The Ontario Thread! | Page 897 | FerrariChat

The Ontario Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ClassicFerrari, Feb 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mj84

Mj84 Rookie

Dec 2, 2019
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mj
    Hi, I know this is an old thread. I am new to the forum and looking for some Toronto locals who have Ferrari 360 in particular who can give buying/owning advice. Read a lot of the threads on here from US threads. Interested in some input from the Canadian contingent. I live in Toronto west end and would love to hear from some local owners as to what to look for and any indy mechanics I should be aware of. I would be interested in seeing some of your vehicles as well at any events but I realise it is the wrong time of year for that but I am assuming it may be a long process finding the 'right car' cheers for any input anyone has.

Sorry if this post is I the wrong place I am very new to using forums!

Have a good day all!

2. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    Welcome! There are a few threads about servicing and indies. As you say, take your time. With 360s, there are so many around that you can afford to be picky. I'd give the guys at MVL in Oakville a shout, they have a good ability to find good cars for you.

3. Mj84

Mj84 Rookie

Dec 2, 2019
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mj
    Thanks for the advice!

4. Mj84

Mj84 Rookie

Dec 2, 2019
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mj
    Hi all. Currently looking at a 2000 Russo 360 modena F1, 19k, original owner, not heavily optioned, no electric seats. Body coloured grill at the rear. All maintence reported up to date at know indie garage. very minor stone chip and scratch repaired in the paintwork. Interior is in near perfect shape, no sticky buttons etc. What value would you put on a car like this or better yet what would you advise would be a fair price for this car assuming all checks out on a Ferrari PPI?

5. Mimmo Blue

Mimmo Blue Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2018
    Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Dom
    I will assume you are looking at a Canadian car so the 19K is kilometers? Is so then tires may still have good tread, but I would check the date codes on them. If the tires are old then your are looking at $2K-2.5K for new tires. My ballpark guess for a fair price would be around $95K.

6. Mj84

Mj84 Rookie

Dec 2, 2019
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Mj
    Hi Mimmo, thank you for the input. Yes the 19k is kms. The tires look pretty new but I didn't check the date code when I saw it. I will check out all of that stuff along with clutch wear and breaks etc in the PPI. Seems like the owners have been on top of everything on the vehicle.

Thanks for the price estimation too this is super helpful for me.

7. Halibrand

Halibrand Rookie

Feb 23, 2014
    At home practicing social distancing and getting restless. I feel fine but my mirror suggested (somewhat rudely) that I get some exercise. Down to the basement I go, toss in a dvd (that I haven't watched before) and climb onto the elliptical for a "run". Here's the fun part ... the dvd I picked was the first season of the original Get Smart ('65-'66) and in the very first episode Maxwell Smart hops into what appears to be convertible Ferrari, virtually identical (other than colour) to the kit Ferrari seen in Ferris Bueller's Day Off (which was a copy of a 1961 Ferrari 250 GT California). In the second episode he is seen in his Sunbeam Tiger.

I would guess the Ferrari was simply a studio executive's car borrowed for the pilot but it sure took me by surprise and put a smile on my face.

Reminds me of a similar story ... the wife was doing stuff around the house and the TV was on for no apparent reason. An episode of the Monkees was on some retro tv channel. The wife spots a blue car with white stripes that she couldn't identify so she called me to come see. I sit through a bit of the show then ... HO LEE CRAP, the "blue car with white stripes" is actually a legit Shelby Daytona Cobra Coupe (one of six or seven made). Stunned me ...

Sure, at the time the Comp Coupe was just an outdated race car but still ... took my breath away, unexpectedly seeing it on a silly show like the Monkees.

Stay safe out there folks :)

Nuvolari likes this.
  8. Halibrand

Halibrand Rookie

Feb 23, 2014
    Here's a link to the Get Smart Ferrari segment.

Jamie H and bernardo66 like this.
  9. Halibrand

Halibrand Rookie

Feb 23, 2014
    Here's a link to the Monkees/Shelby Comp Coupe episode.

10. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    Jamie H likes this.
  11. Jamie H

Jamie H Formula 3
    Owner

Aug 28, 2009
    Puslinch,ON
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    bernardo66 likes this.
  12. milannium

milannium Rookie

Nov 21, 2020
    #22412 milannium, Dec 5, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
    Hi All, does anyone have any recommendations for PPF and ceramic coating in the GTA? I'm also looking for recommendations for something like driver training/mentorship so I can learn more about how to improve driving on a track, as well as which tracks in the GTA you like to take your cars to in order to get the most performance and have the most fun driving in something other than gridlocked Toronto traffic. I'm taking delivery of my first one as soon as winter's over, and am excited to do something other than just use it as basic transportation to and from work

13. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    Taking delivery of a "first one" what?

14. milannium

milannium Rookie

Nov 21, 2020
    Hi Ragtop, thanks for the reply. It's a Roma . I think I am part of that "new customers for the Ferrari brand thanks to the Roma" demographic they they were going for with this model. It ticks the right boxes for me... I would like to get some advice from people on this forum about who they take their cars to for paint/underbody protection, and also where they can drive their cars at their full performance potential (as well as any other useful tips).

15. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Congratulations and drive her in good health.

What colour did you order?

16. silver_91

silver_91 Rookie

Oct 31, 2011
    vaughan,on
    Full Name:
    Angelo Savoia
    Auto Bath Elite for paint correction and ppf. They did two of my cars and I am very happy with their work.

milannium likes this.
  17. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    Congratulations! Beautiful Ferrari.

milannium likes this.
  18. milannium

milannium Rookie

Nov 21, 2020
    Thank you for the Recommendation!

19. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Hi Milannium suggest the Ferrari Club http://www.fcacanadaeast.com/fca/wp-content/uploads/flipbook/nov2020/index.html?page=1
    Also keep an eye on https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/fca-canada-east-region-events.354355/page-11 Thread
    [​IMG]

You can PM me if you have any questions.

Mario

milannium likes this.
  20. milannium

milannium Rookie

Nov 21, 2020
    Hi Joev, I unfortunately did not get the full Ferrari customization experience with this one (something to look forward to for next time, I suppose); there was a choice of taking one of the pre-configured models that FoO has coming for April (They have 2 pre-configured cars on order for demo: Black/Black or Blu Roma/Cuoio) or you have the option to custom spec a car and wait until some indeterminate time later in the summer; so I opted to go with one of the pre-configured models because it had most of the upgrades that I would've added anyway, so I could get it sooner. The only thing that is missing (for me) is the parking cameras for these tight Toronto parking stalls all over town, but the salesperson was so insistent that it "ruins" the look/lines of the car that there was no way I was able to convince him to get that added on. I went with the Blu Roma option.

of2worlds, JOEV and marioz like this.
  21. milannium

milannium Rookie

Nov 21, 2020
  22. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Well done - Blu Roma/Cuoio is a beautiful combo which will really show off the lines of this car. Looking forward to seeing your pictures in April.

23. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Which salesperson was that? Perhaps he was so insistent because the spec couldn't be changed and he wanted you to get into the earlier car. The car presumably has parking sensors which should be sufficient, but the camera is better for peace of mind.

milannium likes this.
  24. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Reverse camera is stock equipment but there is a surround camera option that places these huge and hideous cameras on the mirrors.

25. milannium

milannium Rookie

Nov 21, 2020
    #22425 milannium, Dec 6, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2020
    Hi Nuvolari.... yes it was the cameras in the mirrors adding that extra bulk that were the issue for aesthetics ... in this day and age of microscopically sized HD cameras in cell phones, you'd think they would be able to invisibly integrate a camera into something the size of a car.