What's For Dinner? | Page 621 | FerrariChat

What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
  2. surfwolf

surfwolf Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 14, 2012
    Bethany, OR
    Full Name:
    Michael Wolfe
    Good carpaccio is amazing! Looks good....

BrettC and Frank_C like this.
  3. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Every time I go to Italy that's what I always eat- a pizza margherita and carpaccio for lunch.

BrettC and surfwolf like this.
  4. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Its snowing here. A wet slushy snow, the roads are messy. I'm more worried about the other drivers. But don't feel like going out. So Kirkland pesto over linguine and have some sea scallops that I'll pan sear.

5. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Gross. I hate snow!

We did wagyu smash burgers on the gasser. Alas, no pics l as my phone was designated for following the Jupiter - Saturn conjunction. Pretty cool, watching something that won't happen again for 800 years.

I spread a little of this on my burger for sweet...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    harissa powder for spice, and a splash or two of Tabasco for heat.

T

6. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Snow does suck, but its better then our usual rain. My preference for snow over rain will last a few days. Lights keep flickering, glad dinner is almost ready! Was thinking Chinese for tomorrow, but reminded by my mom we are doing take out for Christmas Eve.

Speaking of Christmas, I'm surprised our grocery stores don't have prime rib on sale. Guess I'll bite the bullet and pay full price for Christmas day dinner. Feeding eight people this year.

7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Costco had a good deal on prime rib. Like $16/lb I think the wife said. Wife bought a 4 bone rib roast. Split it in half, will do one half on Xmas. Not sure how though...T

NbyNW and max930 like this.
  8. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    NbyNW, Stephanie and Camp Freddie like this.
  9. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I didn't check Costco. Its reasonably priced at the co op store, but they are very small. Two bones was the biggest. I need a big one to feed eight people on Christmas day. Have two turkey's, they are on sale. I like something more special on Christmas, so I'll just buy one at the butcher shop.

10. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I'm craving Chinese food again. Sweet and sour pork and wonton soup. Haven't had wonton soup in ages, we usually order hot and sour. But our Christmas Eve dinner is Chinese, so I'll have to wait. I'll end up doing the burger special at Triple O's.

Stephanie likes this.
  11. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

wax likes this.
  12. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

In my first house I bought back in ‘93 (?) the previous owner left a can of PBR in the fridge. I still have that unopened can. Vintage PBR?!

BrettC and ronfrohock like this.
  13. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

#15513 NbyNW, Dec 22, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    Channeling @tomc ^. Picked this up at Wegmans this morning. My early shopping right after they open at 6am - their meat guy was setting up as I got there. Two bone. Thinking Christmas Eve. It’s resting in the fridge.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

This was my inspiration.

Edit... I also got the fixings for Yorkshire pudding.

wax likes this.
  14. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Those prime rib look good. I'm getting mine tomorrow. Called the butcher shop and they have a five rib for me. Forget the price.

Brother is over we are going to Costco. Getting dinner before we go. Deciding between cheeseburger and fries at Triple O's or get a pizza from Pizza Hut delivered.

15. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    arizonaitalian and NbyNW like this.
  16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That's nice looking size for a two bone rib roast. Don't forget the horseradish!

Wife got a four bone prime rib roast at Costco. Sliced it in half. Not sure how I'm going to do it. Am thinking smoker then finish hot in the oven.

Do report on the yorkshire pudding. Have wanted to try that, but super hot grease would likely relegate that to an outdoor event.

Turkey enchiladas tonight. Salsa verde.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    T

arizonaitalian and NbyNW like this.
  17. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
  18. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

TexasF355F1 and arizonaitalian like this.
  19. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I like turkey in enchiladas over chicken. I bought two small turkeys on sale, just for that purpose.

Don't know what's for dinner tonight. Have left over pizza, might save that for dinner. Stores and restaurants are a zoo here, want to avoid going out. Have to pick up my families prime rib today and no more stores until the new year. A drug store chain here (Shoppers Drug Mart) is open Christmas day and is pretty empty. If I need something in a pinch I'll go there Christmas day.

20. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Are you doing the Alton Brown Method for both?

Cooked our 2-Bone a couple of days ago - omnomnom.

---

Weord on the streets is we're frying up some Chicken Breasts for Christmas Eve/Day.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

21. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

We’ll probably follow his method for the 2-bone PR. It’s resting in the fridge until Friday wrapped in cheese cloth.
    For the pudding the wife likes to do that in a cast iron muffin pan thing. It’s been a really long time so still planning.

For Christmas Eve we’re doing a fish bouillabaisse. Cod, shrimp, scallops, and lobster. No clams or oysters... I’ll turn green. One of these days I’ll try oysters again to see if I’m still allergic. Growing up I was fine, loved them.

22. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Five bone in prime rib set me back $112, didn't check the per lb. price. Despite being metric for the last 40 years or so, stores still give the per lb. price for old people. I lived in the states long enough, I no longer remember metric...............................

Ate the pizza for lunch. Defrosted a moms spaghetti sauce. Decided spaghetti and Kirkland Italian style meatballs for dinner tonight.

We don't give presents to adults in my family. We go out for dinner instead. Birthday's, the birthday person picks any restaurant. On Christmas Eve we usually do Chinese because they are the only restaurants open.

23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Me three! Thank you, Rob.
    Salad tonight to clear out the arteries, then we're all in on the Q.

Merry Christmas to you and indeed everyone here on F-chat.

T

24. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    As kids, we would negotiate presents among myself, brother and sister. Since we didn't have much, we wanted to make sure no one got a dud.
    Mom & dad usually gave us clothes. ☹️

I give the wife a list, she chooses from that. Last year - new tires for the Ferrari. Cha-ching! This year in hoping for a spa day for the 911.

No pics of our salad, because this is F-chat and salads ain't big around here.

T

Camp Freddie, wax and NbyNW like this.
  25. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas