SF90 Stradale Spider | Page 7 | FerrariChat

SF90 Stradale Spider

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Jul 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Too early! Just announce them at the same time.

Jim Smith and ntatfas like this.
  2. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Too much digital destroys the experience. Lets hope they don't make this mistake with the 812 VS.

JTSE30 likes this.
  3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Pretty typical Ferrari: Want a Spider? Buy a coupe first and then trade it in.

pknowq likes this.
  4. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Oh I agree. The V12 would need hybrid assistance. I understand why it wasn’t done. It would nullify the La Ferrari with newer tech and more power with the same power train setup. V12 hybrid with awd? Wowza

5. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    That dog ain't gonna hunt no more - Too many customers already burnt on that deal including yours truly

Jim Smith, Jo Sta7 and TheMayor like this.
  6. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Just can't see how the "buy this or you don't get that" BS will work with SF-90.

At least with the 812 GTS, they were able to dupe people with coupe as spider prerequisite because the coupe was a no-brainer. And there was two years of coupe delivery to customers before they announced the spider.

It still blew up in their face because anyone can get a GTS build allocation today with no history.

With SF-90 they don't have the coupe out to customers, they announce the Spider, and then expect people to buy the coupe to get the Spider?!

Maybe if factory announces super limited run of spiders this would work. Otherwise the dealers are just plain stupid if they try to play this game with SF-90 customers.

pknowq, Jim Smith and F2003-GA like this.
  7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    The SF90 does look very similar to the J50. The spider even more from the back...I wonder if J50 owners are upset haha.

isot and Tommy Boy like this.
  8. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    what is the weight of this one?

9. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    This is the last exciting car to come.
    For the rest, in my opinion, the direction is not the right one !

of2worlds likes this.
  10. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The V12 in the LaFerrari was even more powerful than the V8 in the SF90 and in any case, power and torque was never a problem. If anything, the LaFerrari is overpowered, the car can spin its tyres in 5th gear! It is just that the Stradale is a series production car, so CO2 emissions matter and a TT V8 helps that cause. I just hope that they will launch a new V12 (a la Valkyrie) with their next halo hypercar.

Regarding the Spider, that some people have mentioned, keep in mind that a lot of buyers prefer coupes anyway, plus the open top carries a penalty of 100 kg.

F142George likes this.
  11. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    What about F167? Or the next Icona? Not the right direction as well?

12. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Zero limitations. Also if they get showered with Spider orders or clients deciding to cancel their Coupes for it, they will make more Spiders than Coupes. They are not restricted in any way. If you ask dealers they will tell you it is hard to sell the F8 but very easy to sell he F8 Spider. So they are taking tons of orders for Spiders and few for the F8
    Also if they cut something due to production closures it won’t be the cars with the largest profit margin.

Ferrari is very rational on these things which is why it is so successful.
    The only way you will see limitations is if a dealer with 10 slots gets a queue of 30 people trying to order one. But this is not the market for such behaviour and the factory wont get involved like they do with the limited models. When the SF90 was launched, I called my dealer driving back from Maranello on Thursday morning (day after the launch if I remember correctly) and he told me he had 14 firm orders. I did the same after the virtual launch of the Spider and he had plenty of interest but just a handful of orders. Business is slower

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Tommy Boy likes this.
  13. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Icona, I don't know because it concerns too few people ...
    For the rest, it's not ok ...

9nb likes this.
  14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    why?
    They changed their plan about the F167?

Champagner and SVCalifornia like this.
  15. Shamus

Shamus Rookie

Mar 29, 2019
    I have a SF90 Stradale on order and I am generally a fan of the spiders throughout the line. I was also peeved to see the Spider come out so quickly when I was sold the same story of buying the coupe to get the spider etc... BUT this is a car with 1000hp, massive torque vectoring via its 4wd and 100kg more blubber vs the coupe and all still built on top of a predominately aluminium chassis. I know Ferrari has said the SF90 spider is stiffer than cars before it but that is what they said on the spider versions of the F8 vs the 488 vs the 458 but all have cowl shake and flex in the corners and they are less heavy with much less power and hence less g forces than the SF90 spider. I just don’t think anyone who is serious about driving - not posing in - a mega performance car like this can go with a spider - at least not one from Ferrari. The ultra rarity of the La Ferrari Aperta and its unfiltered V12 made its open top proposition work but I don’t think the SF90 Spider will achieve that legendary status nor symphony in any format so I want to drive it and to it’s limit because that’s where it bests any other car out there at almost any price point and hence why I went with the coupe. Now the fact that the spider has evoked so much emotion and more interest says a lot about who is buying these cars - not a criticism btw.

16. isot

isot Formula 3

May 6, 2012
    Lucca
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I was impressed with the beauty of the SF90 seats. I immediately noticed it last year at the Universo Ferrari: this very fine, super flexible carbon shell, with the saddlery parts resting on it. Very beautiful. Did you notice in the presentation of the Spider how elegant and subtle those seats are? I would like one at home. A sculpture.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

of2worlds, F140C and sampelligrino like this.
  17. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I can't talk about it for now...

18. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
  19. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    Certainly better than the 458/88/F8- in that the engine is visible! It also helps clean up a very busy coupe rear. As for the spider flex-expect it- this isn’t a carbon shell like the LaFerrari or the McLaren lineup- and the torque on this thing will twist the chassis to some extent

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    So that can only mean hybrid for the F167 as well ..

21. 96redLT4

96redLT4 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2009
    California
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Probably a gauche question in this rarefied air, but how much will this car cost with a few options boxes checked?

22. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Base Price already published but option list probably not yet. Those with coupe orders know how much CF is included in the coupe's base price - probably none.

Count on adding US$100K to base price.

96redLT4 likes this.
  23. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Horse power difference between coupe and spider - is there any? Ferrari claims 1,000 HP for spider but coupe only 986?

24. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Difference must come from the little difference there is between the american horses (BHP) and the european horses (PS)

25. ntatfas

ntatfas Karting

Apr 27, 2011
    UK
    New 3D experience for the SF90 Spider configurator. Managed to make it crash a couple of times but at least they are trying to improve the "at home" configuration experience though it does now have those "to choose this option drop other options".

9nb likes this.