812 VS Rumors | Page 116 | FerrariChat

812 VS Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Frenzisko, Feb 10, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    8 1 2 could be the total number built. The tdF was for comparison 799 cars built...

JagShergill likes this.
  2. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Broadly speaking- after several moths of COVID disruption worldwide , imho , 812 -1000 coupes and 299-499 Aperta is a range that makes sense from both a business and customer loyalty perspective ... I’m guessing that yes , there will be a hundred or so top hitters that will have been earmarked as a default and will be starting to get ‘Nods’ from now , but I doubt that many of even those will have been officially shown/discussed performance etc - the 1st that most of us will hear is when late February /early March after an online ‘private’ launch , the 1 to 1s are at full pace ..... I expect 880 bhp, angry aero features , N/A ICE, etc - all guesswork , all hopefully packaged to be delivered within total in 12 months as the final hurrah of the V12 NA monster .... took my 812 coupe ( non GPF) out today in the cold . I found an old short cold tunnel in the countryside - Bliss! Imagining more of the same in the VS, but so so enjoying the 812 in itself to such an extent that the VS is hard to imagine being markedly better /more engaging /louder/more fun than the standard 812... but it will be !! The Vs will be 1 Very Special Ferrari ...

KenU, Solid State, junc and 2 others like this.
  3. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I agree with you, the 812 is spectacular its hard to imagine the VS being markedly "better" but I suspect even if the car is not massively faster the experience will be even more intense. My guess is 850 hp with probably 70 kg less weight but what I really hope is that the purity of the 812 design is not lost. Interesting aside is that with the 812 coupe no longer in production it might give Ferrari scope to radically alter the styling of this VS much like what happened with the F12 TDF.

JagShergill likes this.
  4. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    That would be interesting to see ....

5. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    My dream scenario would be,
    - 812 VS coupe is an amazing last hurrah for the pure ICE V12. Limited by demand (1500 people would buy a US$500k+ car?). So a nobody like me might have a chance at getting one spec’ed.
    - 812 VS aperta to be limited in numbers to please the elite.
    - one last pure ICE V12 Icona car to please the elite of elite.

This should also translate to big profits and long term increase of true fan base.

456-boy, Tommy Boy and SeattleStew like this.
  6. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    #2881 Napoli, Dec 6, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    One last (if it has to be) pure ICE 12C standard production Icona to please everyone (who can afford one). :cool:

*Preferably, as the new Testarossa. Rear/mid-engine, (boxer?), of course.

512tr1992 and Scudmsl like this.
  7. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    A bit confused why you think the F12 TdF has radically altered styling than the F12B. I think most would think its the usual VS treatment inside and out and not a radical departure.

8. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    The rear of the TDF is significant different to the F12B, the vents on the back, the angle of the rear glass and the front bumper is also significantly different to the standard car.

Lukeylikey and Caeruleus11 like this.
  9. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    The next Icona won’t be announced until 2022 and I think it will be 8 cylinder (have a guess what).
    I think both VS will be limited in numbers

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

JagShergill, F140C, ppg70 and 2 others like this.
  10. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    I can already imagine an F40 or 288GTO tribute based on the next iteration of the SF90 (probably the SF90 VS).

11. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I am guessing due to Asseto Fiorano pack there will be no VS just the Icona F40.
    cc @George330

9nb likes this.
  12. ilcapodizurigo

ilcapodizurigo Karting

Oct 16, 2019
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    John Meier
    Did anyone actually receive any concrete offers from dealers? Does anyone know for a fact there will be both VS coupe and convertible or only coupe?

13. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I think so too. IIRC, a couple of reliable sources a while ago said Ferrari went down a different path, no VS this time...I guess they were hinting at a SF90-based Icona.

9nb likes this.
  14. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    No GPF imminent in USA, per news in today's WSJ.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/epa-wont-tighten-soot-standards-11607353015?mod=hp_lead_pos7

EPA Won’t Tighten Soot Standards
    Agency decides that soot-pollution rules are adequate; research suggests that tougher standards could save lives

Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Andrew Wheeler had recommended keeping the status quo for soot in April.
    PHOTO: POOL/REUTERS
    Dec. 7, 2020 9:56 am ET

WASHINGTON—Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Andrew Wheeler has decided to retain current standards for soot pollution, retaining fine-particle pollution limits adopted in 2012 that set the bar at 12 micrograms per cubic meter of air.

