrariChat

Interior shop recs for Raleigh/Triangle area

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by JackSlack, Nov 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JackSlack

JackSlack Rookie

Sep 14, 2018
    Can anyone recommend an interior / upholstery shop in the Triangle area (or nearby-ish)? I have an 84 Euro 308 GTS with original interior, and it needs some love (dash and seats need to be recovered, doors and console need to be re-dyed, carpet tacked down).

I got a quote from JNG in Pittsboro but it seems they’ve closed shop recently. A neighbor recommended J&B, but I’ve heard mixed reviews on them. I also just reached out to SLR outside of Pinehurst and am waiting to hear back, but I suspect they may be too high end for what I need, as my 308 is a well maintained driver and not a concourse car.

Thanks in advance for any recs.

2. smithson

smithson Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2005
    Durham, NC
    Check out Auto Interiors and Tops in Raleigh. I’ve had them work on my boat on two occasions. Both times I made note of the fact that there were some vintage Porsches in there, likely from Road Scholars. The guy who works on my e-type has used them with good results. I think they’ve moved south of town now- but their old shop in Glenwood South was an old brick warehouse with shelves and shelves of textiles and a bunch of old gents working at sewing machines. Very cool thing to see.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. JackSlack

JackSlack Rookie

Sep 14, 2018
    Thanks! I’ll give them a buzz.

4. jines

jines Rookie

Nov 13, 2017
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    J. Ines
    Did you ever end up going with an interior shop? I have a set of black seats I'd eventually like restored with new leather.

5. JackSlack

JackSlack Rookie

Sep 14, 2018
    I ended up going with auto interiors and tops in Raleigh, the work is scheduled to start in a couple weeks. So can’t speak to the quality yet, but so far my interactions have been good. http://autointeriorsandtops.com/

6. jines

jines Rookie

Nov 13, 2017
    Raleigh, NC
    Full Name:
    J. Ines
    Do you mind taking some detailed pictures before and after?(bonus points for during!) I have some rust to correct first, but the seats will be next big ticket item. Thanks in advance!

7. PauliT

PauliT Rookie

Dec 15, 2020
    Florida
    Can anyone also recommend where to get carbon fiber upgrades for a 2018 California T? Very limited and hard to find. found a few but very limited.

8. JackSlack

JackSlack Rookie

Sep 14, 2018
    I put together some photos a couple months ago when I was thinking about selling it, shows a few shots of the current condition of interior. They're doing the dash, doors, seats, console. I'll try to take some more detailed photos once it's in the shop and the seats and dash are out.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/WJrEbsKoQi6rUtvE6