430 - Which is the BEST Carbon Diffuser for F430 | FerrariChat

430 Which is the BEST Carbon Diffuser for F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ferrari1221, Jan 16, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari1221

Ferrari1221 Karting

Jan 14, 2017
    In need help, the bolts that hold on the diffuser got loose and the original Ferrari diffuser got pushed down on the road and warn off. So I was thinking of replacing the Diffuser with a Carbon one because it looks better in my opinion.

what do you guys think? A Ferrari carbon diffuser I heard costs 20k. But there are after market Carbon ones for less than two thousand dollars.

1. Should I upgrade to a aftermarket carbon fiber diffuser and if so which one.
    2. Is it too tuner boy to do this? I a, a traditionalist and like to keep my cars original, but I love the view of carbon fiber as long as it looks appropriate.

if you are one of those who likes this upgrade and/or has done it, what is the best carbon diffuser for our F430?

2. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    I have the exotic car gear carbon diffuser. All carbon...no backing fiberglass material like the ones from china. It's a LOT lighter than the stock diffuser. I'm happy with it. Good luck !

van22 and The4DA like this.
  3. Ferrari1221

Ferrari1221 Karting

Jan 14, 2017
    Flea7 Thanks for the info. So you have one for your F430? I looked up the company and the diffuser looks good, and only $1,799 without core charge. I looked at the ones from Fab Speed and they were more expensive. I want all carbon fiber too, worried about fiberglass composite carbon fiber LoL.

I have only one other one that I found that appeared to be made in China. For the life of me, I cannot tell from the pictures if these diffusers are not the same. Can you? If you have the Exotic Car Diffuser and it is all carbon I will go that way.

4. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    #4 Flea7, Jan 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    Yes...all carbon. Reach out to David at Exotic Car Gear. See pic below when I received mine. I don't have a pic of the back but it a shell of CF. I can lift this piece with my index finger. You will save a lot of weight.
    Make sure you get the 1x1 weave
    Its too bad ...you missed 15% off during black Friday / cyber monday.
    Also, I think I've said this before on this forum.....I will never buy fabspeed product for any of my cars again.

Good luck!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

DOWORKFCAR and van22 like this.
  5. Ferrari1221

Ferrari1221 Karting

Jan 14, 2017
    Thanks for the info. Nice car nice diffuser. I see you have some brake lights on the back of your differential that can be seen through the screen in the diffuser? Very nice. Is the screen on the diffuser hole thinner than the stock diffuser?

6. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    They are the same. Those in the picture with the F1 light is not the ones that comes with the diffuser. I custom made that one from titanium.

7. Ferrari1221

Ferrari1221 Karting

Jan 14, 2017
    So please tell me about the carbon Weave? You have different choices when you order? What is the one you used 1x1 as you indicated? What does that mean?

8. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    It the carbon weave pattern. It's the correct and most consistent with our cars.

9. Marcoboxer

Marcoboxer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    I currently have mine off the car if you’d like any specific pics. I think it’s a good quality piece, I’d echo Flea’s comments. PM me if you want pics.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. RichardCH

RichardCH F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 16, 2005
  11. Ferrari1221

Ferrari1221 Karting

Jan 14, 2017
  12. Ferrari1221

Ferrari1221 Karting

Jan 14, 2017
    I just need to figure out how to PM you :)

13. Ferrari1221

Ferrari1221 Karting

Jan 14, 2017
    Good to know, this is great help. Your diffuser looks awesome. (Oh know now I am dating myself with that statement LoL

14. Marcoboxer

Marcoboxer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2019
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Roberts
    On an iPhone, I hit your name and it pulls up a box where there’s an option on the left to message.

15. becausephilchow

becausephilchow Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2016
    Hong Kong
  16. Ferrari1221

Ferrari1221 Karting

Jan 14, 2017
    Hey not that it really matters, but what does the back side look like? Is it visible carbon fiber or painted?

17. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    umpolish carbon.

18. Ferrari1221

Ferrari1221 Karting

Jan 14, 2017
    Does it appear to be painted? I have seen one that is painted black over the carbon? The reason why I ask is I am trying to see what the differences are, appreciate your help.

19. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
  20. Ferrari1221

Ferrari1221 Karting

Jan 14, 2017
    Thank You for the info.

21. honda corse

honda corse Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2011
    Vancouver & Whistler
    Full Name:
    mark buchmann
    I recently replaced my damaged OEM diffuser with a carbon one from R Tuned. I would go with R Tuned or Oya. There may be a lot of "brands" out there, but only a few actually manufacture them. Check with user @becausephilchow he's a R Tuned Rep and can get you F Chat special pricing.

22. The4DA

The4DA Karting

Aug 31, 2018
    GA
    Full Name:
    RC
    Nah, not tuner boy. Looks really good from the rear. ;-) It does save a few pounds as a benefit. I was suprised at the weight of the OEM diffuser. I have the Exotic Car Gear rear diffuser as well. I was very happy with the quality of the piece. Especially with the lay of the weave and the flatness of the gel-coat. I purchased mine thru James @ Vivid Racing. He gives good pricing for F-chat members and very good customer service.

I also have a front spoiler in carbon from R tuned. I know @becausephilchow has taking over the R Tuned carbon processing. The piece I received was actually really nice and looks better than the pieces I've seen pics for in the past. Customer service from him was very good as well.

I think you will like either one.

Rob

23. Ferrari1221

Ferrari1221 Karting

Jan 14, 2017
    Thanks so much, this feedback from you is very useful. Yes, I am sure you know what I mean by tuner boy LoL. It is hard to tell from pictures the fit/finish of these products. It is kind of like going on a dating service someone once told me, everyone looks good until you actually meat them in person LoL. So it is good to have first hand reports from actual Ferrari owners who have gone on those dates LoL.

24. Ferrari1221

Ferrari1221 Karting

Jan 14, 2017
    I wonder which looks better? Painted black on the back or exposed Rough carbon fiber? I have not seen a picture of the carbon fiber, only the painted black fiber example and it did not look bad in my opinion. I imagine the paint will provide a little protection from fluids etc.?

25. The4DA

The4DA Karting

Aug 31, 2018
    GA
    Full Name:
    RC
    Not sure how much difference it will make painted on the back side. Probably wouldn't hurt adding a layer. Maybe putting some PPF on the back may help. Since it wouldn't need to be laid perfect. Just added as a layer of protection from chemicals??? Here's a couple pics of mine.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login