458 - Pics of your 458/488 in regular parking spots | Page 14 | FerrariChat

458 Pics of your 458/488 in regular parking spots

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by billboboy, Apr 17, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariTexan

FerrariTexan Rookie

May 25, 2019
    Near San Antonio
    Full Name:
    FerrariTexan
  2. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
    Her familiar spot at the bourbon store ... and no that is not a handicapped spot. :)

[​IMG]

spyder625, Hypek9, buhareb and 5 others like this.
  3. Rexcat458

Rexcat458 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Steve
    spyder625 and soulsea like this.
  4. axlesofevil

axlesofevil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    rob5819 likes this.
  5. JonnySK

JonnySK Karting

Jun 28, 2020
    대한민국
    Full Name:
    Jonny

That was a very interesting read, and I can confirm that it's pretty much accurate. The vast majority of high-end cars here are of the luxury variety (Rollers, Bentleys, Maybachs etc), although down where I live in Busan, I see a surprising amount of (stock) exotics.

If you want to mod your car, you are incredibly limited in what you can do - both by the law, and in terms of availability of parts. As with everything else, the Korean government regulates driving to death. The suffocating rat-maze of government rules in every aspect of life is my single biggest complaint about living here - but overall, it can still be a great place, depending on your circumstances.

I will offer a counterbalance to the doom-and-gloom of the article. I have lived and worked in 8 different countries, and my decision to buy my first exotic in Korea was considered. Here are the upsides:

- Zero crime or vandalism. Can park it absolutely anywhere and never have to worry about anyone messing with it. Huge deal. I have friends with expensive rides in London and they're afraid to street-park them, ergo, they rarely get to use and enjoy them.

- People don't hate you because you drive an expensive car. In the UK, you are the anti-Christ. The British (I am one) are largely jealous, mealy-mouthed, success-hating layabouts. Couldn't wait to get out. In Korea, people are either indifferent, or see it as something to aspire to and give the thumbs-up.

- The speed cameras on the highway act like 'checkpoints'. The navigation warns you about exactly where they are, so everyone just slows en masse, crawls under the camera, and then mashes the throttle. They can do this, because I NEVER see cop cars cruising on the highway or setting up random speed traps. In Australia the f--ckers wait at the bottom of hills and hide under bridges and jump out to nail you if you're 1km over the limit (not kidding).

- Large swathes of highway are void of cameras. I have done speeds which I don't dare mention. I regularly blow past people on the highway and I have never been reported to five-o by a butt-hurt Kia driver toting dash-cam footage.

- Exotics are priced well, for Asia. My '17 488 GTB (11k miles) set me back around $270k including tax. Same car in Singapore? Well over $600k. Malaysia? Same. Australia? $330k. And because they're rare here, and due to brand strength, Ferraris tend to hold their value well once they're over the initial 2-3 year depreciation hit. Gas is not bad at all - can fill the tank for less than $100. Insurance is rough - $12k p.a. - but it covers literally everything, including driver error / criminal negligence! I could get wasted and total it, and they'd pay for a full repair. Never heard of anything like that anywhere else in the world. Cheaper, less comprehensive coverage is available.

- Especially if you live in Busan, there are tons of trips to make. Lots of hills, tight and twisty roads, other cities to visit, I stuck it on a ferry and thrashed around Jeju island for a week. I used to see tons of exotics when I lived in Singapore, and felt sorry for them. All that power and nowhere to go...

I was actually planning to start another thread in the General forum about the best places in the world for exotic ownership. Would love to hear people rate their backyards - might influence my future choice of residence...

GSF355, m3doc, r6elmo and 5 others like this.
  6. Whatupdoc

Whatupdoc Karting

Feb 17, 2020
  7. Whatupdoc

Whatupdoc Karting

Feb 17, 2020
  8. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Northern Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    Marc C
  9. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    The 458 spider is such a beautiful master piece

Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk

10. Whatupdoc

Whatupdoc Karting

Feb 17, 2020
    Couldn’t agree more
    Really special car, especially compared to the more modern supercars with all of their scoops, intakes , vents etc.

2014 458 Spider (sold)
    2020 Huracan Evo Spyder (sold)
    2018 488 Spider

11. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    Did you lower it or it was oem?

12. Whatupdoc

Whatupdoc Karting

Feb 17, 2020
    Completely OEM

2014 458 Spider (sold)
    2020 Huracan Evo Spyder (sold)
    2018 488 Spider

Adamtensta likes this.
  13. Steveinfl

Steveinfl Karting

May 14, 2016
    Hilton Head SC and Chicago IL
    Full Name:
    Steven Clayton
  14. Viper830tt

Viper830tt Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 10, 2017
    The same in my area: Black-white-shade of gray-conservative dark shades of red or blue. That's the spectrum these days (I guess I have a dark blue car so I am guilty too). I saw a photo of a parking lot from San Francisco in the 1970's. Wow what a difference. I feel like high-fiving people that get green or tangerine cars.

15. Adamtensta

Adamtensta Karting

Jan 9, 2019
    Scandinavia
    Full Name:
    Adam Tensta
    Rosso Scuderia Image Unavailable, Please Login

mdrums, rob5819 and soulsea like this.
  16. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2014
    Northern Atlanta Area
    Full Name:
    Marc C
    Thank you...yes it is

Steveinfl likes this.
  17. Wingzero

Wingzero Rookie

Aug 17, 2020
    Hong Kong
  18. Nel1

Nel1 Karting

Jul 11, 2012
    Looks awesome!
    The wheels look perfect on it. What wheels are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pazzo009 likes this.
  19. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
  20. Pazzo009

Pazzo009 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed