Body Shops near Palos Verdes | FerrariChat

Body Shops near Palos Verdes

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by kartboy1234, Jan 3, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kartboy1234

kartboy1234 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    Hello everyone, I am looking to get some paint work done on my porsche, if that goes well then I'll have work done on my Testarossa.

Does anyone know any good and reasonably priced body shops near Palos Verdes?

The Porsche is a 2003 so I don't want to spend a ton on paint for a car worth $20k.

Thank you

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

2. SDSferrari

SDSferrari Karting

Apr 2, 2014
    Southern California
    Dave with Premier Motorsports in Carson is the best body shop around. I wouldn't trust my Ferrari with anyone else.

shawdut likes this.
  3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Premier is silly expensive. He's like concourse Ferrari prices on common Ferrari streetcars. Maybe that's what it takes IDK or he treats every toaster Ferrari like a 250GTO? I have seen lots of great body work done on Ferraris around here but no one stands out or has a reputation anywhere close to Dave.

As a regular bodyshop I like First Class in harbor city. I found them by accident because they were close to PV. My vette racecar got wrecked. I had them fix it. It involved cutting back 1/2 of vette off and reweld new back frame up to gas tanks! They have all the alignment jigs etc. I was very impressed because I do my own racecar alignments and have very accurate tools. When I got my vette back and set-up the alignment those guys nailed it! They were more accurate than I could measure. My tolerance is =/- 1.5mm. By my measure they were dead nuts on. Since then they have fixed all out wrecked racecars. All the racers love them. They then fixed my vette again after my last wreck. Perfect again. Now I'm racing a mustang GT. I'm sure they will be fixing that too.

First class is family owned and run. The old guy owner had like 4 boys and they all work in the shop. The oldest boy has taken over 90% of the management of the shop. One of the women is one of the wives. The boys are all car guys and race ducati motorcycles. They are Italian and love Italian machinery. When I get enough paint damage from tracking my 550m I'll have them respray it.

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I'd try Craig at Fastcars as well for sure.

shawdut likes this.
  5. bmw_e30

bmw_e30 Karting

Sep 25, 2016
    Los Angeles, CA
  6. kartboy1234

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    Thank you very much for all of the tips. Fastcars is the one I have used for servicing my TR. They probably wouldn't want to touch a lowly 996. I'll check out some of the recommendations and get quotes.

7. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    would you happen to own a maroon testarossa (or was it silver) in a great youtbe video?

About the bodywork, Craig from Fast Cars in Redondo would know the best place.

8. kartboy1234

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    Yep, Grigio Metallic over Red and Black filmed by Doug Demuro

ChipG likes this.
  9. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Call Gary at Ultimate Coach Craft in Culver City

10. kartboy1234

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    I'll give him a call and see what he says

11. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    Ron’s Body Shop. Just stop by the shop and take a look around.

12. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    rons in old Torrance?

13. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    Yes. I’ve taken all of my non-Ferraris there. My wife opened the driveway gate into the rear quarter of her black Landcruiser. Ron’s performed the repair. At the lease return inspection they couldn’t figure out that it was repaired. That’s how nice of a job they did. Over the years they’ve fixed plenty of cars and trucks for me. I‘ve recommended them to anybody looking for a body shop.

Ron is the owner and he demands excellence from his staff. He’s never going to win the Mr. Congeniality prize as a boss. The office and showroom are indicative of the kind of operation he runs.

14. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    First Class Auto Body, Harbor City, talk with Oscar, this shop is First Class for sure.

Thank you