Buyers & Sellers Beware: CNC Motorcars, Upland California | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Buyers & Sellers Beware: CNC Motorcars, Upland California

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by m5guy, Dec 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Graz

Graz Formula 3

Oct 15, 2012
    New Jersey and Florida
    Full Name:
    Graziano
    Unfortunately when doing business today one can’t rely on somebody else’s word. Ethics and integrity are irrelevant in their world. Sadly this is particularly true with car dealers. Mediocrity is the new norm in this and other businesses. I learned the hard way to never, never, EVER give up the title of your car to anyone unless you are paid for the car. If you’re trading a car in never send the title unless you have confirmation that they have the title in hand and it’s on its way for the car you’re buying from them. You have to be tough on these people. They don’t deserve anything less.

tomc likes this.
  2. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    im not sure if im following. you consigned your 360 f1. For arguments sake, lets say the car sold for $80K and they took $5k for the vig. so instead of getting $75K they give you $45k and tell you to take a hike?

3. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    I have heard minor rumblings about a decline in the quality of their relationships.

The place I have heard the several horror stories about is Cars Dawydiac in San Francisco.
    The issues I have heard always are about sellers not realizing their proceeds after the application of "mystery fees and costs"....

4. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    I always knew the name and knew them to be held in high regard. Just checked out their website for the first time in a while and holy cow is that one huge facility with a lot of overhead

dustman and Manda racing like this.
  5. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    I've been in there, its a beautiful set up, huge, 1st class. No affiliation.

6. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    WORTH READING !!!!!!

7. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    Looks can be deceiving .... Compounds when your inventory is paid for and owned by others.
    They send out several email blasts a week seaking consignment cars.

Success takes time to build but failure is as fast as falling off a cliff .....

LI2782 likes this.
  8. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

The way I read it , there was a note on the car that was paid and then they gave him a check for the difference. After that they stopped payment on the OP’s check.

Texas Forever likes this.
  9. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    That's the way I read it. The correct way to do that transaction is to pay off the note, get the title, and then convey the title to the buyer once the money is in your hands.

Texas Forever and Cigarzman like this.
  10. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    Any reason from them as to why they haven’t sent your proceeds? Waiting on funds to clear?

When businesses start playing the take from Peter to Paul method it can go south so fast no one can stop the implosion.

11. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Good public service message from m5guy. Seems like I get constantly barraged by CNC saying their inventory is low and looking for cars to sell. They have always seemed like a pretty legit organization. Maybe their PPP money has run out.

12. carguyjohn350

carguyjohn350 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 7, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    John P
    Im shocked they havent responded. I was sure they were a forum sponsor.

13. ehrst

ehrst Karting

Jun 20, 2011
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    sse
    Thanks for posting. Important community information.

14. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I told my wife, who is also an attorney, about this thread. She said OP should not have posted. Says she no one will want to consign their cars with CNC, and they really won't be able to pay him back. I bet this thread will come to their attention and OP will get his money, probably from the next car sale!

isitaboat likes this.
  15. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
  16. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

ShineKen likes this.
  17. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    ShineKen likes this.
  18. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    They will not respond because I have very carefully explained exactly what has happened in the transaction, taking special care to use specific legal terms, and to avoid disparagement.

19. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    He doesn't. I followed them on instagram and found it odd that Cam and Fraser both left around the same time.

I bought my first 355 from there and don't have any complaints. It would be sad to see such a dealer with really nice inventory and a good reputation (or at least I thought they had one) go south.

ShineKen and carguyjohn350 like this.
  20. Jon Christy

Jon Christy Rookie

Apr 16, 2020
    Anaheim, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jon Christy
  21. jordanfsl

jordanfsl Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I vaguely recall the thread when they were building that new massive showroom. Over expansion maybe and carrying too much debt?

the odd part is that most exotic dealers I’ve spoken with are having record years.

dustman, Thecadster and ShineKen like this.
  22. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
  23. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
  24. m5guy

m5guy Formula 3

Aug 17, 2008
    Ventura, CA.
    Full Name:
    Greg
    F-Chatters, this situation has now unfortunately turned to Fraudulent Conveyance as the Dealer also issued a stop payment to my Lienholder Penfed after receiving the electronic transfer of the title. Penfed and I have different paths moving forward in order to be made whole, so I will not comment on what Penfed is doing. Mine starts with both the Civil and Criminal Complaints. The dealer can of course cure both Defaults at any time by properly remitting funds. I have posted 2 documents for proof of my statements: (1) The returned check they originally issued to me; (2) The stop payment record at Penfed, noted on my account as a Returned Check Fee and a reinstatement of the loan balance.

Again, as my original posts states, proceed with extreme caution if considering a buy or sell side transaction with this dealer. Or don't proceed at all.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    So now, not only have they not paid you the difference but they have also not paid the lien holder, and basically are stealing the car?