This will probably be the most powerful F355 ever. | Page 3 | FerrariChat

This will probably be the most powerful F355 ever.

Discussion in '348/355' started by Flavio_C, Jan 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    I am not form the Porsche world, so I cant comment on how many 911 owners like to modify their cars. But from what I see from most Ferrari owners, is that aftermarket mods are just not that popular. But to each their own after all, anyone can do whatever they wish with their car.

2. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    I guarantee you that the average 911 owner will not be rushing to singers doors, although they might want to.
    I cant think of another car company that can add half a million dollars plus to an old car just by re imaging it.

3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #53 Qavion, Jan 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021

Some of Eagle's cars are 850,000UKP

4. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    I have been thinking about building a sleeper with both electric and gas, have you seen this electric hub wheel motors? They fit on over 1,000 different wheels

https://orbisdriven.com/

Also Yamaha has something similar in R&D right now ready to come out soon

tres55 likes this.
  5. Jackie and bill

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Lol, I bet you went straight to google :D
    Never seen the Volvo before, looks great.
    I have seen the eagle quite a few times, at places like Goodwood, also a few singers. I do know that the eagle does not come close to the quality of the singer Porsches.

6. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I subscribe to YouTube's "Carfection" (and a bucketload of other car channels*) and had already seen these videos, but yes, I used Google to relocate these videos quickly ;)

*The Smoking Tire, Harry's Garage, Carwow, Number 27, AutoTrader, Top Gear, **********, MotorTrend Channel, Tavarish, Fifth Gear, Petrolicious, MarchinettoEN, Elliott Caras, The Drive, Foose Design.....

7. Jackie and bill

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    I think every one watches YouTube mate.
    Your missing the car guys .tv by the way ;)

8. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Those guys tend to waffle a lot, but I do occasionally watch them. But we digress...

9. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Wow! First part of the turbo installation, with English subtitlles. The second part will be released this saturday.

10. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Second and final part of the installation. Looking forward for the mapping & dyno.

Qavion likes this.
  11. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Third part:

12. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    A closed carbon fiber "pan" was made and installed below the intercooler, with its lower surface covered with gold heat reflecting film, separating the hot side. The side intakes on the doors, that originally supplied cold air to the engine, are now directed to this carbon fiber pan, cooling the intercooler.

INTMD8, Jackie and bill and ShineKen like this.
  13. Kokose7en

Kokose7en Karting

Dec 5, 2019
    SF Bay Area
    There is this company that makes a hybrid conversion for 911. Aircooled or water cooled. It is an electric motor assist between the engine and gearbox. They are already doing installs, completely reversible. Adds 150hp with short range-EV drive. Straight sleeper on a 964 or 993.

http://vonnen.com/hybridizing-a-car/

Attached Files:

Nicolas21, ChipG and Flavio_C like this.
  14. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    That's cool.

15. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
    WOW! Almost makes me want to buy a 993 just to do this mod, very cool! at cars & coffie in malibu some guy had an all electric porsche 935 slantnose replica of the Rothmans, it was 100% electric and really cool.

16. Kokose7en

Kokose7en Karting

Dec 5, 2019
    SF Bay Area
    really cool idea for sure. You lose the frunk space though. The battery goes there. $75,000 installed

ChipG likes this.
  17. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Neat, but I'd rather just have a spare 993 :D

GTUnit likes this.
  18. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Sounds like a very nice solution

19. Joshman0531

Joshman0531 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2012
    Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Joshua Seidenberg
    I agree. If it was meant to have one, it would be sold as an option. Too delicate to eff it up with hopeful mods.

20. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I also don't see the point. Take a leaf from 360Trev's project...add lightness and focus on making the car drivable.

10.9 1/4 isn't even that fast these days.

21. michaelz

michaelz Karting

Jul 7, 2017
    Melbourne Australia
    A lot of these "builds" are just for youtube views.

In saying so though, that twin turbo Spider build was around 20 years ago, fast for back then and not for flexing online! At least that car went to put down a time. Twin turbo modenas were also rolling around but never seen them hit the track, it's more just to show off really.

For the type of people who want power, performance these days is so much easier with E85 and turbocharging of everything or just going EV. The F355 is now at an age where the owners are buying it for the experience not for what it can do.

Gizzi and Bas like this.
  22. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Another video, this time they ran a very interesting experiment. They mapped the car with the wastegates open, so no boost, to check how much HPs they could extract with the additional sensors and features of the Fueltech. 318 HP at the wheels, even though the turbo and the intercooler act as a bottleneck for the normally aspirated phase. Not bad. Looking forward how much it will produce with boost!

23. dt930

dt930 Karting

Dec 2, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    David C. Treichel
    Nice clean install, but at least they didn't modify a berlinetta

24. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    The car was sitting for 10 years and they bought it for 30k USD.

25. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Seems like this would be even easier on a 355 given there's no need to keep it as thin to maintain driveline alignment. Could replace the whole pumpkin. Plenty of room in the frunk for a battery pack. $75k is a bit steep, though. I think I'd do a toda build instead.

The turbos are interesting, but I feel misplaced on a 355. Would make more sense on a 348 where the engine isn't wound so tight to begin with.