LB Esthetically Looks like Smaller SF90 Question.?. | FerrariChat

LB Esthetically Looks like Smaller SF90 Question.?.

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by FerrariFR33458, Oct 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Honest question.... would you guys buy a LB if it looked like a smaller SF90 but obviously a V6? Fast as hell, hybrid assisted, sleek design inside and out, agile...I think I would. What do u think?

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Gh21631 likes this.
  3. FPFaeth

FPFaeth Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2009
    NY
    Full Name:
    Frank Faeth
    Sorry, but what does LB stand for? Thanks.

4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Little Brother.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

FPFaeth and RayJohns like this.
  5. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    A V-6 and hybrid, I'm out!

Bas and Autolove like this.
  6. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    I'll take the older brother 458 over it. All day long!

7. Tommy Boy

Tommy Boy Karting

Aug 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    De
    You mean if the SF-90 itself were not an option?

8. SVR

SVR Karting

Feb 9, 2017
    Moscow, Russia
    Yes, because I need new sportcar, and F cars still much better then Macs, Lambos, and 911s. But I don’t like such design, and digital cockpit, and weight of hybrid.

Ferrari are not absolutely best now. Just best among the worst.

9. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    IMHO the chance of LB looking like SF90S are small. Under Mazoni, there is a clear design based differentiation between the various product lines. The best example being PortofinoM not borrowing any design cues from the Roma even though this was largely expected to happen. I am expecting LB to have its own unique design and not be a compensation prize for folks who can't afford to buy the SF90S.

10. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Don’t like the looks of the SF90 so no!

Don’t want a V6 in my sports car so no!

Mikael-F360, GT2goneF and Autolove like this.
  11. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I must not be hip to the 2 letter abbreviations either. What's LB stand for?

Ray

12. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
    Little Brother (LB) to the V8 lineup is what F chat has chosen to call it. Friendly reminder, F1 cars are V6 hybrids, so the tech has been perfected I think. That being said, I enjoy my V8 and V12. I'm not sold on the LB but a fresh exciting design that doesn't resemble the SF90 or 488 could sway me.

RayJohns likes this.
  13. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Someone actually decided on the term "Little Brother" as an official Ferrari car name?

Can't wait until they start offering Ferrari bath soaps...

Ray

dustman and jm2 like this.
  14. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I hope we see a totally new and fresh design for the LB. One reason I passed on the F8 is it was just a minor facelift of the 488. If the LB is to similar to the F8 or SF90 I fear it will not be that successful when you add the rumored V6 hybrid drivetrain.

15. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I think a V6 hybrid setup might be sort of cool. I guess it just depends on how the final product turns out.

I think Ferrari needs to land some place between the SF90 and the Roma to really inspire people. I love the look of the Roma, but as an exciting car I can't live without, it sort of leaves me at 8 out of 10. The SF90 just looks so whack from the back end, I have a hard time even wanting to drive down to the dealer to see it in person. The F8 is sort of interesting looking, but I think it's too much like the 488 GTB and maybe not enough like the Pista to really warrant buying one (as I have mentioned before, I turned down my F8 allocation, so I'm sure I'm on some Ferrari blacklist by now lol).

At least for me, the only thing on the radar currently is the F12.. either that or sell one of my kids into slavery and get the F40 I've always dreamed about.

Ray

GT2goneF likes this.
  16. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    I picked up up a 2019 812SF in May to bridge the gap. My first V12 and it’s a blast. Some great deals out there.

Caeruleus11, italiafan and GT2goneF like this.
  17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Owner of a 488 GTB from new the LB will NEVER be a consideration. Hybrid NEVER. V6 instead of a V8 NEVER.

My last new Ferrari will be the 488 GTB , maybe the F8 in 2022 or my own custom Ferrari :)

italiafan, Bas, AD211 and 1 other person like this.
  18. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    This is exactly the reason I am getting an F8. To me, it is the most beautiful car right now on the F line up. I considered the SF90 but I just can't come around its looks and I am not interested in hybrids, much less in electric. I will compromise up to Turbo and that is where I draw the line. I like the front end of the Pista but not the rear or the dated interiors. My next choice will be a NA V12 and it will very likely be the the 812 SF. In fear of what's coming, namely the V6 turbo hybrid (it even hurts to say or write that) I loaded up the F8, and will end up keeping it.

italiafan likes this.
  19. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    End of an era :(

GT2goneF likes this.
  20. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    The beginning of the end, indeed. I am still praying for synthetic fuel to come up but future doesn't seem bright enough to survive this. I just hope I am wrong. I will hopefully be dead before all this comes to an end. I have a feeling that I won't be... The thought alone of getting into an EV, even as a passenger, gives me the creeps.

21. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    Never say NEVER ;)

22. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Coming quicker to a state new you. Ireland to ban new car sales 2030. It will pick up speed around the world.

23. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Ferrari > electric , sorry no chance. I need my 488 GTB plugged in all the time.

GT2goneF and Gh21631 like this.
  24. ntatfas

ntatfas Karting

Apr 27, 2011
    UK
    In more detail it is banning new Fossil fuels cars by 2030 and is talking about stopping the issuing of National Car Tests from 2045 for Fossil fuel cars. No detail at this time about exemptions for "classic cars", etc.

25. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Not Ferrari but Fchat! This started a couple of years ago when news of two mid engined Ferraris was shared here on Fchat. The V8 hybrid was named Big Brother or BB and the V6 hybrid was named Little Brother or LB. BB was what turned out to be SF90S and we are still waiting for the LB to be released.

RayJohns likes this.