NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER) | Page 44 | FerrariChat

NEW MID ENGINED V6 (LITTLE BROTHER)

Discussion in '296' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    It looks like the LB final form in wrap, apparently will be offered with V6 turbo(only) and V6 turbo+hybrid...
    can't be a V12 with only 2 exhaust pipes...unless they had a much larger diameter or the V12 was under 4L displacement...but, this is a wrapped car, I presume it is the LB final form

2. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Seems differents to me

Igor Ound likes this.
  3. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Don’t think so, looks like a 488 with sf90 headlights to me

9nb likes this.
  4. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    which is what the sf90 is. Very similar to the design language of a 488. So it makes sense the little brother follows the same Design language.

5. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Could that be the headline after the reveal?...stay tuned...

6. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I believe he’s referring to the white “mule” with the homemade scoops, SF90 headlights and mirrors (probably to integrate them into the electrical circuit and most likely changed for production) and the likely V6. This should be LB.

The “wrapped” car, identified as a V12, is most likely a mule for LaF replacement (remember the power train for that car was tested in a 458 mule) but no way a production car—not with tacked on wheel flares at the rear.

Senna1994 and Igor Ound like this.
  7. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I believe that "wrapped car" is not a V12, and that this is the LaF replacement test mule:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

the sound in the varryx video of the "v12" is not a "v12" sound, and I presume it is a V6

Yes, I recall the 458 test mule for the LaF:

8. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    9nb likes this.
  9. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Probably the same light, it's just that is mounted with no complete part of the bumper.. maybe more or less inclined than original and it's seems a bit different. Many parts seem different if are no in the right place.

Who know how this V6 will look like? Engine (powertrain) is more and more little, but if you take a look at the SF90, there is a little engine with a giant body. Spider version work very well much better than the Coupe that is a bit like Quasimodo The Hunchback of Notredame. It's difficult to change the back shapes introduced with 458, dry with 488, super dry with F8. Think at the perfection of LaFerrari rear hood! From hood to the rear central stop light is a long tongue of glass. SF90 rear hood is a crossway of lines to try something different and not seen. What does it work at eyes? So and so. Now two year since launch I start to like it.

Igor Ound and F140C like this.
  10. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    the warp is completely different from what they usually use to cover test-mules. it seems they're trying to tease something.. Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Maybe somebody just trolling us, wrapped his ferrari that way and follows ferrari prototypes around maranello to end up in all car sites. I’d do it

Magnus Kanerfalk, LVP488 and adall like this.
  12. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Don’t think they’re teasing anything. It really does look like a mechanical test mule of some kind where they don’t need to make significant additional holes and scoops for bigger coolers or inter coolers, etc.

Nevertheless it’s a 488 with Challenge front end and a rather large scoop where the backlight used to be and what looks like two additional round cut-outs in the rear bumper possibly hiding two additional exhaust outlets.

The flared rear wheel opening, Libertywalk-style, obviously hints at larger rear tires. So maybe it is a V12–812 replacement or LaF replacement?

F140C likes this.
  13. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    The only thing I noticed is the long wheel base, much bigger the regular 488/F8. Much bigger than LaFerrari because it has the same wheel base as 458/488/F8

F140C likes this.
  14. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Wheelbase does appear to be a few inches longer and possibly why they used the tacked-on wheel opening flares to cover relocated opening in the rear fender.

Interestingly, SF90 also has same WB as 488/F8 so Ferrari must find that measurement optimal. Hopefully for the V6 LB they can shorten the WB to get some weight saving.

Igor Ound, F140C and isot like this.
  15. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    I’d be in favor of a shorter wheelbase especially if it was a proportional down-size of overall dimensions.
    I’m not a fan of the modern trend towards automotive bloat. Cars feel unnecessarily large these days.
    Sadly, I’m just yelling at clouds.

of2worlds, BB84, tomc and 3 others like this.
  16. superfluous

superfluous Karting

Oct 4, 2020
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Gabe
    You all are asking the wrong questions...

The real question is how do we reverse emission laws so we can continue with full blown engines?

D11, Reiziger, Senna1994 and 2 others like this.
  17. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    [​IMG]

18. MassAppeal

MassAppeal Karting

Mar 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mass Appeal
    The answer to your question (in the US) just lost the Presidential Election. However, Biden is a Corvette enthusiast (who won’t be able to drive now), so there maybe a glimmer of hope. In Europe there maybe no hope.

19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    No hope, unfortunately.

MassAppeal likes this.
  20. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
  21. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Mclaren urethra, arthritis? Stupid name

isot likes this.
  22. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Oh Igor. Zip it.

Igor Ound likes this.
  23. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    The UGLIEST name ahaha.. I'm italian.. Artura. Horrible name. Leonarda. Fabrizia. Luigia. :D

Igor Ound likes this.
  24. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Mclaren Tatiana :D

isot likes this.
  25. MassAppeal

MassAppeal Karting

Mar 28, 2018