Malibu Country Market cars & coffee | FerrariChat

Malibu Country Market cars & coffee

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by srslusso, Dec 17, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    Help save this Cars & Coffee type event in
    Malibu! With places to get together being shut down due to Covid and other problems this has become a wonderful place for all of us Car fans to get together.
    The problem is we are using all their parking
    For their customers. Most of the stores open at 10:00 am so if we all leave at 9:45 am there should be no problem for the merchants I was asked by a few tenants to convey this to the car loving community!

Mmckee and Manda racing like this.
  2. albert328gts

albert328gts Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    When is the next meet? And yes we need to be courteous to the Shop Owners.

3. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D
    It's every Sunday so there should be one this coming Sunday

albert328gts likes this.
  4. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    It’s not going to happen this Sunday. The city paid out and hired three Deputies to work just this event from 7 to noon.

I’ve been there many times and what started off as a great gathering turned into a huge s**t show later in the morning.

People were double parking, revving engines, burning out, loud exhaust......... Around 9
    am it’s a great place to see 20 or 30 of the same Model BMWs or Camaros all next to each other taking up a huge percentage of the lot.

Unfortunately car people (yea I know it’s not the ones on this forum) had a good thing and blew it for all. I wish those morons would have stayed in the Valley.

5. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    So was the event shut down?

Did the sheriff stop people parking their cars there?

May the Horse be with you

6. B R

B R F1 Rookie

Aug 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    B R
    Not shut down, but the Sherriff units were there, writing no front plate tickets. Kind of a passive aggressive way to discourage attendance.

TestShoot likes this.
  7. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    The vast majority of the parking lot was shut down. The 30 or so spots in front of Malibu Kitchen were open due to that area being out of control of the property management. At 9 am cars were allowed to park all over due to business owners complaining resulting in the lot being filled up to about 90 percent capacity but their was still parking for people who just wanted to come in and support the businesses.

8. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Why don’t they move to the other side of PCH.

That car park is large an no one is ever there.

albert328gts likes this.
  9. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca

That would make to much sense. Im thinking the powers that be are probably wishing it was back at Trancas. Trancas was no where near the problems that the current location is.

10. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    It’s definitely time to move on to a new location.

11. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    The Sheriffs are going to be back this Sunday. Condor Man has the right idea. Move it across the street.

12. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    Across the street where?

13. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    In the Ralph’s, CVS and Ollo car park on the other side of PCH from the Country Mart and North a little.

srslusso likes this.
  14. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Some website guy pointed out it's three different lots on the East side of PCH at Cross Creek and that's just on the South side of Cross Creek,there's a smaller shopping center across Cross Creek which also has two places serving food) I was there last Sunday from 7 a,m, (I am an artist looking for a car to depict) and the Sheriffs were there at 7 am trying to discourage people and writing tickets for no front plates (or even no registration) but it's a fine line they are treading--stores in Malibu make their money off tourists from inland, cut them off too much and you're heading toward a ghost town. I agree that visitors should decamp by 9:45 and quit with the revving of the engines (aw right you got a motor, so what?) . Everybody I saw had a mask. The west side of PCH (a parking lot five times as big) doesn't have access to coffee as easily (maybe in the huge grocery store) and is too spread out but I notice a Lamborghini group --10 to 12 cars--meets there (all speaking some strange Eastern European accent--proof that you can make it in America). I don't want to see the present gathering at Malibu village move but if it will save the (non) event until the pandemic is over, it' a partial solution.

present location is the spear shaped patch pointed upward in this photo (if the photo loads...)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    The parking lot was opened at 8am last Sunday. Most of the businesses their are getting the shaft due to this show.

For the past 2 weekends the show has not been as crazy as it used to be. If a non car enthusiast wants a place to park and shop he/she can find one with a little work but I would have to think that most people would see this mess and just go somewhere else.

Across the street their is a Starbucks and other places easily within walking distance to get coffee. Tourism is virtually non existent right now in Malibu due to time of year and virus.

16. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    They can't arrest anyone anymore so they gotta do something?

FERRARI-TECH likes this.
  17. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    Yea they are just trying to discourage people from showing up. If it was 300 bums hanging out in the parking lot, drinking and urinating in public they wouldn't do a thing. Until they completely close the parking lot their is nothing they can do. As of yesterday there was no word that they were going to enforce it again. It may happen but they are probably getting sick of spending the money.

Mmckee likes this.
  18. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Red 27 likes this.
  19. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Who is dat gray haired bum? I see him everywhere, always in some wierdo car? I heard he sometimes sleeps in his car. Seriously that store in the background Malibu Kitchen, saves a place for him by roping it off so there's at least one store there that WANTS the crowd to come.

Red 27 likes this.
  20. srslusso

srslusso Formula Junior

Mar 17, 2005
    Encino,Ca.
    Full Name:
    Steve S.
    Do you know the attitude of the owners & tenants of the other shopping center on the west side of PCH ? This center home to ONNO restaurant etc. Has a larger parking lot and would be easy for most people to transition to until COVID-19 crisis is over & other locations resume hosting. Malibu could allow a couple of ports-potties if necessary (3)

21. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    I have no idea but I could only imagine that they would get upset to if their parking lots were full however.....the two biggest businesses there, Ralph’s and CVS probably wouldn’t care as much as the independent owner of a small business.

The beginning of the end for the current location was when all the idiots started showing up and completely took over the lot.

Ralph’s CVS lot is obviously a lot bigger so it shouldn’t be as much of a problem. At least until Summer.

22. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    Once again the smaller area lot in front of Malibu Kitchen is separate from the rest of the lot and their management company doesn’t care.

23. FERRARI-TECH

FERRARI-TECH Formula 3

Nov 9, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari-tech
    civic center way has a bunch of parking, and the car park behind the office building there is huge and empty... no shop owners to piss off.... if everyone just used a little common sense...

24. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    So true. A lack of common sense is what got us into this problem to begin with. I do not think they are going to have any deputies exclusively working this show Sunday. They may just end up doing a few drive bys as I can only imagine the city will at least want them to show some presence without having to shell out the big bucks for them. The parking guys will probably be there though so if it is a concern people may want to temporarily put on a front plate.

25. cubbyman60

cubbyman60 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2004
    LA
    Anyone going this weekend?