EPA staff scientists in a draft report last year said key studies could support imposing tougher standards of between 8 and 10 micrograms per cubic meter. The report cited estimates that limits within that range could cut mortality risks by more than 20%, potentially saving more than 12,000 lives a year.

EPA officials said they decided to keep current standards after review by a scientific advisory committee and considering public comments. U.S. particulate matter levels are 20% lower than France, Germany and Great Britain, five times below the global average and six times below levels in China, officials said.

“The EPA under the Trump Administration has continued America’s leadership in clear air, lowering our particulate matter levels to well below those of many of our global competitors,” Mr. Wheeler said in a statement. “Maintaining these important standards will ensure Americans can continue to breathe some of the cleanest air on the planet.”

The EPA considered revising the standards for particulate pollution because the Clean Air Act requires a review of standards every five years, although these deadlines had frequently lapsed in past years.

Mr. Wheeler recommended keeping the status quo in April, and that recommendation becomes final with a decision scheduled to be formally announced Monday afternoon.

Keeping soot standards at current levels was backed by chemical, oil and other industry groups that bear the costs of implementing the higher standards. Environmentalists and others supported tougher standards, saying they would benefit children with asthma, coronavirus victims and minority communities, which are disproportionately affected by soot.

Particulate matter forms in the atmosphere as a result of smokestack and tailpipe emissions. The standard by itself doesn’t force any polluter to shut down, but the EPA and state regulators use it as the basis for other rules that target pollution from specific sources.

Heavy industry had fought the Obama administration in 2012 when the EPA last reviewed the limits and dropped them to the current 12 micrograms per cubic meter from the prior limit of 15.

In his four years in office, President Trump has sought to make environmental regulations more friendly to business. That has included rolling back some environmental measures, or keeping the status quo.

A similar proposal at EPA is pending to retain ozone pollution limits.

The agency is also developing limits for how much it can use public-health benefits to justify major new air regulations.

15. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy

16. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    US dealers typically know less than some of the posters on FChat - some of whom have great insider knowledge. The stuff coming from dealers is almost always geared to getting us to buy more cars.

Ltfor3, pt95, JagShergill and 4 others like this.
  17. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Will be not hybrid.

of2worlds and 9nb like this.
  18. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    trc, skinguy23, Thecadster and 13 others like this.
  19. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Don’t get it.
    Apart the hypercar, a rear engined V12 is in the pipeline ?

20. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  21. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    That's my point. Bumpers and fins are the standard VS mod and have been for a long time. Nothing radical about the variance. The interior is identical with a few finishes changed. Otherwise standard F12 fair and that's not a bad thing.

22. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    There will be both coupe and convertible. Dealers are not in a position to offer anything right now. Like all special series cars they will receive a list of clients to be offered the car first (directly from Ferrari) and the process will start there. Depending on how many of those clients take the car, dealers will submit more names etc.

This is how the process worked last time, so I assume it will work again in a similar manner. Given that both models will most likely be numbered, the process will be far more rigid than the one followed on the Pista

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

23. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    And to my best understanding that process has just begun.

24. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    The tdF presented numerous design changes in the views by Mr Manzoni here.
    There were also numerous changes to the mechanical specification which changed the look of the tdF as well. That bigger front and rear tire track and new motor work all contributed to the very changed character of the tdF.
    From hints provided the new VS will also provide a new wilder design of the 812 envelope and exhibit a more refined aggression when it comes to lap times; a favoured arbiter of progress. The secret weapon will be a new tire design spec for the VS.

carlom001, Garretto, Maggio23 and 3 others like this.
  25. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Some of the signature launch colours of new models have been cleverly chosen recently - 488 Spider (Blu Corsa), 812 (Rosso 70 Ani), SF90 Spider (Giallo Montecarlo). The TDF used Giallo Tri Strato - not a new colour but quite bold. What would be a good launch colour tone for 812 TDF, what will they go with do you reckon?

JagShergill and Caeruleus11 like this.