NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 47 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    and yet Top Gear said there would be what they referred to as a "Stradale" version of the F8 coming along just as Porsche was planning a 992 GT3 "RS" version. Their European editor Georg Kacher always has the insider scoop on future products at all the car makers. This new F8 was to compete with the 765LT.

2. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Was this on the magazine or the website?

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Time will tell. Do you have a link to that info? Odd they would call the F8 special edition a Stradale when they already have an SF 90 Stradale

4. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Stradale means road-going so, yeah, a bit nonsensical.

I expect they mean the special end-of-run version which has followed from the 360 CS (Competizione Stradale)—hence Stradale—and includes Scuderia, Speciale and Pista.

That or they don’t know what Stradale means. :D

Scudmsl likes this.
  5. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Happy to be proven wrong in a few months time but this doesn't seem to make sense: more power & faster but cheaper ?

It'll cost way more to develop & produce so smaller numbers also does not seem to be logical

6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Top Gear NOVEMBER 2020 page 072 first paragraph top of the page.

LMH and SoCal to az like this.
  7. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Power IIRC is the same but engine obviously weaker.

I still believe there will be a F8 VS but that's IMO.

That's why they have developed the universal frame.

8. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
  9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Holy crap! That looks really good. So much better than sf90!

sp1der and Pis7a2020 like this.
  10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  11. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    SoCal to az likes this.
  12. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    ^To be clear, that is no doubt just a rendering.

I’m going to stay out of the F8 VS debate. For as many people who have gotten it confirmed that there won’t be one, history suggests otherwise. When the F430 was out, there were plenty of members on here that claimed it was “confirmed” there would be no CS version. When the 458 was out, many more “confirmed” there would be no Scuderia version.

Even considering the fact that the F8 is supposed to be a stop-gap car meant as a tribute to all the prior V8’s, if I’ve learned anything from the past, it is best to wait and see what happens before ruling the F8 VS out.

Doug23 and MANDALAY like this.
  13. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I don’t know about the past confirmations but some serious insiders have said no vs. time will tell.

ferrarifanatic25 likes this.
  14. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Don’t be fooled by the large wheels and acceptable fender gaps in that rendering.

Thecadster, adall, Napoli and 3 others like this.
  15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Needs Novitec. :)

16. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Its not real - just Photoshop BS

crinoid likes this.
  17. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    To me it looks far too close to the SF90.. I hope LB has a little personality on it own.

F2003-GA likes this.
  18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1168 Shadowfax, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    Looks more a hotchpotch between F8 and SF90. The design is nothing i'd rave about personally. Not sure what they want to achieve with the same black helmet look as Sf90 - a hideous disaster. The drive train certainly doesn't excite me either. That all said it at least looks better than SF90 which wasn't too hard a task for the design team to improve upon I would have thought....but maybe i'm wrong and they spent years coming up with it. Who knows any more. With SF90 it looked to me to be a case where they painted themselves into a corner and it was cheaper to close the book on it. Pista and F8 owners have never looked better ...on very safe ground. Let's just hope and prey the cover shot is just a bad rendering.

Ferrari 360 CS likes this.
  19. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    It’s the SP Deborah nose PhotoChopped onto the front of the SF90.

F2003-GA and Napoli like this.
  20. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    To me they are going to borrow a lot of the engine tech from the Maserati MC 20 but bump it up a bit. That Nuetrino motor looks really sweet.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

adall and F2003-GA like this.
  21. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Pretty sure that it’s simply a magazine rendering, and historically those are never close as the final product nor do they show the fine details. I have trust in the design team, when the SF90 came out I thought it was ugly as hell, now that I’ve seen photos and videos of actual cars on roads I think it’s brilliant. Imho CGI never looks good.

22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Actually when I saw it in the showroom it still looked as ugly as hell. Maybe when its on the road it gets better somehow - but I'm not sure how. Maybe the lovers should point me to where they get their special rose tinted glasses from or maybe they've all just been blinded by the badge.

PS Mayor: I would take the v6 Masa over the F -LB as at least it looks good and will probably sound better too.

Ferrari 360 CS likes this.
  23. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I never understood why they made the F8, also because it comes after the 488 and also after the special version of the 488. The F8 is a redesign of the 488, with Pista technologies and f-ducts. I fear there is no successor to the F8. No special version. It was also handy while waiting for the SF90.. A sort of "filler" between the thermal era and the hybrid/electric era. Please welcome brand new V6s

24. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Pretty much. Good eye, Crinoid! Though, it succeeds in looking better than both.

crinoid likes this.
  25. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    #1175 wthensler, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    So Acura with their NSX has had it right all along? When did they introduce their new V-6 hybrid - 2017? Sales are in the basement - they sold only 128 units last year. But their spin is that it helps promote the overall brand, which we know extends far and deep beyond the NSX.

With an MSRP of $157k, I’ll bet you could practically walk off the lot with one without the dealer batting an eye. I wonder how LB will fare, and how competition of this sort will influence the LB’s MSRP. And further, how it will be spun to the public.

Unless there are some major technological surprises, Ferrari advertising has its job cut out.........

Rooting for Ferrari here, but dunno, looks like rough seas.

P.S. someone obviously started the LB name, which is appropriate, but is there an official name yet?