SSC Tuatara | Page 3 | FerrariChat

SSC Tuatara

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by BJK, Feb 7, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #51 BJK, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    tritone and Boomhauer like this.
  2. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    at 0:52 , 0:58 , and 1:10 notice the CENTER rear wing/spoiler/speed brake in FULL UP position which you never see in photos.

3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Man card issued. Great to see this. Everything else is SLOW.

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    BJK likes this.
  5. TopspeedPT

TopspeedPT Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal
    Interesting...

chichinato likes this.
  6. chichinato

chichinato Rookie

Sep 1, 2016
    #56 chichinato, Oct 26, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    Just saw the same video. Very strange if they have slowed the video, makes no sense. If you want to publish a world record, especially one this groundbraking, you don't clutter with the video. You don't want anyone to have the ability to counter your claim, especially this easily.

Seems to me that SSC is relying on the Tuatara being the worlds fastest car for marketing and sale of the car. The comparison with the Koeningsegg is especially telling, the koeningsegg is clearly faster and much much more stable.

Look forward to hearing any rebuttals SSC have, and more discussion around the record.

TopspeedPT likes this.
  7. TopspeedPT

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal
    A couple more details in this video.

8. ODiaz13

ODiaz13 Karting

Aug 14, 2020
  9. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Lack of response from SSC is disturbing. I find it nearly unfathomable that SSC would or even could 'fake' this world record run.

At 15:34 Shmee talks about the trans gearbox ratio's. The TOP SPEED in this vid, which was achieved in 6th gear, is only 293 mph !!! Sooo ....... W T F !!! :confused: o_O :eek: :mad: :(
    Where is the satellite data and independent verification?

Boomhauer likes this.
  10. chichinato

chichinato Rookie

Sep 1, 2016
    Heard roomers that they had used the video of a different rund. They claimed they did three runs, one to break the WR where they went around 285mph, one the go 300 mph, and one of max effort. However it is not possible for this to be the 285mph run, as if you look at the video, you can see the telemetry on the computer in the passenger seat saying 330mph. So there is no way this is the wrong footage.

Have a look a this 4K 360 video of the run. You can see the computer clearly in the passenger seat. Lags by 10-15 mph to the screen in front, however reaches 330mph by the end of the video.

Also to note is the fact I saw someone debating weather the video was slowed down during editing or rendering. On YouTube you can speed the video up and down using the cog to the right. If you select 1.25x speed this would be 25% faster. The run itself looks good, however his celebration at the end is very strange looking. His hands end up looking like a hummingbird.

11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I have no idea if its fake or not (I sure hope it isn't) but the most compelling argument that it didn't happen as claimed is the timing of the white lines down the road and the transaxle gear ratios vs max RPM of the engine.

Both of those seem to match a speed of 280.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  12. TopspeedPT

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal
    Misha and Robert.

GuyIncognito likes this.
  13. TopspeedPT

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal
    Top gear(and Driven Plus) vs SSC North America. Both use the same video BUT it shows different speeds. Audio also seems to be modified.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

PaganiHuyara likes this.
  14. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    The shifting and gearing was the most surprising to me when I first watched the video. Lots of early shifting through 5th gear and then 6th gear started at like 200mph and went to over 300mph...was odd watching it but I figured with a 300+mph top speed the gear ratios would probably be optimized one way or another for that speed.

15. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    As much as watching Shmee makes me want to put a fork in my eye, he might be onto something. I'll honestly be very disappointed if this turns out to be faked, however I hope to see what SSC has to say.

16. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Sorry for the double post, but they blocked comments on their latest Instagram post. Something seems off.

17. TopspeedPT

Jul 6, 2012
    Portugal

Motortrend article tittle "Dumb controversy(...)" :rolleyes:

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Post #55

20. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #71 BJK, Oct 28, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Response from LarryC (owner of car used for record run) - says he doesn't have any answers, but he's willing to do it again to clear this up.
    turn on sound
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CG3BCMLFT0C/

TopspeedPT, imahorse and Scudmsl like this.
  21. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    That was well done by Larry. I hope they redo the run with better/redundant monitoring equipment and we can clear this up. But he has the right perspective as the owner of a great car...either way it turns out.

BJK likes this.
  22. chichinato

chichinato Rookie

Sep 1, 2016
    I wonder why this is all they published. There are so many specific issues surrounding this that they would have to give explanations for why the video shows lower speed and how they reached the speeds claimed with the given gear ratios. Its all well and good that the GPS company verifies it, however it should be a very easy fix to just release a video of the actual run or explain that they have made changes to the car in some way.

Misha and Roberts video really showed the issues with this clip in more detail than shame. 247mph is WAY off what they claim.
    Also, what king of tyre is rated for 331mph?

Seems dodgy...

23. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

He should because no one believes it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk